Phillies

Sureshot or Brick Armory Gun Range?

Shore Shot does have a pull out barricade on some of their lanes. I have never shot at BA do they allow rifle caliber? if so do they have a caliber limit?

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to take a ride down there and try it out.

BA - $21 to $30 an hour, depending on day and what you are shooting.

SS - $10 an hour.

Looks like an easy decision to me. The last time I wen to SS, I payed 11.79 per box of PMC 9mm. Not bad.

That price depends on when you go. If you're a NJGF member I believe it's less. Member price for 9mm

last time I paid after tax was $17.00. That was about a month ago. I like Shoreshot. Pretty easy going

environment. I like to film when I shoot which you cannot do at Brick.

From Shoreshot:

MONDAY - THURSDAY: $20 PER WALK ON

FRIDAY - SUNDAY: $20 PER HOUR/PER PERSON

Shore Shot does have a pull out barricade on some of their lanes. I have never shot at BA do they allow rifle caliber? if so do they have a caliber limit?

Is that that thing that swings out? Do they put cardboard over it or something to make it like a barricade? I must have missed it, gotta check tonight when I go by.

BA - $21 to $30 an hour, depending on day and what you are shooting.

SS - $10 an hour.

Looks like an easy decision to me. The last time I wen to SS, I payed 11.79 per box of PMC 9mm. Not bad.

Me thinks you got away cheaper than the normal pricing.

• Like 1

Is that that thing that swings out? Do they put cardboard over it or something to make it like a barricade? I must have missed it, gotta check tonight when I go by.

Me thinks you got away cheaper than the normal pricing.

Maybe so. It was a Sunday morning, 1 hour and 2 boxes of 9mm was right around $36. But, I also got swept by a guy "teaching" two girls to shoot. Between that and the gas and tolls, I just joined OB.

. But, I also got swept by a guy "teaching" two girls to shoot. Between that and the gas and tolls, I just joined OB.

Which is why I myself am just thinking of joining CJRPC. Yea it's allot of money in dues etc but then you can go whenever and as much as you want, plus there's much more available to do then just an indoor range.

When to SS Wednesday morning and I really did not know about the discounts, that sucks. First trip this year, I live in Paterson it's a long drive there but I like the place the RO is on top of his job that's good to see. Probably the range in Randolph is closer but I like SS.

SO BA lets you use a holster? How about SS? Can you holster there too?

ou can use a holster if you ask the RO 1st. you must stay in the booth with a holstered weapon you can not walk around with a weapon behind the line. the RO will ask you if you are experienced drawing from the holster and will help you if needed. also SS has one barricade.

Scig

BA physically has a newer/better range that's the only advantage over SS. I find with some employees at SS they don't seem very personable at first but they kinda warm up to you and after that I really liked to go their until I got to join central jersey.

Took my brother and his wife to BA year or so ago because my brother went their once and it was the only place he felt comfortable with. His wife never shot so pretty much they forced her to take a 20 minute safety course and the guy taught her nothing. All he talked about was how he doesnt need a gun for self defense and you dont need to own a gun to be a secure person and he never went over with her how to operate any of the handguns. When we got into the range I had to teacher her everything and they charged her 25 dollars for the "lecture".

Who and where is "RTSP?"

Plus I've been in another thread and upon asking how SS knows I'm a forum member (for all the discounts) others chimed in that there really aren't any discounts at all, which is why no membership proof is required. Go figure?

Another thread here? Non-members shoot for half of the walk on price anytime.

Scig above is an RO at Shore Shot, he will help anyone that needs it AND warn those fools that can't follow the rules.

I have been to SS and BA several times. SS always has had an RO there, BA has never had an RO there. I only go during the morning or early afternoon, never really have anyone else there. Never had an issue with any of the staff at either facility. The girl at BA is a pretty good salesperson though, she is always trying to get people to buy guns, I find it amusing.

Which is why I myself am just thinking of joining CJRPC. Yea it's allot of money in dues etc but then you can go whenever and as much as you want, plus there's much more available to do then just an indoor range.

The annual dues alone are no more than a year at most other public ranges. The capital cost reduction fee is a lot, but if you shoot a lot and you're close to make it an easy drive, it is well worth the money. Especially when you consider what the club offers.

I was at both SS and BA recently as a complete newbie. Both have great guys on staff. BA guys explained basics, SS guys confirmed I got BA lesson right.

BA had no RO on a range, some people were shooting fast with some big and extremely loud guns there. Even having no experience I spotted some other visitor who did not handle his rifle(?) in secure way.

I preferred security of SS with one RO on a floor and another behind glass wall. RO did not just sit but actively watched what was happening and corrected some visitors.

When to SS Wednesday morning and I really did not know about the discounts, that sucks. First trip this year, I live in Paterson it's a long drive there but I like the place the RO is on top of his job that's good to see. Probably the range in Randolph is closer but I like SS.

You live in Paterson and went to SS?  Wow.

Do you know about the Woodland Park Range, right in the town next to you?  In my opinion, vastly superior in every way, cleaner, lighter, friendlier, etc.  And probably 10 minutes from you...

It is a very chill place to shoot a gun casually. Every where else closes at 3 or 5 in the afternoon these guys are open till 10pm on saturdays.

Casually meaning people casually swing their guns around.  I was there once, got swept about 50 times, and my fellow patrons frightened me...

I must go at very different times.  I can only remember one time that I saw something that wouldnt be considered "standard range practice" (someone unboxed their rifle on the bench in the back, but the guy didnt sweep anyone).. unless I just dont happen to notice since im shooting

I must go at very different times.  I can only remember one time that I saw something that wouldnt be considered "standard range practice" (someone unboxed their rifle on the bench in the back, but the guy didnt sweep anyone).. unless I just dont happen to notice since im shooting

+1 I've  been going on sundays and its crowded and never had a problem. 

I just got my first BA range membership.. the range is nicer, the employees were way more customer friendly. Shore shot employees made it seem like you were bothering them and the "RO" there was an ass and total range nazi. I dont need to be baby sat and lectured on why shooting at 25 yards is a waste with a handgun... over all it was an easy choice that I am happy I made. I would never give SS another penny or recommend them to anyone.

I just got my first BA range membership.. the range is nicer, the employees were way more customer friendly. Shore shot employees made it seem like you were bothering them and the "RO" there was an ass and total range nazi. I dont need to be baby sat and lectured on why shooting at 25 yards is a waste with a handgun... over all it was an easy choice that I am happy I made. I would never give SS another penny or recommend them to anyone.

I shoot there and had/have my issues with their customer service but since come to terms that I have enough friends and just as long as they are efficient in completing my purchases,and getting me a lane I'm happy.

As for the RO's...many are now new and don't know me but I found if you diligently practice the basics of gun and range safety and follow range rules they leave you alone. Since the unfortunate incident last year, SS have upped the amount of oversight on the lanes however and some may take exception....I, on the other hand appreciate it.