JackDaWack

Snow comming tomorrow

Just a friendly reminder to get the gear ready for tomorrow. I just broke out the snow blower and got it running and ready for tomorrow, had to go out and get gas as well. Every year i'm ill prepared for the first snow, not this time! The snow shovels didn't magically walk away this year either.

I'm skeptical of getting snow and Ice in the same storm during the day (for my town). I usually get snow up here on the mountain when they call for ice with snow. It won't surprise me south of here though.

My report says:

... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 am to 5 PM EST

Saturday...

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter

Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing rain... which is in

effect from 1 am to 5 PM EST Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch is

no longer in effect.

* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.

* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches... along with

less than a tenth of an inch of ice south of the southern

Poconos and far northwest New Jersey.

* Timing... snow will overspread the region after midnight...

falling with varying intensity into Saturday morning. The snow

will gradually change to sleet and freezing rain south of the

southern Poconos and far northwest New Jersey before all

precipitation ends in the afternoon.

* Impacts... areas of slippery driving and walking... especially

on untreated roadways and sidewalks. Motorists need to use

caution when driving on bridges and overpasses... where icy

spots can easily develop.

* Temperatures... mainly in the 20s.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or

freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for

slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while

driving.

My flight is due to arrive at 6 am in philly. Any takers on how delayed it will be, if any?

30-45 minutes tops only because the snow isn't starting till early morning anyway. Early flights in shouldn't get too stacked up. You're lucky its 6am and not 9 or 10 a.m.

My flight is due to arrive at 6 am in philly. Any takers on how delayed it will be, if any?

If you have an aircraft ready in LAS for a red-eye flight into PHL you won't be impacted by any TMI's (Traffic Management Initiatives, IE;. Ground Delay Programs, Ground Stops) so if you push on time, you actually may get in a few minutes early.

If you have an aircraft ready in LAS for a red-eye flight into PHL you won't be impacted by any TMI's (Traffic Management Initiatives, IE;. Ground Delay Programs, Ground Stops) so if you push on time, you actually may get in a few minutes early.

Great to hear. Aircraft is at the gate right now, 30 mins from boarding. US 431.

I take it they will not be too likely to divert?

Just a friendly reminder to get the gear ready for tomorrow. I just broke out the snow blower and got it running and ready for tomorrow, had to go out and get gas as well. Every year i'm ill prepared for the first snow, not this time! The snow shovels didn't magically walk away this year either.

I am usually well prepared and find myself ill prepared and skeptical on the accumulation of more than an inch. Which means there will probably be a foot and I'll probably have to shovel my way into the back yard to the snow blower that I stuffed under the deck to make room in the garage, only to realize I have no gas. :facepalm:

We got about 1.5" is all. Nothing to bother with shoveling never mind using the snowblower. Figures, after last winter I paved and bought a brand new heavy duty Ariens Pro 32 with a 13hp motor on it. That's the kiss of death for snow (we won't get any now.) LOL

I drove 100+ miles south to pick up my Sigs from PK90. A lot of accidents on the Turnpike even though the snow had pretty much been cleared. Very odd!

I managed to pick up a puncture on the return journey (screw stuck in tyre), luckily I managed to get home with only one stop along the way to add some extra air in the tyre. Considering I had firearms in the trunk I didn't want to risk NJ laws and stop somewhere to have the puncture fixed, find they open the trunk for some reason, and then call the police! *sigh*

TheWombat

Ah, now I am rested. Slept 2 hours on the red eye.

Took anastasia 2 hours to get to the airport, and an hour 45 back. Saw 8 accidents on the way back, 2 that happened right in front of our eyes. Roads were horrible.

AWD + good tires for the win.

It only took me 20 minutes to plow, but then, I don't get paid for it.

After I cleaned up behind my cars, try as he might, the snow plow guy just couldn't get enough snow off the road to plow me back in. I was in the house doing this: finger.gif