Tosser

Medical Class: Beyond the basics: Trauma

As promised I will be teaching a class that will cover the following medical topics and more:

Safety

Assessment

Treatment

-GSW

-Penitrating Trauma

- Pneumothorax(s)

- Shock

-Bleeing

Skills

-Bandaging

-Splinting

-Hemostatic Agents (When and how)

-Chest Seals

-Airway

-Airway Adjuncts

What to expect when you call 911

Medical Kit composition and analysis

This will be a combination of hands on and lecture.

As of right now I have a location however they will be charging me to use the facility. Therefore there will be a small cost involved for everyone.

Current Location will be in Mantua/Pitman

Exit 53 of Route 55

If anyone else has a location we could use for free, let me know.

Caping this class at Twenty (20) People.

First you said it would be free - now you are charging for it? What gives?

What are your qualifications to be teaching such a course?

Are you a certified instructor in trauma medicine?

Do you have proof of liability insurance?

Will I receive a certificate of successful completion at the conclusion of this course?

How long will the course be?

Are any books or literature recommended or provided?

I expect that based on your course description that you will be providing hands-on training of a GSW. I'm really looking forward to this aspect of the course.

Will I receive a certificate of successful completion at the conclusion of this course?

I expect that based on your course description that you will be providing hands-on training of a GSW. I'm really looking forward to this aspect of the course.

This is not a certification class.

As GAPP pointed out if you don't feel I'm qualified to teach the class don't come.

I am only charging because teaching the class will cost me money for a hall rental. ( I'm not that nice of a guy to cover the expense) I am trying to pull some strings to get a free location.

I'm not putting my resume online for a class that I am doing out of the kindness of my heart for my friends and not profiting from (I'm actually loosing money by opening equipment for use for teaching), but I assure you I am more than qualified to teach this subject matter and can address that in person. I am not trying to run/start a business with this.

The class will be 50/50 hands on and lecture. (no moulage)

If you want a certification in trauma management take PHTLS, ITLS, TCCC, BTLS, EMT or Paramedic school.

I can teach an ITLS class for you but that will be $200. Let me know.

If you would like a reading list on the above mentioned topics I can send you some amazon links, let me know.

• Like 1

don't take this in an offensive way.. but you are being pretty hostile to someone trying to do something really nice for people.. trying to pass off information that might really help someone at a bad time.. I know Tosser pretty well and I dont think he is all that interested in making a "quick buck" off something he already offered to do for free.. it is just not his nature.. I am sure if the place is free then it will be free to you.. just bring some good warm chocolate chip cookies.. or something..

• Like 1

don't take this in an offensive way.. but you are being pretty hostile to someone trying to do something really nice for people.. trying to pass off information that might really help someone at a bad time.. I know Tosser pretty well and I dont think he is all that interested in making a "quick buck" off something he already offered to do for free.. it is just not his nature.. I am sure if the place is free then it will be free to you.. just bring some good warm chocolate chip cookies.. or something..

There's a saying in life "Karma's a ****" or "Turnabout is fair play"...

Please - tell the ENTIRE community how well you KNOW Tosser...

As far as him doing something nice, I don't think he fully realizes the ramifications of his offer. If (let's use you as an example) VLAD takes Tosser's training and helps someone else and that "patient" sues Vlad, what's your defense in court? I was instructed by an EMT who is not certified to be an instructor?? Cool - patient now owns Vlad's house and potentially owns Tosser's house too. But IANAL...

Please - tell the ENTIRE community how well you KNOW Tosser... Is that like in the BIBLICAL sense? :taunt:

As far as him doing something nice, I don't think he fully realizes the ramifications of his offer. If (let's use you as an example) VLAD takes Tosser's training and helps someone else and that "patient" sues Vlad, what's your defense in court? I was instructed by an EMT who is not certified to be an instructor?? Cool - patient now owns Vlad's house and potentially owns Tosser's house too. But IANAL...

Without certification in anything you are covered under the Good Samaritan law.

• Like 4

Please - tell the ENTIRE community how well you KNOW Tosser... Is that like in the BIBLICAL sense? :taunt:

dan,

I see your point, but I am interested in learning these thing for my own personal use. I am not looking to become an overnight emt. I just wanna be able to take care of me or my party in the event something horrible happens in the middle of nowhere.

I think his offer was/ is really nice to teach guys a thing or two about what to do in case something happens in the field or something.

DJG see the following regarding immunity from civil liability for Good Samaritans.

http://www.state.nj....maritan-act.pdf

I fully understand the liability associated with teaching this class and accept it. Nothing being taught in this course is radical and follows every standard of care. If you don't feel comfortable learning skills to potentially save someone's life due to potential personal liability that's your prerogative and to be honest I don't' want you in this free class that I'm doing for my friends here on NJGF.

In addition, I hold numerous instructor certifications from various issuing authorities.

I again refer you to a certification course listed previously as that will address all of your concerns.

• Like 4

Settle down now. Dan has very real questions that many people who do not know Nick personally would have. I don't believe anyone is trying to take a dig. carry on.

I think this is Dan's way of getting in on this since he got free training from GFH. Just keepin it real yo!

I think this is Dan's way of getting in on this since he got free training from GFH. Just keepin it real yo!

whether he got free training or not his point is valid I asked Tosser the same thing.. are you sure you want to do this due to liability issues.. his response was that which was discussed above.. that he is not pretending to be offering some certification in something.. he is not advertising and selling a class based on any expectation "take my class and you will be a certified combat medic".. he is having an informal meet to help some people who are part of a mutual community understand how to possibly help save someone in a bad medical emergency.. just because Dan is partial doesn't mean the concerns are worthless.. but as pointed out.. There should be no legal issues as he is not certifying you in anything.. just trying to prepare you for the worst..

I said to him why even do this.. and he said..

the person needing care could be anyone.. it could even be me.. the more people who can help the less likely there will be for a loss of life..

sounds genuine enough for me..

the question of liability was asked.. and addressed.. if anyone is not comfortable then they should just not go.. this was originally just going to be a few people and was originally just discussed in chat... I think he is just posting it here to allow more people to learn if they choose to..

• Like 1