blksheep

What holsters do people have?

I have mostly safariland gear for off-duty, range and concealed use.

I have 3 6004 tac holsters one for my Glock 19, one extra for 19/23 and one comming for my Glock 34.

I use mainly my Blackhawk CQC holsters for my glocks. I also have a Galco Shoulder holster and some other assorted Safariland leather for various uses.

I infrequently carry, but most of my holster use is for gun games and range use.

With that said, I like Bladetech holsters and have been buying them for pretty much all my pistols. I use them for gun games. I have a leather Galco for carrying which is nice.

Next up on my holster list is a Blackhawk Serpa for the M&P. I have never had a retention holster and I would like to try it as many people seem to like them. Also on the list is an IWB holster for the M&P.

I don't carry, so I just have holsters for the games. I used to use a Fobus holster, which wasn't bad. I recently made my own out of kydex sheets though. It's not as pretty as a professionally made holster, but it's exactly what I wanted, and a fraction of the cost.

In order of preference:

Raven Concealment

G-Code

Comp-Tac

Blade-Tech

What I'm doing will generally dictate which holster I'm using.

I had a Fobus that I bought for a P22 cuz I was cheap and didn't want to spend a lot of money for a .22. What a piece of garbage. Ripped the front sight off the gun on the second practice draw from the holster.

In order of preference:

Raven Concealment

G-Code

Comp-Tac

Blade-Tech

What I'm doing will generally dictate which holster I'm using.

I had a Fobus that I bought for a P22 cuz I was cheap and didn't want to spend a lot of money for a .22. What a piece of garbage. Ripped the front sight off the gun on the second practice draw from the holster.

another -1 for fobus.. I had a fobus mag holder.. and it was great.. for about 2 months of hard use.. after that it stopped retaining the magazines well.. and now it is essentially shot.. never had that issue with any of my Blackhawk stuff..

HK USP - Fobus(always worked wonderfully for me. Just the right amount of retention without being difficult to draw) for gaming

- Galco paddle for OC

- Don Hume IWB for CC

M&P45 - Fobus(haven't used it enough to decide if it works yet) for gaming

- Don Hume IWB for CC

BHP - Galco IWB for CC

- Don Hume OWB for OC

1911 - Blackhawk CQC for OC and games

- Don Hume OWB for OC

Sig p226 - Blackhawk Serpa for OC and games

Desantis OWB leather for the 686, 1911 and Taurus public defender

Desantis pocket holster for LCR and NAA 32acp

Desantis ankle holste for LCR

Blackhawk drop-leg Serpa holster for 1911 (for REAL gun training)

S&W 586 4" gets a Mitch Rosen pancake for IDPA or a CR-Speed for USPSA.

S&W 686 gets a CR-Speed for PPC.

Colt .45 Officers gets a Mitch Rosen pancake.

SA 1911 .45 gets a CR-Speed for USPSA or a Gunsite Cooper Special or a simple Blade Tech sleeve or a Uncle Mike's softie IWB.

S&W Model 19 4" gets an old leather belt holster.

Uberti Colt & Remington 1858 reproduction Black Powder pistols, caliber .44 get K-Line or Triple-K for barrel lengths from 7.5-12 inches

S&W Model 29 gets an Uncle Mike's codura nylon belt holster.

I might have forget some along the way?? I shoot a lot of different disciplines....