hiker88

Man accused in shooting of Rutgers student arrested again...

Ok, he was out on bail for the other shooting and his bail this time is 50 grand? Maybe it's just me but I dont think there should be bail. Why do I feel that if it were me, that bail would have another zero on it.

Because they want them to be able to pay the bail. If they set it to high then they cannot bring in any more money. NJ is a business after all.

<Insert Sarcasm> Glad to see that NJ's strict gun laws prevent an asshole like this from acquiring a gun.... Oh wait... He DID have a gun!!! Yeah, thanks NJ for screwing us law abiding citizens while scum like this get out on bail AFTER BEING ARRESTED FOR A SHOOTING and roam the streets to get another illegal gun and get back to his despicable life to commit more crime!!!

Damnit, I get pissed when I read stuff like this!

• Like 3

Besides the fact he was on the streets again with a loaded gun this caught my attention

"Police chased him and saw Davis drop a gun, Papas said. He said the gun was fully-loaded with hollow-point bullets, which are prohibited.

Davis, of the Somerset section of Franklin Township, Somerset County, was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of prohibited ammunition. He was being held today on $50,000 bail at the Middlesex County jail in North Brunswick."

Prohibited ammunition??? LOL

"He said the gun was fully-loaded with hollow-point bullets, which are prohibited."

As dumb as the statement is, it isn't wrong. However it should have said

"He said the gun was fully-loaded with hollow-point bullets, which WAS prohibited."

That would imply that both the gun, and ammunition, in the capacity of that situation, were prohibited. Why they continually just point out the hollow points is beyond me.

Because they want them to be able to pay the bail. If they set it to high then they cannot bring in any more money. NJ is a business after all.

The only way the state would make any money is if he jumped bail.

Most people misunderstand the purpose of bail. It is to ensure the defendant's appearance in court. Bail is not supposed to be designed to keep one incarcerated or protect the neighborhood unless there is proof that the guy would be a danger to society. I would think that shooting someone makes him a danger too but that by itself doesn't warrant no bail or a bail high enough the guy can't come up with it.

Bondsmen (like the "Dog") are the only people who make money on bail as a rule.

Objectively: There is no need to use derogtory, homophobic slurs or comments. In fact this is zero tolerance issue.

Subjectively: I'm offended as a heterosexual male who knows plenty of homosexual individuals who have far more merit and respect of mine than the amount of people I know personally on this forum. If you want to gay bash in any form, don't do it here or I will pursue punishment (in regards to the above comment about zero tolerance).

As you were.

(If anybody has any comments, please refer them to me in PM form. All other responses on this thread related to this post will be Unapproved. Thanks.)

• Like 2

Objectively: There is no need to use derogtory, homophobic slurs or comments. In fact this is zero tolerance issue.

Subjectively: I'm offended as a heterosexual male who knows plenty of homosexual individuals who have far more merit and respect of mine than the amount of people I know personally on this forum. If you want to gay bash in any form, don't do it here or I will pursue punishment (in regards to the above comment about zero tolerance).

As you were.

(If anybody has any comments, please refer them to me in PM form. All other responses on this thread related to this post will be Unapproved. Thanks.)

???????

Wrong thread?

???????

Wrong thread?

There were a series of comments made in response to a homophobic comment. I did not put my initial comment in context, and had removed the other posts regarding it-- my apologies for any confusion.

Ok, he was out on bail for the other shooting and his bail this time is 50 grand? Maybe it's just me but I dont think there should be bail. Why do I feel that if it were me, that bail would have another zero on it.

Unless there is a documentable/articulable flight risk, bail MUST be allowed, and it cannot be set so high as to be considered Punitive...bail is meant solely as an appearance guarantor. To use myself as an Example,l the guy who burglarized my home was initially held on a very high bail, be he couldnt make it after a month and a half it was reduced to the point where he could make it.

This is another fine example of how upside down NJ gun laws are.

I don't think this has anything to do with gun laws. Rather, it deals with how bad of a state we live in, and what the times are coming to. I am all for a CCW, however it would not prevent fine upstanding citizens like this guy.

Unless there is a documentable/articulable flight risk, bail MUST be allowed, and it cannot be set so high as to be considered Punitive...bail is meant solely as an appearance guarantor. To use myself as an Example,l the guy who burglarized my home was initially held on a very high bail, be he couldnt make it after a month and a half it was reduced to the point where he could make it.

did you see the bail for the synagogue fire bomber?

5 million with no cash option.

did you see the bail for the synagogue fire bomber?

5 million with no cash option.

Multiple arsons?? im surprised it was that low... Everything depends on where you are...an offense that would get you a $200K Cash bail in Hunterdon County would probably get you a $20k/10% in hudson. Judges make the decisions