If your going to spend over 2K for an AR15 then I would look elsewhere. I never owned or fired an LWRC but there are alot of negative reviews on AR15 forum boards. For over 2K you are better off getting a Noveske, LMT, or KAC rifle. Daniel defense also makes a nice rifle for under 2K.

If your going to spend over 2K for an AR15 then I would look elsewhere. I never owned or fired an LWRC but there are alot of negative reviews on AR15 forum boards. For over 2K you are better off getting a Noveske, LMT, or KAC rifle. Daniel defense also makes a nice rifle for under 2K.

Links to substantiate this?

Considering you have no firsthand knowledge of this, your post added nothing of value. =P Not saying you are wrong, but rather a link would be helpful.

Personally, I can't speak to the quality of the firearms, besides the contact I had with them the past two years at shows, and I do like the fit and finish on the rifles. If you can build one, build one.

Otherwise, yes, Noveske, LMT, Knights all make a fine rifle. I know of a guy here who is selling a Noveske.

I have never fired or owned a LWRC rifle that is true. Tempted to buy one in the past but did not b/c of the experiences that a couple fellow shooters who I know personally had with their LWRC rifles. One is a SWAT operator and his unit had to get rid of their LWRC rifles b/c of continued failures. They use LMT rifles now and he is a happy camper. Another is an accomplished AR15 instructor that has seen issues with his students that have used LWRC rifles in his training classes. Those rifles are firing 600 to 800 rounds for a weekend class and they cr@p out during "hard use". To sum it up..."they aint all that". If something does go wrong then their customer support is very good. Are they junk, no way. They make a good product but for that amount of money I would expect a great product. I have shot and owned LMT, KAC, and Noveske systems and have no issues with them. I would buy them again. Also, JP rifles has a great AR15/10 but they are less "tactical" so not sure if the OP would be interested.

Here is a link MAKS to some reviews of LWRC on M4carbine.net...

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=70201&highlight=LWRCI

Links to substantiate this?

Considering you have no firsthand knowledge of this, your post added nothing of value. =P Not saying you are wrong, but rather a link would be helpful.

Personally, I can't speak to the quality of the firearms, besides the contact I had with them the past two years at shows, and I do like the fit and finish on the rifles. If you can build one, build one.

Otherwise, yes, Noveske, LMT, Knights all make a fine rifle. I know of a guy here who is selling a Noveske.

I would not own a LWRC rfile. Not only have I seen a ton of problems but that company F'd over a lot of people in the industry. If it wasnt for Maytech saving their a$$, I dont think there would be an LWRC to buy from today! Unfortunatly I think Maytech bought them on the IAR contract prospect but that dog didnt hunt and the award went elsewhere.

I can say the fit and finish is probably the best i've ever seen, and the ergonomics of their rifles is supreme... I don't think i've held a better feeling rifle, and im currently building one to satisfy that feeling again.... Now as for function, i have no idea.... Heavy use may not be something your interested in putting the rifle through, but at a high price point for an AR15, i would demand a rifle that could be dragged through the sand.

I have a LWRC 5.45x39 upper and never had any issues with it and I see no indication of carrier tilt. It's awesome especially when shooting the dirty corrosive ammo. That thread on m4carbine.net only had one or two guys claiming to have experienced or heard someone else experience issues. I don't see anything conclusive about issues with LWRC. There are always pissing matches between users of these brands anyway. I've seen a lot of talk re. POF vs LWRC.

Cons of Piston vs DI is not really an "issue". I do think it is overpriced, but so are KAC and Noveske.. and if you think that's overpriced, take a look at HK's version of piston ARs :)

I read the linked thread, not very convincing. One loud douchenozzle with zero content complaining. One guy who seems smart but doesn't know what nitro carburizing actually does for a barrel. One dude complaining about old management. One legit gripe about their dual spring extractor ripping off bits of case rims (which I believe, their dual spring extractor rather than running longer due to redundant springs binds up when one gets weaker than the other by too much. So instead of one opportunity to fail, it has two.)

I wouldn't spend my money on them for several reasons, but most of them aren't specific to lwrc.

Changed my mind. Think I'm gonna take the Gun for Hire build a beAR class and build my own.

Honestly it's easy to do. I wouldn't waste the money on a class to show you how to build it. Go on YouTube and watch a few videos. It took me about 45 minutes the first time and I had zero experience with ARs. Building an upper is a little tricky but honestly building the upper isn't really cheaper than buying a complete upper. I'd build the lower and buy a complete upper. I could even walk you through the lower build if you want. PM me with any questions

Honestly it's easy to do. I wouldn't waste the money on a class to show you how to build it. Go on YouTube and watch a few videos. It took me about 45 minutes the first time and I had zero experience with ARs. Building an upper is a little tricky but honestly building the upper isn't really cheaper than buying a complete upper. I'd build the lower and buy a complete upper. I could even walk you through the lower build if you want. PM me with any questions

I don't know about that, even people who either had an idea on how or built one before have had a lot of great things to say about the GFH Class.

I don't know about that, even people who either had an idea on how or built one before have had a lot of great things to say about the GFH Class.

I'm sure it's a great class. I've heard a lot of good things about GFH. Actually want to do some of their shooting classes when I have the extra cash. I just personally wouldn't spend the money to learn how to do something that's fairly easy. I'm a little OCD so I watched a bunch of videos and learned a lot of little tricks that helped me. I'd rather save the money and take a class that teaches you how to shoot it better.

I'm sure it's a great class. I've heard a lot of good things about GFH. Actually want to do some of their shooting classes when I have the extra cash. I just personally wouldn't spend the money to learn how to do something that's fairly easy. I'm a little OCD so I watched a bunch of videos and learned a lot of little tricks that helped me. I'd rather save the money and take a class that teaches you how to shoot it better.

I agree, you don't need a 3 stage class to learn how to build an AR. I love the fact they offer it for people who may be hesitant to build or aren't good with learning on there own. However you can find 90% of the info in those classes right on youtube. Years ago this would have been great, but with all the step by step video tutorials you can get for free there is little point. Save your money and take a class worth the money IMO. Maybe someone who has taken the class can chime in, but do they just show you how to assemble it? or do they help you fine tune it too?

If i understand correctly the point of the class is to walk in on day one with nothing, they help you design what you want, pick out parts and order them, at step 2 you need to have the parts ready to assemble, and step 3 is a continuation... Which is great for a new guy who doesn't know what he needs to complete the build.