Cemeterys Gun Blob

NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE!

All I did was google NJ legislation for today's date, and I got to a site that had a place on it to "click to listen". since I'm at work I only listened to the last 15 minutes or so. I think they will change the wording to be more specific as what is banned. Many people pointed out it was to vague and all ammunition could be banned by whim. In the end, they decided to ammend the wording and try to pass it again. I think it is a short term victory but still a victory.

Found the same link and will listen to after work. Looks like the complete discussion would remain available for at least a short period of time after they're done: http://www.njleg.sta.../live_audio.asp

What I'm really curious about is overall tone of the discussion. While it's good if they acknowledged the problems with wording, I'm gonna be pretty annoyed [but not surprised] if the discussion is more like 'this needs some work before we push to have it passed, as we're already going to propose something like this no matter what'

I fill you guys in more later tonight about the discussion. I just can't right now. Rather than write it in a post. If you anyone is interested... lets do it as a "Chat" here at the forum. How about we say 8pm... just to be safe. I'll sign on and you guys can ask any questions you want about what happened. I was there for the full A588 discussion.

• Like 3

I fill you guys in more later tonight about the discussion. I just can't right now. Rather than write it in a post. If you anyone is interested... lets do it as a "Chat" here at the forum. How about we say 8pm... just to be safe. I'll sign on and you guys can ask any questions you want about what happened. I was there for the full A588 discussion.

Sounds like a plan!

Thank you for your dedication. It is very much appreciated.

A1013 passed out of committee with "future amendments to address the concerns"

Don't you just love how the pols do this sh*t?

That's what happens when the committee chair is the bill's sponsor

Ignorance abounds

FUNJ

And we know how well that is going with regards to OGAM and Purchaser ID card

Regardless of how futile it may sound, we have to keep the pressure on. I'm in favor of organizing a petition drive. We have to be able to gather at least a few thousand signatures if we all hit our family, friends, and ranges. Not to mention all the hunters and hunting clubs out there. In talking with friends this weekend who do not participate in this forum, they were outraged of the actions and claim to have send emails to the information I forwarded them (thank you NJGF family for providing the information).

I'm saying we create a petition that addresses specifically A588, and expands to explain we want an overhaul of the gun laws with the input coming from the gun owners!

Regardless of how futile it may sound, we have to keep the pressure on. I'm in favor of organizing a petition drive. We have to be able to gather at least a few thousand signatures if we all hit our family, friends, and ranges. Not to mention all the hunters and hunting clubs out there. In talking with friends this weekend who do not participate in this forum, they were outraged of the actions and claim to have send emails to the information I forwarded them (thank you NJGF family for providing the information).

I'm saying we create a petition that addresses specifically A588, and expands to explain we want an overhaul of the gun laws with the input coming from the gun owners!

Already a petitition on page 3 in this thread.

If you and one friend go down to Trenton and chase these idiots around for half a day it will do more than sending them a petition with ten thousand signatures on it.

Show them the petition you plan to circulate with a list of shops and ranges that you are going to use. Show them their name on the cover page with the names of the rest of the scumbags, with the names organized by districts, and ask them to verify that you spelled their name correctly. Next to all their names have a checkbox for naughty or nice. Tell them you will be back with the results after the vote.

After the vote, come back, and deliver the petition as promised. This is the second time you go. Include two flyers, one naughty and one nice, each with names organized by district. Give them a list of the ranges and gunshops that have agreed to hand out the flyers. This is your second trip to Trenton.

On your third trip to Trenton - Welcome to Cheers. The bar where everybody knows your name.

• Like 1

Already a petitition on page 3 in this thread.

The on line petition is good but I'm talking about hitting the thousands of people who either don't bother going on line because they don't have a computer or an interest in the internet.

If you and one friend go down to Trenton and chase these idiots around for half a day it will do more than sending them a petition with ten thousand signatures on it.

Show them the petition you plan to circulate with a list of shops and ranges that you are going to use. Show them their name on the cover page with the names of the rest of the scumbags, with the names organized by districts, and ask them to verify that you spelled their name correctly. Next to all their names have a checkbox for naughty or nice. Tell them you will be back with the results after the vote.

After the vote, come back, and deliver the petition as promised. This is the second time you go. Include two flyers, one naughty and one nice, each with names organized by district. Give them a list of the ranges and gunshops that have agreed to hand out the flyers. This is your second trip to Trenton.

On your third trip to Trenton - Welcome to Cheers. The bar where everybody knows your name.

I see where your going but I'm thinking more of a D-Day invasion. Deliver the petition to Trenton with a few thousand signatures. Get right in front of them with a brief intro then put the paperwork in their hand. On the same day, press releases to Fox News and Patriot Radio on Sirius XM. Matter of fact, have a camera crew with you when you deliver it. Even if it only ends up on youtube, it's still caught on tape and can be referred to by any media outlet who choses to pick up the story months, day, or weeks later.

To MoisinFan.

On Friday I called everyone on the committee. I could speak to only one, who told me that as a serving police officer he would be voting to pass the bill through committee, but listened, thanked me and said he'd consider it. This was good. I next wrote to them all and received one reply. This person said that before all the calls and emails they were dead set for it, but were now undecided. This is good. I used this as an opportunity to reply to him and also to send a second email to everyone with a different title, where I asked them to consider two brief points.

I think sending emails IS useful and people should be encouraged, not disparaged, for doing so.

G

With the exception any typos I’d don’t know how else to say it.... The point is if you don’t like what they are doing in Trenton do something. FAX, email, call or carrier pigeon but let Trenton know. Thanks for your efforts there G !

For those that are interested this is how it happens so there still may be hope to kill it

• Like 1

Found the same link and will listen to after work. Looks like the complete discussion would remain available for at least a short period of time after they're done: http://www.njleg.sta.../live_audio.asp

What I'm really curious about is overall tone of the discussion. While it's good if they acknowledged the problems with wording, I'm gonna be pretty annoyed [but not surprised] if the discussion is more like 'this needs some work before we push to have it passed, as we're already going to propose something like this no matter what'

the tone sounded like that if ammo is made illegal, then it's illegal, and target shooters will have to deal with this.

Assemblycritters from urban areas don't care about target shooters, sportsmen, or self defense.

Also sounds like they want to make it the same deal with regards possession hollow points.

Seems like the woman who wrote this bill and is tesifying FOR it is really clueless......

And who is the woman who wants to know why people even possess guns that can shoot armor piercing ammo?

in handguns...just like it is in the rest of the country. AP is legal in rifle rounds

Not that many rifle rounds. For example, .30-06 and .50 BMG, yes. 5.56 and .308/7.62x51, no. Supposedly this is because there have been handguns made for .223 and .308. The .30-06 AP round is specifically exempt from the AP ban by name.

Which is all really stupid, because these regulations (laws?) were passed long before any cop had ever used a SAPI plate as part of their duty armor. And, therefore, the non-AP 5.56 and .308 rounds would have been just as vest piercing as the AP rounds.

I listened to the audio recording to the meeting, was it just me or did the one woman who said she would like to support the bill but would not because it gave to much power to the AG sound like she had no understanding of AP rounds at all. To me it sounded as though she was under the impression that it takes a special gun to fire AP rounds. This kind of raises a question in my mind, in a case like this would it be better to inform her or leave her ignorant. If she was informed we would hope she would make beter decisions when it comes to firearms by not supporting bill such as these. at the same time, If she just hates guns period she might have decided to support such bills as than she would know that AP rounds can exist for an firearm and it may scare her much more than the extra power provided to the AG

The woman is Bonnie Watson Coleman. Don't expect legislators to know anything more about firearms except what they learn from the media and Bryan Miller.

Her two sons have knowledge of firearms. Both did time for armed robbery.

For real? wowser. what district does she represent?