TheLugNutZ

Updates on Range 14 construction?

Was at Range 14 today for a ShootNJ training class. We were a pistol class but were placed on the rifle side, ports 20 and 21 - seems like ports were open. 8:30am already a ton of cars there. Weird to see how the trees on the left side of Range road as you drive in are totally burnt, and on the right side seemingly untouched. Surreal looking. Far more attention to detail during cease fires I noticed today - RO walking the line to ensure everyone's weapon empty and shown clear along with a brightly colored chamber flag used. The coverings are really helpful - had a few sessions of light rain and coverings did a nice job keeping folks dry.

Appears to be done. Great value for the occasional shooter.

Well, I'm also an airsofter who needs a regular field. As I see it, I'll pretty much do the bulk of my shooting over the summer, when school's out, and during winter break. With airsoft there every third weekend of the month, and with the ability to shoot real guns there, for only $60, it's pretty much the best deal for my circumstance. Not to mention if I get a membership now, it will last me until school lets out next year, so it will expire right when I'd be ready to do more shooting, in the event I go in the guard, or decide to change ranges or something. Wish it was a little closer, but it's not too bad. Around me, for rifles, there's only Square Circle (Which, from what I hear, is nearly impossible to get into), SJSC, which isn't terribly close, and is expensive. Hagues, which is expensive, probably isn't a long range, and has a bad reputation from what I hear. And that's pretty much all I know. If only Bob Viden owned a rifle range, love Bob's little, but I'm not much of a pistol shooter.

I called today and confirmed the RIFLE SIDE is open.. (I know I am late back in the conversation)..

Busy having this built in TX last week (and half ago) on my 11 Acres..

finalR.jpg

IM000010.JPG

and shooting in my PIT..

PitPic1.jpg

Nice. Vacation or Future Home?

Was a vacation & build week.. went to NM to Carlsbad Caverns for 1/2 day also..

This will be future home.. (hoping by end of year)..

As not to derail this.. heres a link to my post in another section on here..

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33971-tx-project-moving-forward/page__view__findpost__p__469121

Was a vacation & build week.. went to NM to Carlsbad Caverns for 1/2 day also..

This will be future home.. (hoping by end of year)..

As not to derail this.. heres a link to my post in another section on here..

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33971-tx-project-moving-forward/page__view__findpost__p__469121

Carlsbad Caverns were awesome. I saw them on a cross country trip 15 years ago. What a great part of this country. I would love to live in the Southwest one day.

I went to range 14 today. 16 may 12. All rifle lanes were open today. Took my new Henry .22 and got lane for 2 hours right off the bat. Got there at 1245 and was shooting right away. They have a new rule now that you have to put chamber flags now to show that your weapon is empty. They sell them 6 for a $1.00. They are just neon zip ties. But the new roof and benches are nice

I went to range 14 today. 16 may 12. All rifle lanes were open today. Took my new Henry .22 and got lane for 2 hours right off the bat. Got there at 1245 and was shooting right away. They have a new rule now that you have to put chamber flags now to show that your weapon is empty. They sell them 6 for a $1.00. They are just neon zip ties. But the new roof and benches are nice

Really? What a pain in the a**.. I've considered joining this range even though it's an hour from me... but all the pain in the a** rules are annoying and keep me from "pulling the trigger" on joining..

What's the furthest distance for rifle at 14? I've never been on that side, only pistol side for classes with GAPP...

Really? What a pain in the a**.. I've considered joining this range even though it's an hour from me... but all the pain in the a** rules are annoying and keep me from "pulling the trigger" on joining..

What's the furthest distance for rifle at 14? I've never been on that side, only pistol side for classes with GAPP...

Really, a chamber flag would keep you from joining the cheapest range in the state? I am glad to see they finally are taking firing line safety serious. I never thought having a range officer in a tower and hundreds of feet away from the end of the line was very safe. I would really want to know that everyone's weapons were unloaded while I was walking down range.

Water jugs ok.. just clean up the mess.. metal cans I don't think so.. metal targets with approval of the RO..

I shot my AR500 plates.. I just asked first.. you have to put them OUT though.. like 150 or 200 yards for safety..

200 yards for rifle side marked at 25, 50, 100, 150, 175, & 200..

I don't mind the chamber flag rule.. at least there showing they want safety.. like not standing at table during a ceasefire..

$60/year and $4/hour is still a good deal... and they do night shooting upto 8pm some nights..

Was there last weekend with a buddy of mine. We used chamber flags but i didnt hear them mention it once. The RO walk up to each table tho, 1st time i have seen that before. It also seemed like 2 ROs were on, one walking and one in the tower.

My membership just expired, but i think ill have to re-up... Just too inexpensive not too and until CJ is within budget for me, ill have to stick it out at R14...