The maniac that shot up all those kids at Virginia Tech prompted a campus gun ban. The students who suddenly realized they were vulnerable all went out to get a gun for their safety and personal protection. It's very easy in Virginia as they are a Pro-Gun State.

When the school issued their banning, the students organized and all began wearing a empty holster!

This started several silent protests throughout the country Wisconsin and Wyoming have been know for doing this.

What would happen if we did that here?

Any Law Enforcement amber out there?

Any thoughts?

The "protest" would need to be clearly defined and advertised too. Otherwise it could be misinterpreted like all the "OCCUPY" protesters around the Country who for the life of me cannot collectively tell us what it is exactly they are supposedly protesting. It's the equivelent of opening up a window, sticking your head out and loudly shouting "I'm mad as hell - and I'm not going to take it any more!"

At Colorado State University they tried to ban CCW on campus. When it was proposed by the board of governor that the President had to change the policy to ban CCW we protested, petitioned and voted. We did the empty holster thing to raise awareness to the students that had no idea, set up booths to explain the situation to fellow students where they could also sign the petition to stop this (we got over 3000 signatures), we then handed in the petition one sheet at a tie in a large line, ABC news was here filming it and I was interviewed personally for 20 minutes (guess I couldn't be made to look like a gun nut by any of the footage as it never made it to air), our student council vote unanimously against the idea of banning CCW in a symbolic vote as they do not control policy, and I wrote a letter to the President that flat out stated that he as a state worker did not have the authority to supersede state law in which he wrote back that he in fact did.

He went ahead and changed policy to ban carry on campus, we sued and won you can still carry to class just like I did everyday I went to class at CSU. I never did write a "told you so" letter to the douche bag.

Nothing changes if you don't make noise. Anyone that says it is pointless has given up and should just go crawl in a ditch and die quietly alone instead of trying to bring others down with them. (the ditch and dying is of course not to be taken literally, so don't get you panties in a wad I do not want people to die, just want them to shut up if they don't want to help.)

• Like 1

Good For YOU and the CSU Kids!

I guess you RAMMED (School Mascot) it up the admin's butt!

I think that the protest would have to be publicized so that people know why you're walking around with an empty holster, though.

At Colorado State University they tried to ban CCW on campus. When it was proposed by the board of governor that the President had to change the policy to ban CCW we protested, petitioned and voted. We did the empty holster thing to raise awareness to the students that had no idea, set up booths to explain the situation to fellow students where they could also sign the petition to stop this (we got over 3000 signatures), we then handed in the petition one sheet at a tie in a large line, ABC news was here filming it and I was interviewed personally for 20 minutes (guess I couldn't be made to look like a gun nut by any of the footage as it never made it to air), our student council vote unanimously against the idea of banning CCW in a symbolic vote as they do not control policy, and I wrote a letter to the President that flat out stated that he as a state worker did not have the authority to supersede state law in which he wrote back that he in fact did.

He went ahead and changed policy to ban carry on campus, we sued and won you can still carry to class just like I did everyday I went to class at CSU. I never did write a "told you so" letter to the douche bag.

Nothing changes if you don't make noise. Anyone that says it is pointless has given up and should just go crawl in a ditch and die quietly alone instead of trying to bring others down with them. (the ditch and dying is of course not to be taken literally, so don't get you panties in a wad I do not want people to die, just want them to shut up if they don't want to help.)

+1

You're a bigger man than I. If I would have been in your shoes I'd totally have written the president a letter afterwards saying "I told you so" (of course after graduation!).

I hope that d-bag doesnt run for AG of NJ or we are f'd.