It was great meeting fellow forum members at the RO class.

George Jones is a great instructor and presented the material in an easy to understand manner.

Big thanks to Jim Norman for setting up the course and to Dave for hosting us.

See you at the range.

Jan

I was definitely impressed by George Jones, to say the least. The man seems to know anything and everything there is to know about USPSA...sure, even for shooting, ROing, and even being on the board of director's for MANY years, he is still learning in a sense but DAMN does he know a lot! I felt proud being one of his students.

It was great meeting some new guys, seeing the usual guys, and having fun during the class. Sure, the classroom part was a bit dry at times but it's gotta be done...and it was nice to look forward to the hands-on range time of the class for the last few hours of the second day.

I must say, even for shooting a couple matches every month for the past ~6 months, I definitely did NOT realize how much RO's and score keepers must do and their endless responsibilities. I definitely give them MUCH more credit now!

Edit: And yes, of course a big thanks to George, Dave, and especially Jim Norman for organizing the class in the first place...but also thanks to the 23/24 attendants who also made this class happen if you think about it. Without everyone interested in bettering themselves for the sport, and expanding the sport, we wouldn't have been able to fill the spots needed to get it going.

On behalf of the Mid-Atlantic Section committee, thank you one and all for taking the time to learn about our sport. Without ROs, matches could not happen. We appreciate that you've decided to volunteer to help. Please don't hesitate to ask us to assist you in becoming excellent range officers in the next few weeks and months. We want to help you succeed.

Again, Thank you!

Nik Habicht

Mid-Atlantic Section Coordinator

Nik,

Looks like you folks did a fine job! Old Bridge has always been a trend-setter when it comes to having a SAFE good time in the shooting sports. Glad to hear of such a good turn-out! Kudos to Dave, Jim, George & yourself!

Rosey

Great class, always great to see you guys. Thanks George, Jim, Dave, and also Maks for letting everyone know that this class was being put together.

It was a long class, but full of information, really gets you thinking about all the possible scenarios and things that can happen at a match.

So which of you guys who attended want to jump into designing stages? It's really the other half of fully understanding the game, and it doing it will make you a better USPSA shooter.

Anyway, seriously. We always have a need for more stage designers at CJ and old bridge, and we try to mentor a lot for new designers if you need/want it.

If you are interested, PM me you email info, and which clubs you are interested in OB or CJ, and we will get you included on the email lists for stage designers.

Nik,

Looks like you folks did a fine job! Old Bridge has always been a trend-setter when it comes to having a SAFE good time in the shooting sports. Glad to hear of such a good turn-out! Kudos to Dave, Jim, George & yourself!

Rosey

I had nothing to do with it......

This was all Old Bridge's doing -- and George volunteering to fit it into his schedule. I'm just really grateful everytime there's a class, and 20-30 folks give up a weekend, and then some, to give back to the sport!

I'll post some tools and templates with some guidance on what works for what.

I've been a bit occupied as my kid decided that for his first birthday a raging fever and a visit to the ER was the way to go.

Ok, if you don't have word or powerpoint, you can download Open office at http://www.openoffice.org/

If you do use open office and wnat to submit anything, make sure you export the page with the diagram as a pdf file, as there cna be some issues going back and forth between word and OO with these templates.

For tmeplates, you cna download them all zipped up at the following URL.

http://bloodimage.com/stage_building_examples.zip

• Like 1