Underdog

Snubnose Revolvers

I am really thinking about getting a snubnose revolver for some fun and punishment... I was considering the Ruger LCR or maybe the semi-auto LC9. But, after reading about the Taurus polymer, I am interested. Has anyone seen or had a chance to handle/fire one of the new Taurus Protectors in .357 w/ the gripper grips, and if so, what was your impression?

I am also interested in a comparison between it and the Ruger LCR, or perhaps the stainless Taurus 650 CIA.

I am also interested in 9mm revolvers, such as the Taurus 905 or the Charter Arms... Has anybody heard anything about the new Charter Arms 9mm rimless snubnose revolver that is suppose to come out this February?

Lastly, if you have any recommendations and/or thoughts on snubbies, please advise. Perhaps I should just stick with the Speed Six.

I own the Taurus 605 .357 with a 3 inch barrel in satin stainless primarily as a HD firearm and have fired over 400 rounds now without an issue of any kind. It's a small gun and with .357 loads can be quite a handful but still quite manageable. I wished ,however that I had chosen as my first revolver something with actual sights but I'm rectifying that soon.

If it's a Revolver................it's a Smith & Wesson.............nuff said.

Never a truer statement. Put another 200 rounds through my 686 this weekend. Not only is that gun a tack driver but it's a joy to shoot. The trigger is just oh so lovely. You can get a short barreled Model 60 I believe it is which is yum yum.

I'm sure Pizza Bob will chime in and he's the encyclopedia on Smiths

I don't like to badmouth anyone's choice, but I'm of a like mind to those above - if it's a revolver, it SHOULD be a Smith.

Can't fathom why you would want a snubnose except to carry. They are hard to shoot. They hurt to shoot. While they are mechanically accurate, whether a user can shoot accurately is another story completely.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

"Fun" and "snub nose" do not go together. IMHO, the only reason for a snub nose .38/.357 revolver is for carry. I've never enjoyed shooting the LCR, although I would consider carrying one.

I know about the Charter Pit Bull, and I heard rumors that it was coming out in 9mm.

I could see how that would be a useful gun for someone who wants to carry a revolver, but doesn't want to purchase another caliber. I would be interested in one myself.

This is my wife's little pink Smith. She's become deadly accurate with it at 15 feet or so. She can stand on the line all day without any problems, and she's a tiny little thing.

4275393700_c62fc347c1_z.jpg?zz=1