Sandy

Just picked up a...

Ruger Mini M14 Ranch :fan: It is a real good looking rifle..stainless steel barrel . nice wood for the stock. It didn't come with a scope..I'll shop for one shortly. It is a nice size for me , short arms and all.

I got some 4 or 5 year old .223 ammo with it. I plan to strip and clean the rifle before trying it at the range this weekend. Think 5 year old ammo is ok? It's been in a tin army box..dry..in a closet .

Pictures tomorrow :)

Yes , gun was cared for by a knowledgable collector , all ammo is still in the box and was kept in an army metal case specifically for storing bullets ( I believe) . I'll have to watch a few videos on field stripping and cleaning it. It hasn't been fired in 2 to 3 years. What about the ammon that has been in the magazines for 2 to 3 years? Pictures shortly :)

Thanks everyone!

Is that a special order item? On the Ruger website it only lists stainless barrels with the composite stock. I love the look of the stainless and wood. Beautiful rifle you have there. Me very jealous...

No idea , I purchased it from a family friend . Her husband was an awesome guy and it was his gun , he passed away 2 years ago :( There are several rifles she has left to sell off. She said it was ok for me to share the info. She has a Marlin , a Rossi , a Stevens , and a Remmington. 2 of them look small , they were her son's guns when they were little. She mentioned one was very old ( all are in great condition ) If anyone wants more info , inbox me and I'll get details.

The Ruger caught my eye the minute I saw it. I too love the stainless with the tiger stripe wood. It does have a scratch on one side that happened during transport ( damn , knew I should have bought cases before picing it up ) The scratch is not at all deep , think I can fix it myself with a stock repair kit , or should I pay someone to do it for me?

Ah , I'll be going daytime. I have to be home in North Arlington for my son's school bus by 3pm.

I'm going to check out Brick Armory and Shore Shot. Maybe join if I see any benefit to being a member. I thought I read they have member only weekend a.ms ?

I'm waiting to bid on this take off stock :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180824408378?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I have to have a stock cut down for me - another member offered to do it for me

( super nice thing to do ! )

I love the stock on this..it does have 1 good scratch in it though. I plan to have that fixed.

I don't know , if I decide the rifle will be mine for the long haul and will be given to my kids one day , I may alter this original stock. My daughter is 5 1/2 , 29 pounds and 39 inches tall. I don't see her breaking 5 feet tall as an adult either. Anyway , the value of keeping this stock whole would be for other people to enjoy shooting it. So if the altering of the take of stock works , and I decide to grow old with this gun in my collection , I will alter this unique stock too. It is just a factory stock I think. It just was made out of a piece of wood with a real nice pattern.

Ah , I'll be going daytime. I have to be home in North Arlington for my son's school bus by 3pm.

I'm going to check out Brick Armory and Shore Shot. Maybe join if I see any benefit to being a member. I thought I read they have member only weekend a.ms ?

Earlt Saturday morning is a member only shoot from 8am until 10 (i think). BA just usually isn't too crowded. I like it empty there because of there is usually not a full time range officer working. It stinks getting muzzle swept.