RubberBullets

Good places for ammo?

I know retailers have some really good prices when they go up on sale.. but for everyday purchase where would be a good place to pick up some .40 for range shooting? Online vs Store? any particular brands to stick to or stay away from? I stopped by Dicks today and all theyhad left in .40 flavor was a box of winchester 24 ct for $30... no thx :) Thank you for your input

www.ammoseek.com lets you pick what your looking for then gives you links to vendors online who use their service. It shows the price per box or case, and what the cost is per round. Make sure you check out shipping charges before purchasing. Some online vendors have very high rates.

www.sportsmanguide.com is not bad. They often do free shipping weekends. Check the Marketplace tab on the forum for the link.

And make sure you check with your local gun shops. Sometimes they may be not much more than an online vendor. Of course you will have to pay NJ sales tax, but in some cases compared to the shipping costs it doesn't add too much to the cost of a box of ammo.

Shop online.

Only rarely will I buy ammo at a local shop for a couple reasons - I haven't bought from the shop in a while and wanna support them by buying a couple boxes, it's mostly expensive locally, but the biggest reason is because I can't stand negative gun shop attitude.

Those ammo search-engines work fairly well, but there are a lot of online ammo retailers that are not registered on those sites. And most of those retailers are the honey holes :D

i ususally buy my ammo at dicks. they tend to have sales all of the time and carry good range ammo. for .40s&w i normally get their remington umc, blazer aluminum, or sellier and bellot. sellier and bellot is actually one of my favorite cheap ammo. its generally around $16 for a box of 40 and is pretty darn accurate. the umc is my second choice when its on sale. blazer they usually carry the 165gr for pretty cheap too. just gotta see what your range rules are though. Some ranges wont let you shoot the blazer aluminum cased ammo.

buying online can be cheaper if you buy alot of ammo at once. otherwise, by time you add on shipping costs, your at the same price as dicks anyway

buying online can be cheaper if you buy alot of ammo at once. otherwise, by time you add on shipping costs, your at the same price as dicks anyway

No really when you shop around and buy in bulk when they have specials on shipping or some other promo. That's the reason I usually have a few thousand (center fire, rimfire thats in the 10k's :) )rounds of each ammo I shoot so I don't run out in between specials. Well that and I also roll my own for a few of the calibers I shoot.

I buy all my ammo online... and have gotten the best deals at Sportsman's guide when they offer free shipping.

http://www.sportsman...ting.aspx?d=121

One thing I noticed with Sportsman's Guide is you can usually find coupon codes easily. I signed up for the Buyer's Club because I was saving $11 on the ammo (1000 rounds), plus free shipping so going with the Buyer's Club paid for the year membership with the Buyer's Club in the savings from this order, plus I got two $10 coupons for joining it. Then I also found a $10 coupon code online that worked. If you look hard enough you can get a really good deal with SG.

One thing I noticed with Sportsman's Guide is you can usually find coupon codes easily. I signed up for the Buyer's Club because I was saving $11 on the ammo (1000 rounds), plus free shipping so going with the Buyer's Club paid for the year membership with the Buyer's Club in the savings from this order, plus I got two $10 coupons for joining it. Then I also found a $10 coupon code online that worked. If you look hard enough you can get a really good deal with SG.

I post all the Sportsman Guide codes and free shipping info that I receive in this thread. http://njgunforums.c...guide-specials/

Yep right to your door, nothing like the look on the UPS guys face when he has to bring 3k+ rounds to your door :fuckyou:

I was surprised they left it. The tracking info said "18+ signature required" and they just dropped it at the door.

Maybe since it weighed 36 lbs the delivery guy went "F*** this, I'm not bringing this back to my truck."