O-gre

Got my permit 16 days from fingerprints

Because I don't want people going there expecting it! Don't think my local PD would appreciate that and I have too much respect for them.

Oh come on, 30 days is the guide not the minimum. It not like you're exposing someone for doing something wrong. Actually you would be showing a department doing their job.

I hear ya, but can assure you that it happened. Really could care less what anyone thinks. Just wanted to throw it out there so others looking to get a FID don't loose faith. Now the shopping starts!

Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks IMHO. It was my understanding that this forum was to help others, talk about experiences, and just have good conversation. I can't help but feel negativity, distrust, and a bit of attitude coming from you. Not exactly a stellar way to make friends here. I'm new myself here, but wouldn't want to rub anyone the wrong way. All this over naming your local PD because of "16 days"? Grow up and grow a pair.

• Like 4

Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks IMHO. It was my understanding that this forum was to help others, talk about experiences, and just have good conversation. I can't help but feel negativity, distrust, and a bit of attitude coming from you. Not exactly a stellar way to make friends here. I'm new myself here, but wouldn't want to rub anyone the wrong way. All this over naming your local PD because of "16 days"? Grow up and grow a pair.

Plus 1 for you new guy!

I'm a newer member too. I will say the Winslow Twp. PD does an excellent job of following the guidelines. I was even told when I picked up my first pistol permits about coming in to extend them if they weren't used in 90 days. I should also add they called my house cause my fiancee had not gotten her prints done to make sure she was still following through on her FID application. I commend them for doing one heck of a job, and I'm impressed with them following up. I have not posted about this before because 1, I don't want to brag to everyone especially the members who have to put up with months and months of waiting, unanswered followup calls, and extra paperwork bs by other PD's, and 2, I didn't want to jinks myself for when I apply for more permits (I believe in karma). There's no harm in sharing good news, and if your gonna stand up and post about how great your PD is, then give them credit!

Your joking right? I have been called a troll and a liar in a few short posts. I am not comfortable stating the PD. if that's a problem for some than that's too bad. I shared my experience nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

Your joking right? I have been called a troll and a liar in a few short posts. I am not comfortable stating the PD. if that's a problem for some than that's too bad. I shared my experience nothing more nothing less.

I have no personal issue with you other than your unwillingness to help. It's not a problem for me either, just wasted space.

Telling us you got your permits in 16 days without knowing from where is like telling us about a great deal you got for 1000 rounds of ammo, but you won't tell us which retailer.

I have no personal issue with you other than your unwillingness to help. It's not a problem for me either, just wasted space.

Telling us you got your permits in 16 days without knowing from where is like telling us about a great deal you got for 1000 rounds of ammo, but you won't tell us which retailer.

Can't imagine you would. That said does it REALLY make a difference. It's not like anyone is going to move from one town to another based on FID time. Am I wrong? If I see someone from my town I will gladly PM them.

• Like 1

Actually, you only shared half your experience. The particular PD is an important component. Not sure why you're so sensitive about telling us where you're from. You said it yourself, no one is gonna move there and put pressure on them just because you got it in 16 days.

Bizarre and sketchy, if you ask me.

Can't imagine you would. That said does it REALLY make a difference. It's not like anyone is going to move from one town to another based on FID time. Am I wrong? If I see someone from my town I will gladly PM them.

No but the people who read here would like to know, as well as the NJ2AS and other groups fighting for our rights being they and the rest of this track this sort of info.

I guess what the biggest problem here is everyone one here reports how there town has done, good or bad, and to have someone come in, spout info, and be evasive, it makes you look like a troll a not someone who is will contributor to the forum.

To be totally honest, sometimes I think that some folks here may be somewhat exaggerating about their claims and so called "horror stories" of the

long delays of 6, 8 months to get their FID and Permits just to create a topic to discuss to moan and complain about.

My personal process in Robbinsville Twp was a pleasure and all 3 times was exactly 3 weeks. Also, folks along the way that I have met also tell

me they got their FID/Permits all in reasonable times and have no complaints, so I really do not know what all the moaning and

complaining is about.