O-gre

Got my permit 16 days from fingerprints

To be totally honest, sometimes I think that some folks here may be somewhat exaggerating about their claims and so called "horror stories" of the

long delays of 6, 8 months to get their FID and Permits just to create a topic to discuss to moan and complain about.

My personal process in Robbinsville Twp was a pleasure and all 3 times was exactly 3 weeks. Also, folks along the way that I have met also tell

me they got their FID/Permits all in reasonable times and have no complaints, so I really do not know what all the moaning and

complaining is about.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

To be totally honest, sometimes I think that some folks here may be somewhat exaggerating about their claims and so called "horror stories" of the

long delays of 6, 8 months to get their FID and Permits just to create a topic to discuss to moan and complain about.

My personal process in Robbinsville Twp was a pleasure and all 3 times was exactly 3 weeks. Also, folks along the way that I have met also tell

me they got their FID/Permits all in reasonable times and have no complaints, so I really do not know what all the moaning and

complaining is about.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Glad to hear that you are so lucky to have such a pleasurable experience in your township... but that's not what is happening for MANY others.

It took nearly 6 months for me to get my FID reissued with my new address and to get 2 Pistol Purchase Permits, last year, through the NJSP... and it was a terrible experience. But then again, according to you, I must have been just exaggerating because I was bored and had nothing else better to do than make up stories to moan about. I guess all the horror stories must all just be made up in everyones imagination and everyone in NJ really gets their FID's and PPP's in under 30 days, right?

No offense, but I think that you have a very myopic view of the work around you, sir... or you just choose to discount everyone elses experiences, when they are different than yours, and poopoo on them as BS.

Because I don't want people going there expecting it! Don't think my local PD would appreciate that and I have too much respect for them.

Wow, you are sutpid. See... I'm not form monmouth county, thus I'm not form your town. Thus I can't actually... you know. GO TO YOUR FREAKING TOWN FOR A PERMIT. The only people who could go there iwth a misconsception are people who HAVE TO GO THERE. Guess what, if you have to go there and are unhappy with their performance, not much is going to change that. The only thing you might be able to do is cause some folks to mistakenly think positively of them.

If you are paranoid of a public forum, then close the web page and seriously consider not coming back.. It'll keep you safer.

complaining is about.

It may be a matter of perspective. I've lived in several towns and have gone through the permit process multiple times. So far, they have all been professional and polite, and generally took about 60 days with one set of pistol permits taking about 38 IIRC. However, I ahve a bunch of friends who I helped through the process. Most of them experienced similar with about 60 days give or take. Two townships all the work was done by the police (no clerks), and the police were total a-holes about it, those took a bit over 90 days.

Lots of folks who have had to deal with the worse times and attitudes think 60 days and not being treated like a criminal is "reasonable."

Fine this has been amusing to watch though not my intention. I come from the "land of the good bread" Lenape name. Very happy with my PD and the way I was/am treated! Of course I don't expect anyone to move here based on this I just didn't want to raise expectations for those that live here.

Why should gun owners be paranoid, have you never been outside the PR of NJ??? It's really not like this everywhere..

I can see how you got to 5000 posts. Since ur local, what's the deal with Old Bridge shooting range? Worth it or better options nearby?

more and more pd station are getting better at handling the permit process, i think more people are getting them now more than ever. if his turn around time was that fast thats good! that pd should be praised, buy them some coffee and donuts!!!! maybe other pd can learn from them?

I can see how you got to 5000 posts. Since ur local, what's the deal with Old Bridge shooting range? Worth it or better options nearby?

OB is about 10 minutes from my pad so it's convenient. As far as your location, I would decide on what club was closer and/or easier to get to between OBRPC and CJRPC. Both are great clubs and thee are other that can give you more details about CJ, but click the OBRPC in my signature and it will bring you to the website for more info. Either way, both are great and if I was in between both, I'd probably be a member of both..

OB is about 10 minutes from my pad so it's convenient. As far as your location, I would decide on what club was closer and/or easier to get to between OBRPC and CJRPC. Both are great clubs and thee are other that can give you more details about CJ, but click the OBRPC in my signature and it will bring you to the website for more info. Either way, both are great and if I was in between both, I'd probably be a member of both..

Thank you. Will check both out.

Oh come on, 30 days is the guide not the minimum. It not like you're exposing someone for doing something wrong. Actually you would be showing a department doing their job.

Sadly, 30 days is supposed to be the maximum. Not the guide or the minimum. The maximum. :maninlove:

Sadly, 30 days is supposed to be the maximum. Not the guide or the minimum. The maximum. :maninlove:

The courts absolved the PD's of having to meet the 30 day limit a long time ago - so it is, indeed, just a guide...unfortunately.

The courts absolved the PD's of having to meet the 30 day limit a long time ago - so it is, indeed, just a guide...unfortunately.

My understanding of that ruling is that it only applied if the town had not yet received all required information from the applicant and also received the results of the state background check and fingerprinting.

The chief can't legally (in theory anyway...) sit with your application, your fingerprints, your reference letters, and the state background check on his desk for 6 months while he decides whether or not to approve you.