johnp

Got my Florida CCW

So it takes Florida a month +/- a week to get a CCW license to you, yet it takes NJ 1-18 months for a FID/P2P?

I swear every time I read a thread on this site I want to move more and more.

Not always, When I got mine IIRC it was just under a month, and some who put theirs in at the end of December 2010 got them back in less than 2 weeks..

Makes ya feel good about how we do things in the PR of NJ don't it.. :facepalm:

I got mine in 12 days. I was down in Florida on Business. I knew the date I was going to be in Florida so I called and made an

appointment at a regional center and they did my application and electronic finger prints and sent them right out. it took about 20 min.

John, congrats. I am in Bergen County too, and considering doing this as well. Where and what requisite gun safety course did you take?

None, a copy of my DD-214 was all they needed.

To those who received their FL ccw.....where did you get your finger prints done - the local PD or did you go elsewhere?

I went through Gun for hire, got everything done by them, and they made sure all my T's were crossed. They also offer firearm training class if you need it. Fingerprints, notary, pics.

http://www.gunforhire.com/gun-classes-ccw.html

The process itself is very quick if that helps at all. Took my pics., looked over paperwork, did his notary thing, fingerprinted me. Out the door in 20 mins.

To those who received their FL ccw.....where did you get your finger prints done - the local PD or did you go elsewhere?

Got everything done including the course with Eimer in PA.

They also do Virginia and FL together. Sometimes they also do Utah in the same day.

http://www.personald.../ccw/CCW01.html