TCinJ

Anyone own a gun from Hi-Point firearms?

Looking at their pistols. Very affordable and have a lifetime guarantee. (380 ACP for under $150)

I'm reading mixed reviews on the intarweb, just wanted to see if any members here own or have owned any of their products.

A co-worker and I both have their 45 carbines. He also has their 45 pistol.

Fit is good

Finish is non-existent

Factory sights on the carbine are crap, but there's a full length rail to mount optics

Mags are 9 round only

All in all, I'd still rather be on the giving end than the receiving end of their function

And I'd rather have a closet full of HiPoints than a bag of hockey sticks, baseball bats and bricks.

Wow every review I have read has been the opposite of negative ones I have read here. Very reliable, accurate and a great value. As for looks they beat the Kel Tec sub 2000 by a mile! I just bought the new 995TS and I'm waiting for it to come in. I'll let u know what I think.

I have the carbine 995ts. Reliable and very accurate even in rapid fire. I can rapid fire a magazine and put all the shots within a 4 inch group at 26 yards without even trying. I have no experience with the pistols but most owners in the hipiont forum swear by them to be accurate and to go bang everytime the trigger is pulled. Also lifetime no questions asked warrantee. Check out the hipoint forum they will answer any concern/questions you mght have. I'll buy one if given the chance.

My brother had the 9mm carbine. It shot well until it was dirty. It was a pia to take apart and clean, so he just filled it with gun scrubber and was gtg for another couple hundred rounds. He sold it off after about a year. I fired it a few times, ran ok, a bit clunky, its no cx4.

My brother in law picked up a 4595 Carbine the other week. I can't say how it shoots yet, I've been too busy to go to the range, and he's hurt his shoulder. For the $300 something price, it doesn't seem too bad, not a looker, but he wants it for home defense, I think it'll be good for that, as long as he ACTUALLY cleans it...

I liked the sights on it actually, but then again, I'm partial to peep-sights. It's fairly light, and easy to shoulder. I liked it, I'll post again later when I actually shoot it. The magazine seems sort of cheap, it's plastic, and you have to slam it to get it into the carbine, but that might be because it's fairly new.

I have the 9mm carbine. They are ugly but mine is utterly reliable (with factory magazines) clean or dirty and reasonably accurate (about 5" group at 100 yds with just about any 9mm ammo). I don't think it will survive abuse like a AR or AK without breaking something. I got mine for under $200 when they were that prce several years ago

My brother had the 9mm carbine. It shot well until it was dirty. It was a pia to take apart and clean, so he just filled it with gun scrubber and was gtg for another couple hundred rounds. He sold it off after about a year. I fired it a few times, ran ok, a bit clunky, its no cx4.

The factory said just spray and clean without field s tripping. After couple of thousand rounds manual says send to the factory for a free tuneup whre they will replace any worn part for free and s end it back with a free magazine.

i have the 9mm c9 took it to the steel match got a bunch of good laughs with everyone. the gun just kept going it did its job. probably put 180 rounds through it that day. if you would like to try it out let me know .

Thanks for all the input guys!

Still a mixed bag of reviews, but enough good reviews to warrant considering one.

I have three PP's to burn, and really only have two particular guns I want. I figured a Hi-Point could use up the extra one instead of having it go to waste. Thinking either the 9mm since I am getting a SR9 and it would be less ammo to stock up on - or the .45 ACP, just to have a .45.

Too bad these guys don't make a $130 .22 auto loading pistol - it'd be a no brainer!

Cheyenne is listed as an authorized dealer. I need to stop in and see one "in person" for sure.

Still a mixed bag of reviews, but enough good reviews to warrant considering one.

I have three PP's to burn, and really only have two particular guns I want. I figured a Hi-Point could use up the extra one instead of having it go to waste. Thinking either the 9mm since I am getting a SR9 and it would be less ammo to stock up on - or the .45 ACP, just to have a .45.

Too bad these guys don't make a $130 .22 auto loading pistol - it'd be a no brainer!

Cheyenne is listed as an authorized dealer. I need to stop in and see one "in person" for sure.

I have said it before, if we didn't have this stupid P2P system and OGAM I would have bought 1 of each caliber handgun they have, just to have them. :icon_mrgreen:

they are a bit high i got mine from shoreshot

I have said it before, if we didn't have this stupid P2P system and OGAM I would have bought 1 of each caliber handgun they have, just to have them. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm 1000% with you there!

The frustrating P2P system and unconstitutional OGAM rules have hurt both business and the general public. It hasn't stopped criminals from obtaining firearms ("criminals" generally don't follow the law) and it hinders law abiding citizens from exercising their constitutional rights. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here)

they are a bit high i got mine from shoreshot

Did you pay more than MSRP? Even list price isn't bad, all things considered.

Some of the internet prices are really low, but when you consider FFL transfer fees I figured it would be best to buy from a NJ dealer. When you get into a gun that costs several hundred bucks, those FFL transfer fees are less of an issue but when a gun lists for $149 (.380 ACP) the FFL fee is a large percentage of that purchase.

The used ones should be selling for much less. The pawn shop here was selling a used High Point 9 mm for $109 I almost bought it but settled on the 45 acp new instead. I think its better to buy locally, especially if the gun is only $100 to $150.

I have a 995 9mm carbine. It hardly ever jams and I never clean it, plus they all come with a lifetime warranty.

It is ugly but ATI makes a stock for them and you can buy the new TS stock for your old one right from hi point. I recently swapped out my ATI stock for the TS one.

Another 4595 carbine owner here. I've been using it to teach my son to shoot as he thinks he's "graduated" from the .22. I had to use up just about all my left deviation as there's a slight cant on the front sight post. Not enough of an issue to send it back. I'll probably mount a red dot optic on it at some point anyway. Anyway I've put almost 1k rounds of various 45 ball ammo to include steel cased and it hasn't jammed at all. Pretty accurate once you get used to the 45 trajectory at anything over 50 yards. Oh and I think I've cleaned it twice. I'm surprised to hear that the mags are polymer. I got mine last year and the mags are steel with plastic base plates. I picked up extra mags at impact guns and those are steel also.

I'll never purchase guns based on price point. I purchase guns based on reliability, functionality, and comfort, then I find what's in my price range that fits those categories. I'd much rather save up and buy one S&W MP series pistol that fits my hands, than buy all three Hi-Points in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45acp. Reliable or not, that automatically rules out the entire Hi-Point line of firearms.

Ok, I took the 995TS to the range yesterday and I was impressed. I'm no expert but it was pretty accurate at 25 yrds. I was able to get every round within the 8 inch target stickers which for me (a first time rifle shooter) was amazing. It's very solid and only weighs about 6.5 lbs. I shot 100 rounds with 4 mags and didn't have any jamming or misfire issues. I know you can buy more expensive but for $250 this was a damn good investment. I like it.