deadeye74

Updated CCW Petition from NJ2AS

Not a fan of change.org

I hate the emails I get from them and I disagree with almost everything they are about.

Agreed. There is not one single thing they have emailed me about that I agree with other than our CCW petition.

Now over 10,000!!! Good job everyone.

That's good, but I think they want to get to 12K or more just because many of the signatures are from other states that the people are supporting our rights. but will see how it plays out.

Not a fan of change.org

I hate the emails I get from them and I disagree with almost everything they are about.

I do agree with you on that Ray, but I still signed the one for CCW being I support that one.

Just got an email from change.org, the email was from Travon's mom. Yeah, I don't like this website.

You know at the bottom of the email, there is a link that says UNSUBSCRIBE, you click that and you don't receive anymore bs emails. :)

You know at the bottom of the email, there is a link that says UNSUBSCRIBE, you click that and you don't receive anymore bs emails. :)

Really? Thanks John. I just never bothered to read that far into them. I will now.

Just got an email from change.org, the email was from Travon's mom. Yeah, I don't like this website.

Man I saw this email and wrote them a very 'friendly' email afterwards.. That was angering when I saw that email. Maybe they should send out the link to our NJ CCW petition to all NJ participants of change.org :huh:

15,000 isn't much considering the number of people that live in NJ. We have to get people that don't use the Internet and support CCW to sign the petition. Maybe someone can hang out at their range with an iPad and see if they can drum up some signatures.

This must be a registry. When I originally signed, the target was 5,000 signatures. Then when I checked sometime later the target was 7500, then 10000 now someone said 15000. The site seems very left leaning... I've become very "concerned" over sites called "change.org, social change, etc" or similar. Maybe it's me, but I'd research it more.

Looks at their "about" page and read it carefully:

About

Just part of it:

Every day, across the world, people like you start campaigns on Change.org to fight for issues they care about — and the Change.org team works to mobilize people to help them win.

We believe that building momentum for social change globally means empowering citizen activists locally. That's why anyone, anywhere — from Chicago to Cape Town – can start their own grassroots campaign for change using our organizing platform.

Your campaign can be about anything. From supporting curbside recycling programs to fighting wrongful deportation to protecting against anti-gay bullying, Change.org members start campaigns around thousands of different issues. To start your own campaign, just click here.

Our mission is to build an international network of people empowered to fight for what's right locally, nationally, and globally. We hope you'll join us.