deadeye74

Updated CCW Petition from NJ2AS

signed.

how about a petition to repeal the AWB? Or at least change it to get rid of the "evil features" and mag capacity restrictions?

Separate subject as you already know and probably best to just keep each and every issue separate from one another. I think petitions for each and every grip would be a good thing. Only problem I see is I think there are 8.8 Million people in NJ and with under 10K in people signing this petition, well how much weight do you really think that's going to carry. Not giving up and both my Wife and I have signed the petition, but if you were looking at the numbers, would you think this was a hot topic and one as a political would pay that much attention to if that politician wasn't pro 2A??

Only problem I see is I think there are 8.8 Million people in NJ and with under 10K in people signing this petition, well how much weight do you really think that's going to carry. Not giving up and both my Wife and I have signed the petition, but if you were looking at the numbers, would you think this was a hot topic and one as a political would pay that much attention to if that politician wasn't pro 2A??

debbie-downer.jpg

Positive thoughts only

• Like 1

Positive thoughts only

Oh I agree, I am in this and will continue to fight and do what I can for the long run, however maybe some reading what I wrote will say hey, we don't have the numbers we would should with the number of firearms owners on NJ. Maybe some of them will post this to more Friends and family and tell each of them to pass it forward. Numbers and impact are the only thing that going to get people to take notice.

I am going to assume that NJ2AS will be handling the petition once it reaches 10K.

In regards to the prior post about only being 10K out of 8 million, 10K people is no number to sneeze at. Even if it's only constant nipping at the ankles of the giant, eventually the giant will fall.

I don't know if it exists or not, but if there was a hard paper copy of the petition circulating, it would probably generate over 10K signatures. Many people that are pro 2A like hunters, collectors, etc. are not necessarily computer type people. Unfortunately, there are also types out there who won't sign a petition because they fear it will some how flag them on a "secret list" of some sort and come back to haunt them. All we can do is press on. Even if we are constantly smacked down, there will be no chance of changing everything if we just give up.

It looks like the change.org petition is no longer effective (see text in red, below). I received the following email from NJ2AS:

*** CARRY CAMPAIGN CONTINUES ***

PLEASE CONTINUE TO GET PEOPLE TO SIGN THE PETITION IN ADDITION TO THE FOLLOWING - *BOTH* METHODS ARE IMPORTANT! THE PETITION IS THE ONLY WAY FOR *US* TO KEEP TRACK OF THE NUMBERS!!!!

I realize I ask an awful lot of our Society members. There is a reason. The right to keep and bear arms (RKBA), has been *DENIED* for *SO* LONG in New Jersey that restoring and preserving RKBA will not be an easy task without everyone's help. That is why I keep going "back to the well" and asking you to dig deeper - NOPE - NOT MONEY! Believe it or not, I am not doing fund raising. I JUST want you to help me get our RIGHT BACK!

So please read on and bear with me, and TOGETHER we will win back our RIGHTS!

OK - HERE IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT:

The brighter members of the law and Public Safety Committees have figured out how to filter out the barrage of emails that are flowing as a result of our petition. We must CHANGE OUR STRATEGY!

The reason they are able to filter out our messages from the Petition is - THEY ARE ALL SENT WITH THE *SAME* SUBJECT LINE!!! There is no way for me to change the behavior of the Change.org petition website.

HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO! - The same as before. we will have to make calls, send emails, faxes, SNAIL MAIL (*VERY EFFECTIVE BTW) and make personal visits. DO NOT USE THE SUBJECT LINE "CCW" RIGHT TO CARRY" or any other easily filtered subject, Make up your own. *THOSE* will get through, as will FAXES, SNALI MAIL and of course in person visits.

I *KNOW IT IS MORE WORK THIS WAY! You will have to ask YOURSELF if you think it is worth it. Unfortunately, we will have to use the petition in a different way now that they have figured it out. We will have to PRINT EACH ONE OUT AND HAND DELIVER THEM. I am working that out now. It is a logistical nightmare, but we will handle it. In the meantime I am asking you to BE HEARD!

Below is the contact information for members of the Law & Public Safety Committees of both the Assembly and the Senate. Some of them are our friends and some are not. It doesn't matter which are which because our strategy works either way. VOX POPULI "The VOICE of the PEOPLE"!!! It can't be ignored. We can only succeed if we PERSIST! That is up to EACH ONE OF US.

*PLEASE BE POLITE* Explain that you are writing/calling/faxing/ showing up to support the "Citizens Protection Act" Remember, DON'T put that in the SUBJECT - be CREATIVE! If you have any questions about this approach, please email or message me. WE CAN *STILL* DO THIS. It is just going to take a little more effort than just typing in our email addresses into a petition, but we all know it is WORTH IT!

If you would like something you can copy and paste into an email or FAX - try this:

"Dear Legislator,

The "Citizens' Protection Act" (A1493 and S269) has been languishing for years without ever being considered. We call upon you to hold a public hearing on the merit of these bill as soon as possible. It is critical to the safety and welfare of your constituents that they be provided with the opportunity to defend themselves and their families from harm wherever they happen to be.

Thank you"

Christopher Bateman (908) 526-3600 [email protected]

Nicholas Sacco (201) 295-0200 [email protected]

Donald Norcross (856) 547-4800 [email protected] FAX (856) 547-5496

Linda Greenstein (609) 395-9911 [email protected] FAX 609) 395-9032

James Holzapfel (732) 840-9028 [email protected]

Gilbert Wilson (856) 547-4800 [email protected] FAX (856) 547-5496

David Rible (732) 974-0400 [email protected] FAX (732) 974-2564

Nelson Albano (609) 465-0700 [email protected] FAX (609) 465-4578

Charles Mainor (201) 536-7851 [email protected] FAX (201) 536-7854

David Benson (609) 631-0198 [email protected] FAX (609) 631-0324

Sean Connors (201) 795-9190 [email protected]

Joseph Cryan (908) 624-0880 [email protected] FAX 908) 624-0587

Sean Kean (732) 974-0400 [email protected] FAX (732) 974-2564

Gregory McGuckin (732) 840-9028 [email protected]

Erik Peterson (908) 238-0251 [email protected] FAX (908) 238-0256

Bonnie Coleman (609) 292-0500 [email protected] FAX (609) 633-2179

As always - *THANK YOU*!!!!

Frank Jack Fiamingo

Actually, the petition is still EXTREMELY relevant - please read the text in RED

*** CARRY CAMPAIGN CONTINUES ***

PLEASE CONTINUE TO GET PEOPLE TO SIGN THE PETITION IN ADDITION TO THE FOLLOWING - *BOTH* METHODS ARE IMPORTANT! THE PETITION IS THE ONLY WAY FOR *US* TO KEEP TRACK OF THE NUMBERS!!!!

I realize I ask an awful lot of our Society members. There is a reason. The right to keep and bear arms (RKBA), has been *DENIED* for *SO* LONG in New Jersey that restoring and preserving RKBA will not be an easy task without everyone's help. That is why I keep going "back to the well" and asking you to dig deeper - NOPE - NOT MONEY! Believe it or not, I am not doing fund raising. I JUST want you to help me get our RIGHT BACK!

So please read on and bear with me, and TOGETHER we will win back our RIGHTS!

The same as before. we will have to make calls, send emails, faxes, SNAIL MAIL (*VERY EFFECTIVE BTW) and make personal visits. DO NOT USE THE SUBJECT LINE "CCW" RIGHT TO CARRY" or any other easily filtered subject, Make up your own. *THOSE* will get through, as will FAXES, SNALI MAIL and of course in person visits.

I *KNOW IT IS MORE WORK THIS WAY! You will have to ask YOURSELF if you think it is worth it. Unfortunately, we will have to use the petition in a different way now that they have figured it out. We will have to PRINT EACH ONE OUT AND HAND DELIVER THEM. I am working that out now. It is a logistical nightmare, but we will handle it. In the meantime I am asking you to BE HEARD!

Below is the contact information for members of the Law & Public Safety Committees of both the Assembly and the Senate. Some of them are our friends and some are not. It doesn't matter which are which because our strategy works either way. VOX POPULI "The VOICE of the PEOPLE"!!! It can't be ignored. We can only succeed if we PERSIST! That is up to EACH ONE OF US.

*PLEASE BE POLITE* Explain that you are writing/calling/faxing/ showing up to support the "Citizens Protection Act" Remember, DON'T put that in the SUBJECT - be CREATIVE! If you have any questions about this approach, please email or message me. WE CAN *STILL* DO THIS. It is just going to take a little more effort than just typing in our email addresses into a petition, but we all know it is WORTH IT!

If you would like something you can copy and paste into an email or FAX - try this:

"Dear Legislator,

The "Citizens' Protection Act" (A1493 and S269) has been languishing for years without ever being considered. We call upon you to hold a public hearing on the merit of these bill as soon as possible. It is critical to the safety and welfare of your constituents that they be provided with the opportunity to defend themselves and their families from harm wherever they happen to be.

Thank you"

Christopher Bateman (908) 526-3600 [email protected]

Nicholas Sacco (201) 295-0200 [email protected]

Donald Norcross (856) 547-4800 [email protected] FAX (856) 547-5496

Linda Greenstein (609) 395-9911 [email protected] FAX 609) 395-9032

James Holzapfel (732) 840-9028 [email protected]

Gilbert Wilson (856) 547-4800 [email protected] FAX (856) 547-5496

David Rible (732) 974-0400 [email protected] FAX (732) 974-2564

Nelson Albano (609) 465-0700 [email protected] FAX (609) 465-4578

Charles Mainor (201) 536-7851 [email protected] FAX (201) 536-7854

David Benson (609) 631-0198 [email protected] FAX (609) 631-0324

Sean Connors (201) 795-9190 [email protected]

Joseph Cryan (908) 624-0880 [email protected] FAX 908) 624-0587

Sean Kean (732) 974-0400 [email protected] FAX (732) 974-2564

Gregory McGuckin (732) 840-9028 [email protected]

Erik Peterson (908) 238-0251 [email protected] FAX (908) 238-0256

Bonnie Coleman (609) 292-0500 [email protected] FAX (609) 633-2179

As always - *THANK YOU*!!!!

Frank Jack Fiamingo

Why aren't Gun Shops and Ranges circulating any of these petitions? They stand to benefit from them as much as anyone. (just curious.)

I recall such a written petition back in the 90's floating around in gun shops when Christine Whitman was governor. A perfect opportunity then because there was a Republican controlled executive and legislative branch. One-party control is often times helpful. It didn't go far. Nor did the Coalition of New Jersey Sportsmen v. Whitman, 44 F. Supp. 2d 666, gather any steam. This sought to overturn New Jersey's ban on assault weapons on the grounds of vagueness, free speech, and equal protection.

RINO Whitman chastised the Republicans in the Senate in her blog in 2009 when they introduced the national concealed carry bill. Her commentary; "Instead of focusing on issues that appeal to a minority of voters, we should focus on the core conservative principles of limited government that have served our Party well and made our country great."

I recall such a written petition back in the 90's floating around in gun shops when Christine Whitman was governor. A perfect opportunity then because there was a Republican controlled executive and legislative branch. One-party control is often times helpful. It didn't go far. Nor did the Coalition of New Jersey Sportsmen v. Whitman, 44 F. Supp. 2d 666, gather any steam. This sought to overturn New Jersey's ban on assault weapons on the grounds of vagueness, free speech, and equal protection.

RINO Whitman chastised the Republicans in the Senate in her blog in 2009 when they introduced the national concealed carry bill. Her commentary; "Instead of focusing on issues that appeal to a minority of voters, we should focus on the core conservative principles of limited government that have served our Party well and made our country great."

Actually the BEST shot to overturn the AWB was well before that when Florio was still in office. It was supposed to be and override of the Governor. The Assembly passed their part and the Senate was set to do the same but Senate President Donald DiFrancesco didn’t put it to a vote and which killed any chance for an override. It was obvious someone got to Donny Boy and yes Whitman was no better. IMO circulating the petitions in Gun Shops and Ranges sounds like a excellent idea.

Signed. Both my wife and I. Up to 8155. So what actually happens when it reaches 10,000? Does it get presented to government then? If so, to who?

The plan is to have the petition printed out as many times as their are valid signatures. One copy each for AT LEAST the Governor, the Assembly, the Senate, and the Law & Public Safety committee of each house. The NJ2AS will deliver the PALLET of paper to the state house steps and call a press conference. ANYONE who is willing to stand with us is invited to be mentioned as a co-sponsor. Certainly, I plan to say that NJ Gun Forums members helped to make the petition a success. One small caveat. I downloaded the list today and there are almost 2000 non-NJ signatures. That is not a problem. It is nice to have the support of those in the FREE states who sympathize with our plight. HOWEVER, I think it is important that we are able to deliver AT LEAST 10,00 valid new Jersey signatures. So please keep promoting this petition on your websites, Facebook Pages, Twitter accounts (whatever that is - yeah I am old), and anywhere else you believe we can encourage people to sign. We still have a way to go, but we can easily accomplish this if everyone helps.

You have to admit, it will be a statement. Thank you all for helping to make this a success.

• Like 2

The NJ2AS will deliver the PALLET of paper to the state house steps and call a press conference. You have to admit, it will be a statement. Thank you all for helping to make this a success.

Love it!!! :asciidity: