Philevon

Got another permit to burn. Help me decide.

Hey guys. Relatively new here but have been shooting for about 10 yrs. As far as pistols I already have an HK USP 45, SW M&P 9mm, Ruger Charger 22, Walther P22 and a Kimber Custom II 45. I don't have have any revolvers and not opposed to them. Maybe another 9mm? The PPQ looks nice. I have no idea which way to go so I'm looking for ideas. I don't wanna let a permit go to waste.

A Glock 21 or Glock 36 are the only choices as it must be a real mans caliber!!! Which you go for depends if you are looking to carry or not. Once you've succumbed to the Glock spell you'll never use any of your non Glock Firearms again.

TheWombat

I think everyone should have at least one gun from every manufacturer. Its the American way. I would vote Glock of course, for

1. Price-comparable to other Polymer Pistols

2. Weight-Light and quick pointing

3. Magazine capacity-15 Rounds in Glock 19 or 13 rounds of .40 in the Glock 23 or 15 rounds in the Glock 22

4. Simple to use and consistent trigger. Point and shoot. Not grip/slide safeties.

5. Magazines are cheaper than most and abundant.

Wow, lots of replies already, thanks guys. I have shot several different Glock models but I have not felt comfortable with them. I was also told that Glocks just aren't for everyone. I have thought about a 357 revolver but don't know much about them. The ones I looked at are basically the most talked about ones. The Ruger GP100 and the SW 686. As far as what I'm going to do with it...HD and range gun. Nothing crazy for competitions and such. I just have no idea on what to go for. I could go for anything from a 22 up to a 45. Semi or revolver. Thanks again.

Get a GP100 or if you really want something awesome, an older Speed Six... in .357

Or...

Get a S&W 617, or maybe the new S&W kit .22LR revolver, or the Ruger SP101 in .22LR.

You also might need a CZ 75B or some kind of Beretta.

well since you already have 2 45s i would suggest maybe going for another 9mm. usp is more than reliable enough for HD. nothing worse than having a bunch of guns that cost a fortune to shoot. I tend to like the springfield xdms better than glocks. they are more comfortable to me, they are just as reliable if not more reliable, and they have a grip angle similar to a 1911. I was looking into the the ppq myself a few months ago. very nice gun. Only thing that stopped me from getting it was the mag release. thats something i couldnt get past. pretty sure the p22 is same way so that might not bother you.

i would say do an XDM.

could never go wrong with a 357 magnum too though. if you didnt know, a 357 magnum can also shoot 38 special rounds. 357 magnum is good for home defense and the 38 special rounds are cheaper for range shooting