Sign in to follow this  
bbk

US release for "Tomorrow When the War Began" finally!

For those of you familiar with this production, this movie has been around for quite some time now-- having been released back in 2010 in its native Australia.

The movie finally has been given a US release of February 24, 2012 (next week from this Friday), though it will have a somewhat irregular release. It will not be in theaters, but available via YouTube, Facebook, and some other mediums.

Most of the hardcore have probably already seen this, as US format copies (specifically Blu-Ray I believe) have finally found their way over to the States. However, for those not familiar with this film, it is essentially a new take on the classic 'Red Dawn', except with Australia being the new backdrop, and a far more eclectic group. With that said, 'Tomorrow When the War Began' is based on the novels by John Marsden, and not an inspired remake of 'Red Dawn'.

PS- Speaking of 'Red Dawn', I had heard rumblings that the remake featuring Chris Hemsworth (Thor) was going to finally get a 2012 release date, but haven't heard anything official since. Unfortunate news, and a complete waste of my anticipation.

On a somewhat related note, and by that I mean related only due to fact we are talking about movies, and Australian ones at that, why is it that every Australian film I see are depressing and sad as fugg?

I recently saw 'The Square' and 'Animal Kingdom' and both films, while very good, were terribly depressing. Are all Aussie movies like this?

So sad about Red Dawn II... I would have like to see them link the Chinese as the enemy rather then the N. Koreans. The sensationalism over the original Red Dawn is that America perceived a Russian invasion as a cold war threat (albeit a long shot)

Here we have the Chinese in the same position Russia was in 30 yrs later and the film makers change the invaders (originally Chinese) to N. Koreans. Scary to see what a bunch of pussies we've become that they change something like that to bend over and not make the chinese look too scary. Changes like that make me think the movie wont hold a candle to the original .

Now onto the new(ish) movie. Looking forward to seeing it = )

The rumor behind the change regarding Red Dawn with the Chinese antagonists being morphed into N. Koreans is because MGM was saved from going under because of Chinese buyers (who own a good stake in the company now). Whether or not it's true, it is pretty spineless on MGM's part.

This is actually avilible to watch right now if you have verizon fios on demand. I watched some of it but fell alseep. Ill give it another go tommorow. Seems ok so far.

Watched this the other night. Not too bad. Basically it's Australia's Red Dawn. Some good action and it was totally left open for a sequel. The girl who plays the main character Ellie, Caitlin Stasey is her real name, is pretty damn hot, definitely worth watching the movie.

Sign in to follow this