Zell959

Somerset IDPA this weekend?

I've NEVER gotten a reply to any of my emails...that being said, Cam ran the practice on Wednesday instead of Tom. Maybe he's out of town?

Normally? So you just show up?

That didn't work for me my first time. I know running through the setup and safety with a newb is time consuming, but I'd want confirmation that I'm on the list before I plan my day.

Tom has been on vacation but the match is still on for Sunday. See you all there!

EDIT- If you have never emailed Tom for a spot and then failed to show up, he will try very hard to get you a spot. I wouldn't worry.

It was a good day. Tom puts together some interesting scenarios that can trip you up if you go on automatic pilot and forget the order. And as a bonus, every scenario was set on a caribbean island.

Really, thanks to all the SO's for putting in the effort. For my second time, it was really relaxed and fun.

Before the scores actually come out, I want to congrtaulate vjf915 for an outstanding performance today. He is classified a Marksman in SSP, but I think he shot that Ruger well enough to have possibly finished first overall - not just in division, but overall. If not, I know he has to be in the top 5. He shot consistently fast and well and only dropped a total of 3 points (1.5 seconds) the entire match. It was one of those "Perfect Storms" for Victor. Congrats on some fine shooting.

Nice not to be the only revolver shooter today - there were a total of 5 of us today. 3 in ESR and 2 in SSR. Short, simple interesting stages that required you to keep your head in the game.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Before the scores actually come out, I want to congrtaulate vjf915 for an outstanding performance today. He is classified a Marksman in SSP, but I think he shot that Ruger well enough to have possibly finished first overall - not just in division, but overall. If not, I know he has to be in the top 5. He shot consistently fast and well and only dropped a total of 3 points (1.5 seconds) the entire match. It was one of those "Perfect Storms" for Victor. Congrats on some fine shooting.

Sandbagger :D

Today was procedurals day for me - accidentally re-engaged a target from the other side, and accidentally double-tapped when I was supposed to do 1-2-1

I managed to avoid procedurals, non-threats, and failure to neutralize. I need to wear my NJGF shirt next time so you guys can come say hello. I recognized some of the faces but I haven't shot idpa in a while so I can't remember who's who. :p

Second in my class and I finally edged out Nick. :D

Victor is not one to toot his own horn, but I am, so I'll do so by saying I was correct, Victor finished in the top 5. Number three to be specific and the only two scores that beat him were shot by Master Class shooters. One hell of a performance Vic.

Of course we expect the same high performance weekend after next at Shongum - no pressure here.

Congrats again.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Of course we expect the same high performance weekend after next at Shongum - no pressure here.

Congrats again.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks Bob. Although I seem to do better at IDPA than USPSA, so I can't make any promises for Shongum.