jcpg

1k to spend what to get

As a new firearms enthusiast I'm trying to guage my next purchases wisely. I currently own a Sig P226 and would like two more firearms in the stable. My question is for what.

For 1k I can get

-STI Spartan/Sig SP2022

Or

Zastava PAP/Mossberg 590 tactical

I know these are completely different in all aspects, but as a new shooter I just don't want to limit myself to one style of shooting. I love my 226 and I don't feel a need to get used to any other pistol triggers at the moment. On the other hand I do feel as though every shooter should at least have one 1911. The SP2022 solves the trigger problem by keeping it in the same style and family of my 226. I do like the idea of owning an inexpensive AK variant, but can't find anything reasonable in an AR that would be decent in this price range (M&P sport perhaps). The mossberg would be my primary hd and clay shooting tool. I'd appreciate any input from anyone who owns any of these weapons or has a similar liking to my options. No revolvers please. Thanks.

Thanks all. I already put a down payment for the Zastava, but I will be taking some type of NRA pistol training to fulfill the Forida CCW requirements. Maybe I'll just get the Zastava and the SP2022 since the shotgun will not be put to use until mid summer. My 226 has way too much bling for CCW and with the Zastava I'll be frequenting Heritage guild Easton quite often. I just hope I don't have too much headache with PAP FTF issues.

It's the one on my Avatar :)

86380747.jpg

Pretty !

On my list for 2012.

I shoot at the Heritage Guild and EFGA often , love to see that PAP sometimes.

Look into the Moss combo`s for a shotgun , Dick`s and Cabela`s have them on sale often for 350$

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=11

Ooh platinum elite model?

It's a platinum wannabe. Just a 2 tone w/ hogue aluminum grips. For some reason i still want a platinum despite this looking very identical.

Pretty !

On my list for 2012.

I shoot at the Heritage Guild and EFGA often , love to see that PAP sometimes.

Yah man I try to make it out to heritage just because Walmart is so close and Federal Champion 9mm is just shy of 11 bux per box. Maybe in another week I'll meet u there.

I'm still on the fence for gun number 2. I'm pretty sure the shotgun won't be used very often. I'm kind of hoping the KSG would get cheaper and more available soon. These crazy posts of spartan price wars just makes me want it more.

I'd base your purchase off of where it is most convenient for you to shoot. If you don't have access to a range where you can actually use a shotgun/rifle(23yards indoors doesn't count), go with another pistol.