Rodrigo

I need help finding a shooting range

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I need some help

I started shooting clays a few months back in Thunder Mountain in Ringwood and quickly got addicted to it. I finally got my FPID last week and I want to find a range close to me.

Next week I will be buying my first rifle (smith and wesson m&p 15) and a shotgun (Remington 887) but unfortunately my search for a decent range close to me isn't going well.

Can someone point me in the right direction to the best ranges in the area? I live in Ridgewood NJ so anything up north jersey is in consideration

Thanks

Welcome and howdy neighbor, Im in Mid Pk. What do you consider decent & close? The closest outdoor range to fire those things is Cherry Ridge about 45 mins from us out off Rt 23 Highland Lks, Sussex cnty As far as indoor ranges I dont hit them much and besides whats the fun in shooting those inside? Feel free to PM me for any info but theres PLENTY to look up on this forum.

Hi and Welcome,

Ask if the Ridgewood cops use the Waldwick range to qualify and according to their membership reqirements you can be eligible to join.

The applicant must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Borough of Waldwick or of a member town which regularly utilizes the range to qualify police officers.

http://www.wprc1960.com/membership.html

Hi and Welcome,

Ask if the Ridgewood cops use the Waldwick range to qualify and according to their membership reqirements you can be eligible to join.

The applicant must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Borough of Waldwick or of a member town which regularly utilizes the range to qualify police officers.

http://www.wprc1960....membership.html

If your not a Waldwick resident theres like a 2 yr wait! Besides its handgun calibor and Sat morns.only

Thank you for the quick answers.

Someone told me that there is a small indoor range in Fairlawn NJ... that will be for the ocasional Monday to friday shooting for only $65 a year (membership) Anyone knows this place? i will like to hear from someone since there is no reviews about this place.

siderman thank you for the information. I check online and sent an email to the membership department, they instructed me to go before 9:00am Sunday the 4th for orientation and I should be good to go after that. How do you like that place? people in here seem to be very happy with the range but it never hurts to get more information about it.

Again if there is more ranges close by please let me know

That Fairlawn range is one of what I call a boutique range. Last time i checked i left with a why bother but was a long time ago. These small local ranges tend to have very limited hrs if your not a LEO and can only handle so many people.Also from your original post they arent going to accomodate your 5.56 & 12 guage and are only 25 yds.I have no need for indoor ranges, I prefer shooting outdoors, but I believe a few of the others relatively close- Bullet Hole in Bellevue,.RTSP in Randolph can take some select long/shot guns but again ,25 yds if you just wanna make noise.Kind of silly IMO, others will dis-agree.However if you get into handguns then the indoor ranges are more appetizing.Cherry Ridge offers shooters pretty much anything this side of NJ legal.Dedicated handgun, 100-300 rifle, shotgun( slugs only 100 at rifle range) a clay range, and a22 plinking range. So many ways to show a pc of paper whos boss! However as with any range the weekends can get a bit busy.So I hear : ). CR has Membership Sundays, the first Sun every month. Do the 90 min hr lecture, pays your dues, your in. If you've never been there but it sounds like you want to join, get there extra early on sign up day and take a look around. Or if you can get there otherwise take a look, each area has its own parking .Also if I may, you may want to consider a basic firearms class- can only do you good.

This entry is certainly incorrect.

MULLICA HILL RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB

Last Updated by David on Jan 6, 2010

MULLICA HILL RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB

111 Ward Avenue

Audubon, NJ 08106

(856) 546-5376 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (856) 546-5376 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Thanks , the map was really helpful and helped me find information about the Waldwick indoor range, they accomodate high power rifles and I will be taking the basic firearms class there "if posible" since its free and as siderman mention it wont hurt to get that out of the way. here is part of the information i got directly from them...

"Waldwick Pistol and Rifle Club Inc. is open to the residents of Waldwick, NJ, and on a limited basis, the residents of Allendale, Ramsey, Hohokus, Ridgewood, and Midland Park"

They also pointed me to the Hawthorne gun club which is surprisingly outdoors and they even have a clay range... I got directions to the place and will be heading there on sunday to find out exactly whats the deal and price if any. I will post some pictures next week it may be good who knows.... I'm just getting as much information as I can until the 4th when I will be heading to Cherry Ridge. I will keep you posted as i have more information