Harry, spoke with Nick, you put the round into the ground less than 10 feet away. So at least it was safe. Happens.

Great match, tons of folks, saw a few DQ's, Harry, I feel bad i had to give you the bad news.

Was cold, first stage was classifier, yuck, but warmed up pretty nicely. Got done around 5:15, last 2 stages was getting a bit tired.

I want to thank everyone on the squad, for the life of me, dont want to list names as I will miss someone. =P

Who else DQ? I know ryan did with dropped gun... dont know of others.

I believe there were close to 90 shooters if everyone showed up. 12 walk ons made it.

I forget the name of the guy who dqed in my squad. Was for a 180. Ryans gun dropped and he went for it. We also had Chris from Bullseye Tactical in our squad. He had to leave a stage early though.

yeah, sucks what happened to Ryan. Unfortunately, any dropped gun after the make ready command is a DQ.

This is one of those things where holster choice makes a tad of a difference too I think.

one where it is just a ghost type (DAA, Ghost, Speedsec) verus one with a platform, like Safariland/CR Speed.

Better yet, use a regular carry type holster.

I forget the name of the guy who dqed in my squad. Was for a 180. Ryans gun dropped and he went for it. We also had Chris from Bullseye Tactical in our squad. He had to leave a stage early though.

I was on that squad. Personally I think his DQ for the 180 wasn't called for. Before people go bashing on me for having a personal opinion on the RO's call, from where I was standing (where i got a pretty good view of him shooting), It didnt look like he broke 180 upon re-holster. And like the RO said, the only time it breaks 180 on reholster, is because the holster setup is canted backward. Well thats how his serpa was set up. Also this apparent 180 sweep was done after mag out, gun clear, hammer down. Thats just what I saw at least.

???

Cliff, that does not make sense.

180 violations are for muzzle of gun. For holstering, you have to make sure the muzzle of your gun does not point more than 3 feet behind or in front of you.

In any case, it is quite a serious thing. We cannot be selective in which rules to follow.

Exactly, his gun wasnt pointed behind him. With muzzle downrange, he tilted the open breach towards the RO, after given command to slide forward and drop hammer on a clear chamber, he reholstered as any person would. I didn't see him break 180 while reholstering.

And of course i understand its a serious thing. Thats what keeps all of us safe. The rules and regulations are what makes the game we participate in a safe one. Ultimately its the RO's call, but that was just my opinion thats all.

btw. I had a lot of fun shooting with the guys again. Im not trying to sound like a whiney **** about someone elses DQ.

Exactly, his gun wasnt pointed behind him. With muzzle downrange, he tilted the open breach towards the RO, after given command to slide forward and drop hammer on a clear chamber, he reholstered as any person would. I didn't see him break 180 while reholstering.

And of course i understand its a serious thing. Thats what keeps all of us safe. The rules and regulations are what makes the game we participate in a safe one. Ultimately its the RO's call, but that was just my opinion thats all.

btw. I had a lot of fun shooting with the guys again. Im not trying to sound like a whiney **** about someone elses DQ.

No point speculating, could of been something else. =) But in any case... can't wait for the scores. lol.

I was on that squad. Personally I think his DQ for the 180 wasn't called for. Before people go bashing on me for having a personal opinion on the RO's call, from where I was standing (where i got a pretty good view of him shooting), It didnt look like he broke 180 upon re-holster. And like the RO said, the only time it breaks 180 on reholster, is because the holster setup is canted backward. Well thats how his serpa was set up. Also this apparent 180 sweep was done after mag out, gun clear, hammer down. Thats just what I saw at least.

Behind or in front of you, not to the side. That is why, like I said, you should face the berm, not be turned nearly 90 degrees while holstering. His muzzle was past the 180 a good bit while not facing the backstop, AND he swept my feet with it.

10.5.6 While facing downrange, allowing the muzzle of a loaded handgun to

point uprange beyond a radius of 3 feet from a competitor’s feet while

drawing or re-holstering.

Notice the facing downrange bit? He WASN'T. That's why everyone got lectured about just facing the rear berm when it is load and make ready or hammer down holster. It saves lots of stupid and makes it a lot easier to avoid a DQ. BTW, I don't appreciate armchair quarterbacking by folks who aren't ROs. The RULES are NOT personal opinions. If you want to inject your personal opinions into the RULES, campaign for area director where you get a frikin vote on them. Otherwise it's your job to simply ABIDE by them. I also do not appreciate you implying that the rules are applied at my whim. You think I'm doing a crap job? Attend a damn RO class.

• Like 2

Behind or in front of you, not to the side. That is why, like I said, you should face the berm, not be turned nearly 90 degrees while holstering. His muzzle was past the 180 a good bit while not facing the backstop, AND he swept my feet with it.

10.5.6 While facing downrange, allowing the muzzle of a loaded handgun to

point uprange beyond a radius of 3 feet from a competitor’s feet while

drawing or re-holstering.

Notice the facing downrange bit? He WASN'T. That's why everyone got lectured about just facing the rear berm when it is load and make ready or hammer down holster. It saves lots of stupid and makes it a lot easier to avoid a DQ. BTW, I don't appreciate armchair quarterbacking by folks who aren't ROs. The RULES are NOT personal opinions. If you want to inject your personal opinions into the RULES, campaign for area director where you get a frikin vote on them. Otherwise it's your job to simply ABIDE by them. I also do not appreciate you implying that the rules are applied at my whim. You think I'm doing a crap job? Attend a damn RO class.

Understood. Like I said, it was ultimately your call so my opinion doesnt matter. And yes, if rules were flexible, well then they wouldnt be rules. It was nice shooting with you guys today. Hope to do it again soon. Raz-0, i mean no offense to you.

I didn't feel like freezing this morning, I like to have fun while shooting, maybe when it's 50 in the AM I'll try again.

We did go Trap Shooting in the afternoon, it was beautiful out after lunch!

Harry, I'll try the next match and I'll make you look real good! I think I am classified as a "D" in revolver, D for DUD! :)

It was a fun match. I was a walk on so was not able to squad with anyone I knew.

I nearly got DQ'd in the classifier as well going for a reload. Gun got a little wobbly

but I retained control. One thing I've learned is it is worth taking the extra time to

be clean and smooth and minimize mistakes. I felt like I was rushing the whole day

and my accuracy suffered because of it. Also haven't shot in Old Bridge in a while.

It certainly helps to do these matches regularly.

Good placement Maksim. It's tough to finish that high.

I think I was first in 'D' Class Limited 10 unless Unclassified people count above you

(not sure how that works). If that's the case I'm really happy bout that.

Had a great time yesterday despite the cold. That classifier was tough... I was hoping to catch some of the better shooters to see how they can complete the string in under 7 seconds.

As for DQ's, these happen even to the best shooters. It's how those who get DQ'd handle themselves after the incident. Thanks to Harry and Ryan for sticking around and helping out during the match. Some time ago, I got DQ'd in a indoor match and that's one mistake that I hope I'll never do again. I took that as a valuable learning experience.

BTW, where are the vids??? :nono::haha:

I got 7 shots off on each string of the classifier. I shouldn't have went that fast because my accuracy suffered. Should have slowed down a bit and tried to be a little more accurate. Lesson learned though.

Matt Devries gave me some good pointers afterwards. Things that pertain to tall people with banana hands like me. Thanks for that.

Scores to complicated to read. Fail on me.

If you want to see how you finished overall compared to everyone who shot, you want "pistol finals all divisions"

If you want to see how you finished on a given stage compared to everyone who shot, you want "pistol all divisions" becuase it will list the scores/order for each individual stage.

If you want to see how you did in your division overall (lets say you competed in produciton), you'd look in "pistol finals production"

If you want to see how you did in your division on a given stage, you look in (same assumption) "pistol production"

I got 7 shots off on each string of the classifier. I shouldn't have went that fast because my accuracy suffered. Should have slowed down a bit and tried to be a little more accurate. Lesson learned though.

Matt Devries gave me some good pointers afterwards. Things that pertain to tall people with banana hands like me. Thanks for that.

what's a "banana-hand"?