Col. Mortimer

Does anyone know how to disassemble a Glock 34 10-round mag?

I have no trouble with the 15-round mag for my Glock 24 but the 10-round mags are different. The punch only goes in about a quarter inch and then stops solidly. Are the 10-round mags designed not to be disassembled so that they cannot be modified to high capacity? I checked the videos and they all show the disassembly like I do with the 15-rounders. They say to squeeze the magazine to free the ears? Please, maybe with the all plastic ones but the steel lined? A gorilla couldn't squeeze those and get the mag to bend. I tried tiny wood blocks and a clamp and even that wouldn't squeeze it. The floor plate on the 10-rounder will not budge.

Do you own a vice? THey come off the same way.

Push the base insert tit in with a pin punch and squeeze the mag on the sides. Remove the punch (the insert should stay in) and knock the base off with the punch and a hammer.

Do you own a vice? THey come off the same way.

Push the base insert tit in with a pin punch and squeeze the mag on the sides. Remove the punch (the insert should stay in) and knock the base off with the punch and a hammer.

That little button will not stay in. It does stay in with the 15-rounder. I can push it back as there seems to be some play. Not with the 10-rounders. They seem to have no play and the internal plate will not move up into the magazine body.

I got it. PK90 was right, you need a vice. The 10-round mags have a rib on the sides that prevent the internal plate from being pushed up fully. I have plastic pads for the vise and they squeeze the mag nicely but I had to really crank it down. On that the mag is apart, I will round the corners on the ears a bit to make disassembly a little easier.

PS: Do I own a vice? (In Gilbert Godfried voice) What am I, a homo? Ooooh!

Frank: I used a brass puch that fits the hole better but I bent it a little. It bent back though.

I got it. PK90 was right, you need a vice. The 10-round mags have a rib on the sides that prevent the internal plate from being pushed up fully. I have plastic pads for the vise and they squeeze the mag nicely but I had to really crank it down. On that the mag is apart, I will round the corners on the ears a bit to make disassembly a little easier.

PS: Do I own a vice? (In Gilbert Godfried voice) What am I, a homo? Ooooh!

Frank: I used a brass puch that fits the hole better but I bent it a little. It bent back though.

Wow can't see it needing that much force but glad you got it worked out. Do you have other mags, the reason I ask after taking this one apart and seeing what's different can you now take others apart without needing that much force??

Wow can't see it needing that much force but glad you got it worked out. Do you have other mags, the reason I ask after taking this one apart and seeing what's different can you now take others apart without needing that much force??

My guess is that these are more difficult due to the ridges inside the sides of the magazine. They make the mag stiffer and prevent the internal plate from moving up. PK90 is right. These are a big pain to disassemble the first time. Once I took it apart, I rounded the corners on the tabs on the side of the the bottom of the mag. These tabs lock the external floor in addition to the button on the internal plate. Damn those Austrians and their over engineering! Now that I have a system, the others will be easier but I have to go Frank's house. I need two pairs of hands for the first time I disassemble. One guy holds the in the button and the other taps the external floor plate loose with a punch or wood dowel. Viola!

They get easier. I just cleaned all mine last week and sliced my finger open, using my Glock Armorers Tool. :(

Thanks. It makes me feel better that even a Glock armorer has a hard time with these mags. It seems apparent that since Glocks are designed for law enforcement use, the mags are designed not to come apart, even under extreme conditions.

I got my GTUL today and took every 10-rounder apart. The trick is to squeeze the GTUL while you work the brush tool side to side and get it to slip past the inner plate. Once the punch part of the tool is all the way in, use it as a level and push the handle forward. The plate will pop forward with an audible click. Squeeze the GTUL and use the brush tool to push the outer plate all the way off. Once the mag is apart, I use a utility knife to round on corners on the plate and the ears on the mag. The parts still go together tightly and the plate is not coming off unless you want it to.

I got my GTUL today and took every 10-rounder apart. The trick is to squeeze the GTUL while you work the brush tool side to side and get it to slip past the inner plate. Once the punch part of the tool is all the way in, use it as a level and push the handle forward. The plate will pop forward with an audible click. Squeeze the GTUL and use the brush tool to push the outer plate all the way off. Once the mag is apart, I use a utility knife to round on corners on the plate and the ears on the mag. The parts still go together tightly and the plate is not coming off unless you want it to.

Good Deal! "pocket Knife"?? You're messing with GLOCK Perfection....

Good Deal! "pocket Knife"?? You're messing with GLOCK Perfection....

Piffttt! Looks who's talking. Let's see your Glocks and we'll see who's messimg with "Glock Perfection." I put a Ghost Rocket in my 34 on Sunday. It needs a bit more adjustment and Dawson sights. Then we're closer to perfection.

Piffttt! Looks who's talking. Let's see your Glocks and we'll see who's messimg with "Glock Perfection." I put a Ghost Rocket in my 34 on Sunday. It needs a bit more adjustment and Dawson sights. Then we're closer to perfection.

The connector with the little tit you have to file/grind to eliminate over travel? :wild:

Let's talk....

regarding the 10 rd g34 mags. I have a hard time getting the 9th &10th round in every time into the mags. Any way to fix/adjust this. Ive had this for 2 years, the springs have to be broken in by now

Get an UpLULA.