SpacemanFry

9mm 1911

IMO all 1911 are beautiful from the original Colts to a RIA 1911. I love em all. I just went with Kimber, because thats what I wanted. I would love a Colt or SA Range Officer.

If I can afford it, I'd like to have one in every "flavor". That's the nice thing about 1911's, though. There are so many makers out there right now that you can pretty much get it how you want it... even in pink :)

BTW, if you told me 20 years ago that S&W was going to make a 1911 (a good one at that), I'd be saying that it's "never gonna happen"... I'd be eating crow right now.

If I can afford it, I'd like to have one in every "flavor". That's the nice thing about 1911's, though. There are so many makers out there right now that you can pretty much get it how you want it... even in pink :)

BTW, if you told me 20 years ago that S&W was going to make a 1911 (a good one at that), I'd be saying that it's "never gonna happen"... I'd be eating crow right now.

lol!

What do you want to do with the gun? Target, SD/HD, Gaming??

If gaming weight the differences between Minor and Major 8 shots vs 10 etc..

I bring this up being there was just a similar conversation in another thread and I'm also interested in see what people think. Plus I know I would like to get one that fits the bill for me (Gaming) but will probably get 1 in each caliber anyway but would rather get the better of the 2 first.

Primarily want a good 1911 in a caliber I already shoot quite a bit. I will definitely get a .45 1911 and other varieties as well. Gaming is a consideration, but since I'm just starting I'll worry about practice first and about major vs minor and optimizing my gaming later.

I have a first gen kimber gold match, and I would not buy another. I fell for the kimber advertising of these semi-production/custom pistols, and it was overpriced even 12+ years ago. My brother just picked up a Sig 1911, and its much better made and tighter than my alleged hand-fitted kimber. I have not had any problems with my kimber and would not sell it (mostly as its more than paid off after this time), but its the feeling in the back of your head that you didnt get what you paid for and was ripped.

I am torn between a RIA , spartan or a Taurus.

I have a Taurus PT1911 9mm. Shoots very nice. My only complaint was when the gun was brand new. Taurus had a ton of grease under the slide when I took it apart once I got it home. Took a boat load of cleaning to get her all pretty for the range. It likes 124g ammo best. I will try to put up a picture for you.

That S&W 9mm 1911 is just overpriced. I would get the Springfield 9mm 1911

And then spend an additional $200 to $300 getting it to run and/or shoot accurately.

(Ray, I figured this was OK, since you already came out on the side of S&W)

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

And then spend an additional $200 to $300 getting it to run and/or shoot accurately.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Don't get me wrong, I love S&W revolvers :-) If you check out the 1911 forum those old guys complain about every make & manufacturer... They do put more XOXO in their performance & pro series.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

or send it back to the factory a few times, and still never get it running correctly, and eventually just have to sell it. Which is what happened with me.

I already have a 1911 in .38 super and .45. I feel obligated to have one in 9mm just so one in most calibers. I just want an inexpensive one to shoot inexpensive ammo. I like the STI but I feel like I should if I get an STI it should be a better one. Not a base model. I love the lawman 5. Leaning towards an All blued Taurus. Then I will have a blinged out Taurus and a shooter Taurus.

Soooo... once you shoot a good 1911 how do people go back to shooting other triggers? Not to sound like a tool, but after shooting the SW1911 last night for a while the triggers on my other guns felt like complete sh*t and frustrated me (accuracy suffered). I think I need to make sure I shoot the other stuff first and probably practice more all around.

Soooo... once you shoot a good 1911 how do people go back to shooting other triggers? Not to sound like a tool, but after shooting the SW1911 last night for a while the triggers on my other guns felt like complete sh*t and frustrated me (accuracy suffered). I think I need to make sure I shoot the other stuff first and probably practice more all around.

Not much you can do their except, A Trigger Job...

I know exactly what you mean spaceman. That pro series, and I'm sure many other quality 1911 style guns have an ability to instantly bench the rest of your HG collection. I've experienced this myself.

Took my friend shooting, brought my sw1911 and a glock. Only his second time shooting. He was all over the glock because its tacticool black, in the movies, etc.... He wasn't interested in the 1911 at all. Then I made him shoot it. I watched how instantly he didn't even want to shoot the glock any more, and I got stuck with it for the rest of the session. lol