SW99

These first build threads never get old... LOL

Just got my first piece of the puzzle today.

DPMS Stripped Lower from the Bullet Hole in Belleville for 128.40 out the door.

At this point no one in Jersey has stock on a lower part kit so I will be ordering it online.

Whats everyone out there using?

Im not not 100% on the color I want yet overall, thinking maybe sand or just keeping everything black.

Lower completed. Got a DSA LPK at First Line Tactical in Jersey City. Dave was super cool and took the time to show me around and explain everything.

3/20 Update:

PMAG's are in from Riflegear.com (got 2 of them) They are 30 rounders pinned to 15.

3/22 Update

The Stag Upper with NJ Spec Stock came in today to complete my first build (still need to tighten the stock as i don't have the tool) I ordered it on 3/12 and it came UPS today so not a bad wait.

DPMS Lower Receiver Stripped $128.40

DSA Lower Parts Kit $68.30

2X PMAG 15/30 Rilfegear.com - $48.97

AR15Sales.com (Pete, super nice guy) Stag Upper w/ Pinned Stock $568.00

Total build $813.67

Will be swapping some things out as $ allows, want to get a few more goodies installed (forward grip, optical, etc.)

post-4646-0-25037800-1329947849_thumb.jpg

post-4646-0-08303000-1332271627_thumb.jpg

post-4646-0-69353300-1332448640_thumb.jpg

That will work. Have ordered mags from them. I would but again. No problems.

Thanks!

I want a stock like this

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/229100/dpms-buttstock-assembly-6-position-commercial-diameter-collapsible-ar-15-carbine-synthetic-black

All I keep finding on Midway is collapsable ones. Anyone know a place for a fixed?

Thanks.

IANAL, but you can buy any collapsible stock now before you get the rest of your components. It will be legal for you to have and not constitute "constructive posession" of an NJ-AW.

Find the position you want, then drill a hole into the stock going into the buffer lower rail part where the notches are, sized for a rollpin (you can get a whole set at Harbor Frieght). Tap the pin in, and squirt some epoxy into that hole to make it permanent. Now you have a NJ legal permantly fixed stock.

I reccomend checking out www.midwestpx.com. They are a forum supporting vendor, and have a very nice selection of AR parts. You can give them a call if you have any questions on what you are ordering, and they would be happy to help you by making sure you are purchasing the correct items.

Dan,

Thanks!

So I can buy a collapsible stock, just have to "pin" it.

I'm not a lawyer, and this is NJ... but this is the interpretation that many of us utilize. Provided the stock can no longer adjust/collapse/telecope in a permanent fashion, it no longer fits the evil feature list. Just like pinning/welding a brake on a threaded barrel makes it no longer a "threaded barrel".

I'm not a lawyer, and this is NJ... but this is the interpretation that many of us utilize. Provided the stock can no longer adjust/collapse/telecope in a permanent fashion, it no longer fits the evil feature list. Just like pinning/welding a brake on a threaded barrel makes it no longer a "threaded barrel".

Me either. Things have to be fixed and permanent.

Just got my first piece of the puzzle today.

DPMS Stripped Lower from the Bullet Hole in Belleville for 128.40 out the door.

At this point no one in Jersey has stock on a lower part kit so I will be ordering it online.

Whats everyone out there using?

Im not not 100% on the color I want yet overall, thinking maybe sand or just keeping everything black.

First line tactical in Jersey City stocks LPKs...they always seem to have a DD LPK when I go there.

I'd buy the PSA magpul lower build kit. Comes with the LPK, buffer, tube, spring, magpul moe grip and stock. Basically it had everything you need to complete the lower. I used one and so does my buddy and we both have had no complaints (he installed the hammer spring wrong and had light strikes but zero issues since the fix) You can pin the stock when you get it. Takes about 10 minutes. I'm in n. jersey (lyndhurst), PM me if you need any help or advice.

PSA has everythign you need to build a lower in one kit

$99.99 standard m4 style stock & grip http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lower-build-kit.html

$139.99 Magpul MOE kit (stock, grip, trigger guard) http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits/moe-lower-build-kit.html

I would use the MOE kit cause for the extra $40 its worth it, its what I have on my rifle. Just remember to pin the stock in place ASAP before you get any other parts.

Why is having a collapsable stock such a big deal? It seems like such a stupid thing for the state to have a problem with. Its not like we are asking for full auto.

First line tactical in Jersey City stocks LPKs...they always seem to have a DD LPK when I go there.

I'd buy the PSA magpul lower build kit. Comes with the LPK, buffer, tube, spring, magpul moe grip and stock. Basically it had everything you need to complete the lower. I used one and so does my buddy and we both have had no complaints (he installed the hammer spring wrong and had light strikes but zero issues since the fix) You can pin the stock when you get it. Takes about 10 minutes. I'm in n. jersey (lyndhurst), PM me if you need any help or advice.

Thanks, I'm in Nutley so I'm right next door. A close friend of mine has built a bunch of his own and does it for the guys on his department, etc. so I have guidance. I just like to get ideas of what other people out there are doing.

I called First Line, waiting for them to call me back.

PSA has everythign you need to build a lower in one kit

$99.99 standard m4 style stock & grip http://palmettostate...-build-kit.html

$139.99 Magpul MOE kit (stock, grip, trigger guard) http://palmettostate...-build-kit.html

I would use the MOE kit cause for the extra $40 its worth it, its what I have on my rifle. Just remember to pin the stock in place ASAP before you get any other parts.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks, I'm in Nutley so I'm right next door. A close friend of mine has built a bunch of his own and does it for the guys on his department, etc. so I have guidance. I just like to get ideas of what other people out there are doing.

I called First Line, waiting for them to call me back.

Glad I could help. Hopefully they can help you out. I'd still go with the magpul lower build kit from PSA . Their LPK is great and you get all the magpul goodies too.

Glad I could help. Hopefully they can help you out. I'd still go with the magpul lower build kit from PSA . Their LPK is great and you get all the magpul goodies too.

If they can't, Ill just order it online (really don't want to wait though lol)

If they can't, Ill just order it online (really don't want to wait though lol)

I know how you feel, I didnt want to wait when I was building mine, but Im glad I did(and glad I saved some money in the process, lol) it was worth the wait.

BTW, PSA's shipping is pretty quick.

Here's a link to a thread of mine with pics of my AR http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29556-first-day-at-the-range-with-the-ar/page__pid__390601#entry390601

(doing this from my phone so actually linking is tough)

I've since removed the carry handle and added a Magpul MBUS and Primary Arms micro dot. I'll post a pic of it's current configuration when I get home. I also ordered a Magpul ASAP and AFG2 for it (what can I say I love Magpul products).

You're close to me. We'll have to go shooting when you finish it up. I'm joining Cherry Ridge when I get my tax return so maybe we can shoot up there for some distance.