blksheep

Sent out a price request for a new pistol...

So I want to see what all the noise is on the M&P. I have one more permit and am looking at the M&P in .40. I figured why not. Still wont replace the Glock in my heart but, I am up for trying new things. See what prices come back.

Which Glock(s) do you already have? I have an M&P9 with an APEX trigger and I too have a permit that expires in a few weeks and I'm considering a Glock 19, Beretta 92A1 or a Sig 226.

Blksheep, I know you are a Glock guy. I used to be too until I found CZs. My Glocks had Ghost triggers and were about as nice shooting as I could get them. I have tried the other polymer guns though and had always believed Glock to be the best of the striker fired guns. Springfield XDs were OK, but I always thought that monstrously high slide gave it way too high a bore axis when it came to shooting quickly and getting my sights back on target. Since then, I have tried JonF's M&P 9L with work done by Dan Burwell in PA (http://www.burwellguns.com/). I also tried a M&P 9Pro with the APEX kit installed. To me, they are night and day improvements over the Glock trigger. I ended up finding a M&P 9L online in a sporting good store in Oklahoma for $490 (S&W discontinued the model because they want to push the pricier Prod model). I sent it to Dan Burwell and for $100 (shipping and trigger work) had my gun transformed. It is a hell of a shooter. My only regret is that the trigger breaks so close to the end of travel now that I use the less comfortable large grip backstrap instead of the medium sized one that I like better, just to increase length of pull. I should have asked for the forward break option.

BTW, you are welcome to meet up and try out the M&P any time at Shore Shot or Central Jersey R&PC.

Which Glock(s) do you already have? I have an M&P9 with an APEX trigger and I too have a permit that expires in a few weeks and I'm considering a Glock 19, Beretta 92A1 or a Sig 226.

I have the 34,19,26 and the 22. I have the 92FS, SA XD 4inch 9mm and a KImber Custom II. I have had a S&W 5906 and 908, as well as a SIG 229R DAK in 9mm and a USP Compact .40 with the LEM trigger group. The Beretta is a nice gun, I am just not a fan of DA/SA anymore. The SIG was a great gun however the trigger IMO was not as nice as the LEM in regards to pull or reset. For that matter it wasnt as good in the reset as any of my stock Glocks. But again that is my opinion.