Sign in to follow this  
lycokayaker

NJ - Flintlock Rifle - Laws - New Resident

Hey Gang

I seem to start many of my post off lately with I made the mistake of moving to NJ. Here is my question. I am looking to purchase a flintlock rifle. I am mostly likely going to be purchasing it out of state (pa). Are there any NJ laws that I should know about concerning Flintlock Rifles? I am looking at a Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle or Pedersoli Pennsylvania rifle . I am thinking from reading on here there shouldn't be a need to have any paper work done as its in PA and I shouldn't have to register it in NJ. However it will not be a wall hanger it will be shot frequently. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Stuck in NJ - Bill

You'd still need an FID card, no?

No, it's not a firearm in most states, so you're not breaking any state or federal firearms laws by purchasing it outside of NJ.

You only need a FPID in NJ if you plan to have the gun somewhere outside of the exemptions.

You'd still need an FID card, no?

No, for example .....you dont need an FID to hunt...just have to have a valid NJ hunitng license.

as for hutning in nj with a flintlock in must be a single barrel(not a double) and be a certain minimum caliber...i believe the minimum is 44 caliber.