Pizza Bob

Shongum - USPSA - 03/03/2012

Ron sent out the e-mail announcing the above - weather permitting of course. Here's Ron's note:

March Match is Saturday, March 3rd.

Pistol match is 100 rounds.

Registration is 9:30am

Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

There will be a shotgun side stage after the pistol match of 15 rounds birdshot 7.5 or smaller.

NOTE:

1. If you plan to attend, reply to this email [email protected] and let me know by Thursday, March 1st, 8am.
  2. If you are new and need the safety briefing be there by 9am and let Karen know at registration.
  3. If the match is cancelled for weather, I will send out an email notification around 5pm on Friday.

I'm in. Who else is coming?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Unfortunately I only just ordered my gear and the holster needed to be ordered (Lefty DOH, big surprise they didn't have it stocked), so I won't have it in time. I'm also taking the class with Col. Mort next month, so the April competition I'm sure I'll be there ready to see what this crazy stuff is really like.

Unfortunately I only just ordered my gear and the holster needed to be ordered (Lefty DOH, big surprise they didn't have it stocked), so I won't have it in time. I'm also taking the class with Col. Mort next month, so the April competition I'm sure I'll be there ready to see what this crazy stuff is really like.

What are you planning on shooting? I have lefty stuff for a 1911, and mags and pouches if you'd like to use them.

I'm in too.

Well I am planning on taking the day off and heading over to the Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club, they are doing a minimum of a 5 stage classifier match.

I'm gonna pm you tomo about this. I kinda want to go but my shooting partner in crime probably doesn't. Maybe we can carpool or something.

I am 50/50 on Lower Providence. If I can change my early morning saturday plans, I will be game to go. Wanted to check out the club.

Besides, got to get my sandbag C card in Production. =P If I can find a few more m&p 9mm mags.

If this match is on, is there any room for viewing the event progression? Meaning - can a newbie check it out without being in the way?

Yes, however you will definitely be kicking yourself for not shooting it. Disclaimer: This is assuming you are comfortable drawing from a holster and moving with a weapon.

If this match is on, is there any room for viewing the event progression? Meaning - can a newbie check it out without being in the way?

Absolutely - just bring eyes & ears. WARNING: You will kick yourself for not participating. You gotta dive right in. Lots of friendly folk at Shongum and we were all new at one time. Come on down (or up - depending on where you are).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

ETA: Doh! You beat me to it j0n.

Just to pile on: You will kick yourself for not participating. I'm a noob myself and almost went as an observer for my first match and am super-glad I didn't.

Jump in! The water's fine.

Ron sent out the e-mail announcing the above - weather permitting of course. Here's Ron's note:

March Match is Saturday, March 3rd.

Pistol match is 100 rounds.

Registration is 9:30am

Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

There will be a shotgun side stage after the pistol match of 15 rounds birdshot 7.5 or smaller.

NOTE:

1. If you plan to attend, reply to this email [email protected] and let me know by Thursday, March 1st, 8am.
  2. If you are new and need the safety briefing be there by 9am and let Karen know at registration.
  3. If the match is cancelled for weather, I will send out an email notification around 5pm on Friday.

I'm in. Who else is coming?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, I've sent the email and see ya on Sat.

Anyone know what up with this??? The Lower Providence PA match has already been canceled and re-scheduled for Sunday due to the weather.

Ron will send out a status e-mail on Friday after 5

Thanks Bob, but I'm canceling my Vacation day and throwing in the towel for this one, I'll save that vacation day and use it for next months match.

Just got near 90% from the weather guys over in NY and possible severe thunderstorms but nice and warm at least..