Sign in to follow this  
vortex0178

VZ Grips?

Why VZ? OR at least why VZ over any of the other brands of grips?

I'd go wood grips, but I am fancy like that!

Well vs. anything else of similar construction or design? They offer more variety than a lot of similarly priced competitors. They offer lower prices than some competitors with more variety. Construction is solid, price isn't outrageous, and availability is generally better than most competitors. This leads to them being stocked by more dealers. I think that explains most of the popularity. I have a set of the VZ aliens, I like them.

I have the black diamondbacks on my CZ 75 they are great grips but they are really aggressive. I hit them with a little 600 grit sandpaper and cleaned them up with some gun oil. This took down the sharpness of the grip that would otherwise tear up your hand. If you don't want it as aggressive pick up the frags. I also picked up a set of black 320's for my Smith J frame 340PD. The 320's are the most comfortable grips I have had on a snubby. If you are going to pick some up join their mailing list and they will send you 20% to 25% off deals every now and then. Good luck.