sarahfurlong

I Am A Casting Producer Looking For Families in NJ

John those days are long long long gone. I voiced my opinion about this garbage to "management" when I was still management and he wanted to hear nothing about it. It's pretty bad when almost NO ONE from the original like 100 members even post or go on this forum anymore. When I want to put a group buy together, I have to text 5 people because they refuse to come on here. It's pretty bad when one of those people is an assistant admin. What does that tell you?

now dont get me wrong.. i dont disagree with unions or not like unions but you cant tell me they are way better... i am currently non union until i get my government job and i know 2 union people who havent had work in 2 years.... my one buddy is an electrican and very fast and knowledgeable and hasnt worked steady in 5 years.... he'll go on a job work 5 weeks and back to unemployment.... and its constant like that.... THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO MORE INDUSTRY IN THIS COUNTRY... once we start making things here we will be spiraling downhill.. union or non-union

It sucks when your skill set is not in demand. But, sometimes the answer is to develop an in-demand skill set. Why is there no more industry in this country? Why did GM go bankrupt? A lot of these unions got things set up like a pyramid scheme and once the industry contracted, the pyramid collapsed. A gentlemen mentioned that his union will pay for college for his kids. Where does that money come from? Is it coming from the coffers the union already has or is the union planning to pay out of future union dues? If the union contracts, those future payments will not be there to cover college and pension.

It is just cheaper to make things in developing nations. I've toured factories in China, US and Europe. The factories in China are a not like an American or European factory and the prices reflect that.

This thread is a prime example of why this forum has lost so many of the original great, insightful people who helped make it what it was. Nothing stays on topic anymore and everyone wants to make every post about supporting their personal ideals and agenda. There is no respect for anyone's opinion other than your own!

This is a gun forum, dammit, there are thousands of forums out there where you guys can have these pissing matches! Can't we have just one place to go to discuss matters relevant to the mantra of the forum? GUNS!

I miss so may of the rational and level headed people. They don't hang out here anymore because of the behavior or so many of you. Now a days for every genuine gun related post, there are two or three that become a soap box.

You guys have to stop bashing everyone that has an opinion does not agree with yours. Take your thumbs out of your mouths, put on your big boy pants and take it outside!

I often think about going back to Thehighroad the forum I was on before when I lived in Colorado, but it is just to depressing to see all the stuff I cannot own being posted up. I miss the stricter rules there though and how threads like this the off topic posts would be deleted.