bipr8

Window shopping for a .45

just picked up the fnh fnp45 tonight, trigger is SO OOO SMOOTH! she is very light for a large gun, and you can run her cocked and locked like a 1911. oh yeah and 15 rounds of 45!

Wait until you shoot it. I shot 15 rounds out of it and thought I missed the whole target. All 15 were in the black bullseye, I couldn't see the holes from the line 10 yds away.

Nah, they were only used through two world wars, Korea and Viet Nam - no mud draggin' there.

Depends on which 1911, just as it does with any gun.

I DO not find it to be a drag through the mud weapon, not that it CANT do it, but just that you SHOULDN'T! You wouldn't drag your purdy girl through the mud, so why your 1911?

I'm looking for a full size, reliable, drag through the mud, work horse of a .45.

I have had my eye on the Ruger SR1911 and the Ruger Exclusive SR1911. Anyone know anything about these?

Also, what are some of your favorites that would fit into my criteria and maybe some suggestions of how to narrow my search down?

Price- UNDER $1k

Thanks,

Bip

You can drag these through the mud...

th_g_all1.jpg

Hope that was not at Bullseye as I just saw someone walk in and buy it. The guy really wanted a 1911 and grabbed the last one. If I owned a gun store, putting a 1911 in a display case seems to be a no brainer as they never last.

Hope that was not at Bullseye as I just saw someone walk in and buy it. The guy really wanted a 1911 and grabbed the last one. If I owned a gun store, putting a 1911 in a display case seems to be a no brainer as they never last.

No it wasn't, but it might be gone soon. I'm picking up my P2P this week and the R1 has thrown me a curve. I was set on a Kimber Stainless TLE, but for $700 the R1 was really nice. My other thing is hoping to get lucky and find an SR1911....

BlueLineFish mentioned that Caso is going to have a Ruger. I'm not sure if they go it yet (or if it is still there). You can always put a deposit down. I stopped by Caso a few weeks back and Lisa told me they had a bunch of 1911s in the morning but most of them were sold by the time I got there around 3pm that day.

BlueLineFish mentioned that Caso is going to have a Ruger. I'm not sure if they go it yet (or if it is still there). You can always put a deposit down. I stopped by Caso a few weeks back and Lisa told me they had a bunch of 1911s in the morning but most of them were sold by the time I got there around 3pm that day.

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and see.

I saw a Remington R1 in Meltzers the other day and a few other sweet 45's including a Colt and a Sig C3. I really liked the Sig. They don't have a huge selection, but I always see a gun I really like.

FNP45?

Get the OD one w/o threaded barrel. 15 rounds for a 45? hammer? It's a FN, bro! what more can you ask for?

if you don't like plastic, get the sig 220. easier to take apart than the 1911. put a 10 round badboy mag in there n u r ready 2 roc n roll

I bought the springfield Range officer for 825. Full steel frame 40 oz's so not a light gun but i love the feel in my hand. Adjustable rear sight came with 2 mags a mag pouch and a holster if you are going to get in gun games its a few less things you have to buy.got about 400 rounds through it and it has been running great the only problem i have is a bought an extra mag (kimber) and it FTE' on the last round with that mag every time. P.S. for you 1911 guys is there anything i can do to fix that magazine i understand that you can sometimes adjust the follower.i hate to not use a 28 dollar mag but it is just annoying i could keep it the same and use it as a training mag to learn to clear misfires if all else fails

Shot my new m&p 45 yesterday and didn't like the trigger. I hear there are upgrades and I will be investigating my options. However, the fnp 45 was sweet as ever, love that gun.

Rich

got an xd45 tactical in od green, very nice, very underated, and very affordable.... its a good dependable gun... ill be picking up an fnp 45 soon, and thought about selling the xd45 cant do it, its too nice...

I have to agree. The XD.45 is a beautiful gun. It fits your hand like a glove. I've shot several .45 in the past but this one takes the cake.