bipr8

Window shopping for a .45

I'm looking for a full size, reliable, drag through the mud, work horse of a .45.

I have had my eye on the Ruger SR1911 and the Ruger Exclusive SR1911. Anyone know anything about these?

Also, what are some of your favorites that would fit into my criteria and maybe some suggestions of how to narrow my search down?

Price- UNDER $1k

Thanks,

Bip

I have my baby eagle II in .45 and its very well built and is all steel so it can definitely take punishment, also not expensive around 500-550 I bought it for around 565 including tax and nics, but I got it right after it was relaunched.

• Like 4

I have my baby eagle II in .45 and its very well built and is all steel so it can definitely take punishment, also not expensive around 500-550 I bought it for around 565 including tax and nics, but I got it right after it was relaunched.

-1 by accident, someone +1 him for me please?

got an xd45 tactical in od green, very nice, very underated, and very affordable.... its a good dependable gun... ill be picking up an fnp 45 soon, and thought about selling the xd45 cant do it, its too nice...

• Like 1

I don't see a 1911 as a drag through the mud type of weapon.

Nah, they were only used through two world wars, Korea and Viet Nam - no mud draggin' there.

Depends on which 1911, just as it does with any gun.

• Like 6

Another nod for the HK USP

From Wikipedia:

Abuse and function-testing of USPs have seen more than 20,000 rounds of .40 S&W fired without a component failure. Milspec environmental tests were conducted in high and low temperatures, in mud, immersed in water and in salt spray. In one particular test, a bullet was deliberately lodged in the barrel and another bullet was fired to clear the obstruction. The barrel was successfully cleared with only minor structural deformation and continued to produce consistent groups when test fired for accuracy.

1911 - proven, solid and they work. No other .45 has the time in service and excellent track record. Under $1K? I'd suggest starting with a Springfield MilSpec if you want a full size pistol.

Warning - they are addictive; you can't own just one (or two, three,..................etc)!

I don't see a 1911 as a drag through the mud type of weapon.

Really? I guess WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam where fought in Old Bridge during a competition match.

Edit: Didn't see pizza bob's post.