Sign in to follow this  
IronCobra

AR15 Build, need a GunSmith

Years ago i started building a AR15 with a friend of mine who was more experienced at this, I lost contact with him and i want to finally finish my AR, I have a complete lower and just need to finish the upper, From what i remember I just need the handguard & Bolt Carrier. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith i could take this to help me finish this project?

Thanks guys!

Im sure there are plenty of capable gents here that can walk you through the process rather then taking it to a smith. Give it a bit and im sure someone will chime in with the knowledge.

I've installed hand guards and disassembled/assembled a BCG myself from youtube videos. If the barrel is already installed properly in the upper receiver, the rest is cake.

What exactly do you need done?

I've installed hand guards and disassembled/assembled a BCG myself from youtube videos. If the barrel is already installed properly in the upper receiver, the rest is cake.

Its easy. Check some youtube vids out. If you need help post up and people will be glad to.

hey yea my barrel is not installed yet, that's basically why i'm asking for a gunsmith, i don't have the proper tools to do it myself, i've done alot of reading over at AR15.com and i could probably get the rest done after the barrel is mounted already.

sorry i should have been more clear in my opening post!

thanks!

Traks Gunsmithing, veteran Owned, and I am sure the guys at Mastadon can help you out.

Other option, mail it to Paul @ Arms & Ammo. He just did my upper, put it together and pinned the compensator.

all are vendors on the forum, check out their sections.

I have an AR wrench and an upper vise block that you are more than welcome to borrow if you can make it down my way (I leave near Morristown).

thank you for the offer, i just called the gunsmith in paterson and they will only charge me $55 to finish out my rifle, more than worth it, i'm just gonna take it to them.

If you don't feel like driving to Paterson swing by the shop and drop it off we can do it for you....what are you doing about a compensator...(if your barrel is threaded) bayo lug etc..if they are present and need to be done... YEP pics when done !

Hey, Definitely! i would rather give you guys the business, i have a compensator on it already, if you give me an email address i can send you pictures of my setup tonight, I ordered a Handguard and bolt carrier from LaRue Tactical today, when i get them i'll drop by your place and drop it off.

Do you guys do this in house or do you send it out somewhere?