BlueLineFish

OBRPC this month

Get there early, Rich starts on-time! Go early, stop at WAWA, get yourself some coffee or whatever and talk to the other new people joining.

Well, maybe no WAWA........... Since you need to bring a gun for the safety check, if you aren't bringing a .22 rimfire rifle, I guess WAWA would be an illegal deviation. Gotta love NJ and their gun laws huh................ You can leave your gun of the safe table and ask someone to keep an eye on it for you.

I used a .22 carbine for the safety check at the indoor range.

Yes, I know he is a cop. I was being a sarcastic wise-a** regarding the dumb-a** gun laws in this state. What is soooooo wrong about stopping at WAWA which is on the same road as the range?

You can stop there with long guns but you can't with handguns.

Makes a lot of sense to some idiots in the state government.

Yes, I know he is a cop. I was being a sarcastic wise-a** regarding the dumb-a** gun laws in this state. What is soooooo wrong about stopping at WAWA which is on the same road as the range?

You can stop there with long guns but you can't with handguns.

Makes a lot of sense to some idiots in the state government.

I usually bring mine in to WaWa as it makes the lines shorter, the tellers give ME money and I get to walk out with money and whatever I was buying, FOR FREE!

• Like 1

I'm seriously considering joining as it's the closest range to my house. At these Sunday membership meetings do they provide a tour of the entire facility (indoor and outdoor) and allow for lots of stupid questions? Also, what if your not an NRA member, can you sign up there or provide your membership info later?

If there's not an opportunity to see the whole facility, anyone willing to take on a guest and provide a tour prior to next Sunday?

Michael

I'm seriously considering joining as it's the closest range to my house. At these Sunday membership meetings do they provide a tour of the entire facility (indoor and outdoor) and allow for lots of stupid questions? Also, what if your not an NRA member, can you sign up there or provide your membership info later?

If there's not an opportunity to see the whole facility, anyone willing to take on a guest and provide a tour prior to next Sunday?

Michael

No tour of both facilities, but you will be at the indoor range so you will get to see all of that. and the outdoor range in only a few minutes away and as soon as you join you can take a ride over there and check it out.

I also think they have the paperwork to apply for the NRA membership but not completely sure. Either way, you can alway go to the NRA website and sign up and let them know you are a new member waiting on your card.

Don't have any time to show you around the beginning of the month myself but maybe someone will jump in and see what they can do for you. After all we are a friendly bunch..

I may be able to show people around, just let me know.

Ray Ray, that isn't a nice way to get your coffee........

When you join you will be seeing and using the indoor range. After you are done there you can go over to the outdoor range. Usually there is something going-on there and the gate will be open so you can just drive-in. Just make sure you have eye and hearing protection and check the place out.

I am not sure if they have the forms for NRA membership at those meetings, but they should since it is a requirement to be a member there. I had joined previously but didn't have my card yet. I did have the magazine which has my member number on it.

I usually bring mine in to WaWa as it makes the lines shorter, the tellers give ME money and I get to walk out with money and whatever I was buying, FOR FREE!

I have to try that one day, Quick check here i come. I hate waiting in lines and i love free things :)

IIRC, you have 6 months to participate/observe 5 different events. I think you can observe 3, participate in 2, but most will participate in 4 or 5 of them anyway. During the proby period you can not bring guests except for immediate family (spouse & children).

Look at the newsletter and at the end you will see the indoor and outdoor calender of events. Find some that interest you, see who runs them, and get in touch with them to see what you need to bring to participate. To observe you just need safety glasses and hearing protection. I would suggest to go with the intent to participate though, much more fun! I observed one event and participated in the rest. You can also ask people on here what the different evets are like and what is required, plenty of OBRPC members here.

Spring is here, find some events and see who from here is going. We try to squad members of the NJGF together. Plenty of experienced shooters to help new people and many of them are now RO's.

If you want to check out the outdoor range,it will probably be open by about 8 tomorrow morning to set up for IDPA and High Power that start at 9. At that time there will be some regular active members there, introduce yourself, let them know what your doing, ask some questions, then go over to the indoor for the orientation.