Phillies

No more forum discount at Shore Shot

Please,tell me you're kidding, I know they are at times tardy in sharing important info and policy changes but to discontinue the discount without so much as a heads up to NJGF is just wrong.

I got the discount on Tuesday also.

My opinion about Shore Shot has been declining for many months now. This kinda seals the deal.

A few employees there are great, but I have never liked how the owner or his kid treated me. i am not looking to be best friends, but I appreciate a business owner who seems interested in interacting with me. I stopped in on Friday morning to look at a Buck Mark and I stood at the rimfire counter for 10 minutes without any offer of assistance.

I was a once-a-week shooter. I let my membership lapse last year because of a job loss. The forum discount was a nice touch that I appreciated. I guess I now have a reason to check out the BA range. I know BA has had some bad blood with NJGF in the past, but the guys behind the counter have always treated me well when I stop in to cruise the used guns.

BTW, I am very much looking forward to the Tip's opening up down south. The Gormleys are good people.

I stoped in there friday to pick up my new glock 30 :yahoo: . While i was there another forum member asked about the discount for range time and i heard him say they were going to discontinue the discount. I wasnt sure when that was going to take effect and when i asked why the guy i was dealing with just kind of blew off the question.

Wow. I'm surprised, I dont think they realized how much business the people from this forum have sent them.

I think they know....and while I'm disappointed that they have decided to discontinue the forum discount,I recognize that they have the right to make a profit.I think however that since they already had several issues with policy changes without adequate notification not only to the public, but to their members, a little prior notice would not only be nice but just good business.

I'm no psychic but I believe it was inevitable. between the niggling complaints on the forum,the new ranges opening with great success with out offering discounts we kinda killed the goose.......

• Like 1

Think you meant psychic. A physic is a cathartic medicine like a laxative...

Think you meant psychic. A physic is a cathartic medicine like a laxative...

Thanks....however I've been known to run my mouth on occasion so a laxative may not be too far from the truth....
  • Like 1

I don't blame them for doing that, the cost of doing business keeps going up and up and up. that ten bucks each adds up

Very true, however while I don't know what kind of income has been generated from this very forum, not just in actual membership at SS, not just the guns that have been purchased there over other shops, or the number of people who many of us have sent there really are, but I would think that it would put a dent in their bottom line.

The only plus side is there are many forum vendors here that will gladly pick up the additional sales, who out of all of them I have done business with are great to their customers, make you feel like you are appreciated and more than just another customer.

I think the businesses who want to keep the same old pre internet business plan are going to be on the losing side. The internet plays a huge part in some businesses. Let's just use Shore Shot and this forum as an example.

Sometimes forums will piss off business owners because it gives everyone a voice. Unfortunately that means every moron and nitpicker out there has a voice as well. For every 100 great posts about a business, the business owner will remember the one bad one.

I think it's a bad decision by them but what do I know? I know that if I want to go shooting on those cold winter days that I can't or won't shoot outside I will find something else to do other than go to BA or SS. I would have gone to SS but now I might not go. It's not all because of the discount, it's that they have a forum here and didn't say a word about it. Same thing with the renting of guns within the same caliber.

Oh well

I can buy that Brian, after all the are a Forum Vendor and a post saying as of xx date we will no longer be able to do xx and maybe also let us know they are sorry that things have to change but xx was doing xx to our business and financially they need to make these changes.

I also feel that it may have a negative impact on their bottom line as I said but time will tell. That and from the stories from some of the post about SS the past 6 to 12 months, I get the feeling that the weekend groups of shooters sharing ports and the foot traffic if the un informed who just show up there is what they are looking at, and overlooking the forum and forum members contribution to their business, but like you said, what do I know.

I think the businesses who want to keep the same old pre internet business plan are going to be on the losing side. The internet plays a huge part in some businesses. Let's just use Shore Shot and this forum as an example.

Sometimes forums will piss off business owners because it gives everyone a voice. Unfortunately that means every moron and nitpicker out there has a voice as well. For every 100 great posts about a business, the business owner will remember the one bad one.

I think it's a bad decision by them but what do I know? I know that if I want to go shooting on those cold winter days that I can't or won't shoot outside I will find something else to do other than go to BA or SS. I would have gone to SS but now I might not go. It's not all because of the discount, it's that they have a forum here and didn't say a word about it. Same thing with the renting of guns within the same caliber.

Oh well

Oh well

I agree,I've extolled the virtues of SS and it's employees on many occasions but I bet everyone only remembers the new forum member who loved then hated SS in the span of a week.

That is just the way it is and to do business in the electronic age is to grow a thick skin and take care of the people that take care of you and your business. I still believe it's just bad form not to at least post a brief explanation.

Still no answers from SS... WTF

Still no answers from SS... WTF

No. But I've reached out on their Facebook page and other avenues for a definitive answer. I harbor the feeling that someone got pissed,started venting about "we give them a discount and they still b***h and instituted a impromptu change in policy and now is weighing the pros and cons of formalizing it.

We will just have to wait and see.

I was just about to call them and put this to rest, but I think it would be better for the guy who runs this site (Maksim) to call and get the scoop. After all they are a forum vendor and I would think he has some sort of business relationship with them since he sold them on the forums.

Well being you just put the ball in Mak's court, I'll wait and see what he has to say, but this could have been handled real easy with a post in SS vendor section asking about if this rumor was true or not, they may not check all the threads but may check that one. Or even an E-mail to Kyle.

Well being you just put the ball in Mak's court, I'll wait and see what he has to say, but this could have been handled real easy with a post in SS vendor section asking about if this rumor was true or not, they may not check all the threads but may check that one. Or even an E-mail to Kyle.

Great point. I hadn't even checked to see what section this thread was in. I just "assumed".................................

I don't know if posting on their vendor section is viable since the post from Two spot has been hanging there unanswered since 2/29 and scig took it upon himself to answer it in a seemingly unofficial capacity.

It's frustrating but lets see if Maks has better luck.

I don't know if posting on their vendor section is viable since the post from Two spot has been hanging there unanswered since 2/29 and scig took it upon himself to answer it in a seemingly unofficial capacity.

It's frustrating but lets see if Maks has better luck.

scig is one of their range officers there and a really nice guy.

I put the ball in his court because this is his forum. I was literally dialing the phone and realized that even the answer I get and post would be an unofficial one.

It's just my opinion. I don't think it would be a good idea for a bunch of us to start inundating them with calls about a discount.

Yes I know and I reached out to him on a PM earlier.

I'm a member so I guess it doesn't affect me now. But it's kinda a bummer. With the discount it was a

very reasonable rate. Not to say the normal rate is a too high or anything. Just felt it was good to get

people to go there and get people to join this forum.