Phillies

No more forum discount at Shore Shot

It's just my opinion. I don't think it would be a good idea for a bunch of us to start inundating them with calls about a discount.

While the core group here is probably less the 100 people if not less, there are over 3K members here, I think half that many people calling looking to confirm a rumor might have an impact, if the rumor is true... just sayin

While the core group here is probably less the 100 people if not less, there are over 3K members here, I think half that many people calling looking to confirm a rumor might have an impact, if the rumor is true... just sayin

Oh I definitely get that, but that's not my point. My point and plan of action would be to find out a definitive answer from Shore Shot. Then proceed from there. If it's a campaign where we all call, so be it. If it's a campaign where we do a petition and drop it off so be it. Even if it's doing nothing, that's fine too. I rarely shoot there so it's not the biggest deal for me. I think the guys who go there often would like an answer though.

Basically this is a Vendor vs Forum issue. So my opinion would be that Maksim would be the best person to call and talk to the Shore Shot owner for the initial definitive answer. You agree or disagree?

• Like 1

Rather then an all out boycott. If this proves to be true, i'd like to say thank you to SS for giving us a break from the get go. I must say this does give me incentive to check out a few different ranges because the price would then be on par with everyone else, so just dont expect me to be shooting as much as I used to there. Still a great place with great people.

Rather then an all out boycott. If this proves to be true, i'd like to say thank you to SS for giving us a break from the get go. I must say this does give me incentive to check out a few different ranges because the price would then be on par with everyone else, so just dont expect me to be shooting as much as I used to there. Still a great place with great people.

+1

I've never been there but I would be grateful for any type of discount they offered in the past. If its over and it really bothers you then shoot someplace else. They are not obligated to give any type of discount for anything AFAIK.

• Like 1

As I've said before, I have no stake in the game, but I continue to find it discouraging that there's not been an official statement from them. Sure, it this was never posted in their section, but they have to know that it's wide-spread among the membership by now. Why no post confirming this. They don't even have to provide a reason, just a statement that it's true, etc.

As I've said before, I have no stake in the game, but I continue to find it discouraging that there's not been an official statement from them. Sure, it this was never posted in their section, but they have to know that it's wide-spread among the membership by now. Why no post confirming this. They don't even have to provide a reason, just a statement that it's true, etc.

My thoughts exactly. I was thankful for the discount and it allowed me to bring friends and introduce them to the sport without too much of a hit to my wallet.If it had become a burden to the bottom line then they have every right to discontinue it but now after 4 days and 36 posts asking for something...anything in the way of an explanation or even a confirmation, it now begins to appear punitive. a "f**k them" if you will....

And where is Maks in all this?

Basically this is a Vendor vs Forum issue. So my opinion would be that Maksim would be the best person to call and talk to the Shore Shot owner for the initial definitive answer. You agree or disagree?

Well when you put it that way... lol,, yea I agree, best to let Maks get the word, at least if it is correct and they are no longer going to offer, he is the one in the position to get them to rethink it or change it back more so than any of us.

My big question to you guys is this. Let's assume the rumor is true and no further NJGF discounts will be offered. What will you guys do? Will you choose to cease doing business with this establishment for good or just get p*ssed off and b*tch for a couple weeks and continue to patronize them anyway? History has shown that the majority will do the latter, thus no holding the business accountable for their actions. The business is betting on this too, so why should they waste their time and effort to pre-warn, notify or give anyone an advanced notice? If their bottom line does not suffer due to this action and change in policy, what's their motivation for keeping the discount?

So, I'll ask again. Who's committed to ending your business relationship with Shore Shot over this?

• Like 1

My big question to you guys is this. Let's assume the rumor is true and no further NJGF discounts will be offered. What will you guys do? Will you choose to cease doing business with this establishment for good or just get p*ssed off and b*tch for a couple weeks and continue to patronize them anyway? History has shown that the majority will do the latter, thus no holding the business accountable for their actions. The business is betting on this too, so why should they waste their time and effort to pre-warn, notify or give anyone an advanced notice? If their bottom line does not suffer due to this action and change in policy, what's their motivation for keeping the discount?

So, I'll ask again. Who's committed to ending your business relationship with Shore Shot over this?

Whoa there Hoss....you've already professed to not having a stake in the game but now you want to light torches,pick up pitch forks and march upon Shore Shot? Look we already recognize you have way too much time on your hands and is wound a little too tight but perhaps you had better leave the fight to those of us who actually lost something in the deal and not run off escalating the issue....Please.
  • Like 3

While I no longer a member of SS, not due to this, just the fact that I belong to a club now thats a lot closer I do know I probably wont go there any longer. Will I recommend them to new shooters, or people looking to try out new guns, maybe, they do have a nice selection, but if I find another range that offers by caliber discounts like SS did, or one who offers a forum discount, I would recommend a forum friendly vendor over them.

While I no longer a member of SS, not due to this, just the fact that I belong to a club now thats a lot closer I do know I probably wont go there any longer. Will I recommend them to new shooters, or people looking to try out new guns, maybe, they do have a nice selection, but if I find another range that offers by caliber discounts like SS did, or one who offers a forum discount, I would recommend a forum friendly vendor over them.

Exactly my thoughts. To the T.

Offering a discount to forum members is just like a sale, it gets people to come in and buy stuff.

Anyone who has been at Shoreshot knows that they are very busy.

Why would they continue to offer a discount if they can easily replace any lost busines with customers paying full price.

Its a business decision. If you don't like it don't go. Its your call.

But stop bashing them like they did something evil or stole from you

• Like 3

Yeah I think some people are over reacting a bit.

The discount was great, but they're not obligated to continue to offer it if they choose not to.

Now they're just like all other indoor ranges in terms of pricing.

I really don't think they owe us anything.

It's not like it was written I'm a contract or something.

Anyway, yeah... carry on.

Man your a hater........i didnt realize shore shot owes you something

I just received an answer on Shore Shot's Face Book page stating that they are no longer offer a discount on walk in range time for NJGF members but will still offer membership discounts.Not quite sure what membership discounts entail but at least we know and can make our own personal decisions as to how to proceed.

Why no notice on NJGF and no word from Maksim still puzzles me.

Maks does not check every post 24 hours a day.

I sent Kyle a message a few days ago, did not get a response. Will try again in a day or so.

SS is not my home club as BA once was, so I am not personally there at least weekly. Will update as I know more.

Whoa there Hoss....you've already professed to not having a stake in the game but now you want to light torches,pick up pitch forks and march upon Shore Shot? Look we already recognize you have way too much time on your hands and is wound a little too tight but perhaps you had better leave the fight to those of us who actually lost something in the deal and not run off escalating the issue....Please.

Why the disrespectful response to me? You don't know me and who are you to judge me or anyone else for that matter? Correct, no stake in the game for me, but still a person of principle. I'm mostly curious to see which of the folks who are pissed about this are actually going to do something about it.. Apparently, you're one of the ones who "lost something in the deal", however I don't recall you saying whether or not you'd still patronize them. It doesn't matter to me either way.

Man your a hater........i didn't realize shore shot owes you something

I thought I was pretty clear that I have no stake in this. They owe me personally, nothing. Seems to me they owe this forum a litte more respect as well as those who do patronize their establishment, wouldn't you say? By the way, I'm not a hater. I just call it as I see it. Most of the folks coming up nowadays have a problem with that. They prefer things politically correct and watered down. I don't roll like that, sorry.

I sent Kyle a message a few days ago, did not get a response. Will try again in a day or so.

SS is not my home club as BA once was, so I am not personally there at least weekly. Will update as I know more.

Thank you.

I just received an answer on Shore Shot's Face Book page stating that they are no longer offer a discount on walk in range time for NJGF members but will still offer membership discounts.Not quite sure what membership discounts entail but at least we know and can make our own personal decisions as to how to proceed.

Annual membership is $225, I was told$175 or 185 for NJGF members when I asked about the yearly price.

For your information Ray, I most probably will patronize Shore Shot in the future while still asking the question as to why?.

If it doesn't matter to you either way then why rabble rouse?stay out of it and busy yourself with posting endless inane topics to occupy your time and attention.

For your information Ray, I most probably will patronize Shore Shot in the future while still asking the question as to why?.

If it doesn't matter to you either way then why rabble rouse?stay out of it and satisfy yourself with posting endless inane topics to occupy your time and attention.

You just can't get your point across, without adding insults, can you? Not looking for answer, so don't waste either one of our time (even though I have bounds and bounds of time, right?). Have a good day.

You just can't get your point across, without adding insults, can you? Not looking for answer, so don't waste either one of our time (even though I have bounds and bounds of time, right?). Have a good day.

Some things just needed to be said Ray... We're all thinking it, I'm just the one to verbalize it..Good day to you Sir.

Holding them accountable for what? It is their biz if they want to change rates they can......your ready to lead some revolt agaisnt people going there...you gotta relax man

You think your telling it how it is...instead you just sound like someone that can never be happy

Duppie,

With a membership discount you will also get discounts on ammo and will probably get guest passes . For the number of times you visit SS you will be getting a better deal as a member. You will also be able to go early on Sat and Sun for members only.

Scig

That's encouraging news for you guys. That's more than my friggin' range does.

Duppie,

With a membership discount you will also get discounts on ammo and will probably get guest passes . For the number of times you visit SS you will be getting a better deal as a member. You will also be able to go early on Sat and Sun for members only.

Scig

Duppie,

Scig

Thanks Phil, I do appreciate your input and I will be joining Shore Shot in the near future. Check your PM's will you?

Duppie,

Scig

Duppie,forgot to mention another advantage. Once your guest passes are used it will only cost you $10

to take a guest shooting.