Phillies

No more forum discount at Shore Shot

Duppie,forgot to mention another advantage. Once your guest passes are used it will only cost you $10

to take a guest shooting.

Duppie,forgot to mention another advantage. Once your guest passes are used it will only cost you $10

to take a guest shooting.

Thanks Boss......You know I only visit about once a month or less but now I have a reason to shoot more with the CZ just breaking in and my good friend loving it.

Offering a discount to forum members is just like a sale, it gets people to come in and buy stuff.

Anyone who has been at Shoreshot knows that they are very busy.

Why would they continue to offer a discount if they can easily replace any lost business with customers paying full price.

Its a business decision. If you don't like it don't go. Its your call.

But stop bashing them like they did something evil or stole from you

Pete I agree, If they feel that this will not impact their business or help their business great. while owning a business you are always worried about the bottom line on your P&L and that is most important, it longevity and relationships with your clientèle that keeps you in it for the long run. I understand all of that..

Now I highlighted your last line.. The reason they are getting bashed (not that I would really call it a bashing) is they are a Forum Vendor and not a single word to anyone here. No hint, not were looking at something and maybe changing things, no we are loosing money on this, etc... If they are a forum vendor, the right thing would be to make an announcement to the very members of the forum who they are supposed to be supporting. But hey, just my view on it..

Went there last night to rent a few guns since I just got my permit. They confirmed they're not offering the NJGF discount anymore. Not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to have saved a few bucks.

Now I highlighted your last line.. The reason they are getting bashed (not that I would really call it a bashing) is they are a Forum Vendor and not a single word to anyone here. No hint, not were looking at something and maybe changing things, no we are loosing money on this, etc... If they are a forum vendor, the right thing would be to make an announcement to the very members of the forum who they are supposed to be supporting. But hey, just my view on it..

I have no dog in the fight, but as an objective observer I agree with this statement. Some guys travel pretty far to go to SS. I imagine I would be pretty pissed to drive 45 minutes or more only to find out that the discount was discontinued without any warning on NJGF.

Correct, no stake in the game for me, but still a person of principle. I'm mostly curious to see which of the folks who are pissed about this are actually going to do something about it..

It doesn't matter to me either way.

I thought I was pretty clear that I have no stake in this. They owe me personally, nothing.

Go Get em Al...

Al_Sharpton.jpg

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Pete I agree, If they feel that this will not impact their business or help their business great. while owning a business you are always worried about the bottom line on your P&L and that is most important, it longevity and relationships with your clientèle that keeps you in it for the long run. I understand all of that..

I think they went beyond supporting forum misers ( I mean members ) to the point of subsidizing them. 3 pages over ten bucks.

• Like 1

I think they went beyond supporting forum misers ( I mean members ) to the point of subsidizing them. 3 pages over ten bucks.

It's not over 10 bucks at all. while the forum discount was nice, they also did it for ammo, and did something for gun purchases also. Also it's what was said by myself and others already. They are a forum supporter, and while business is business and I hope we all understand that, it's the way it was done. No post from SS that they were thinking of doing this, no as of this date we can no longer support what we have done in the past. Nothing was said.

Also when you get right down to it, while they supported the forum members with these discounts, the forum members supported them by not only going to SS to shoot, buy ammo, guns and other goods, I would be willing to bet that they also had foot traffic (new and future customers) that they would have never had in the first place if it were not for the forum members recommending SS to people who come in here and ask, Where is a good place to shoot in that part of the state, where is a good place to go try out guns, who gives us discounts, who has one of the most helpful and nicest RO to help new shooters (Yea Phil I'm talk about you) etc..

It was a give and take relationship when you get right down to it, and as I see it, the forum members were left standing there on the dance floor while there partner just left them high and dry.

Like I said earlier, it's not that they are doing this, it's how it was done.

Issue with BA, the run around on guns being ordered.

Since we spoke when I ordered from them and everyone was giving me the horror stories, I know of 6-7 people that have ordered through them, and even quite a few FFL's through them with 0 issues. Not saying anyone was lying to me by any means, but haven't had any issues there with anything I've done yet. Maybe the problem you had has been corrected? Person fired? I dunno.. But in my past experience (over a year now) I've never had an issue with them.

So, what is the walk-on rate for Brick Armory?

The below is an attached picture from their website. The M-F hours have changed. They now close at 9 but no one has access to the site to change it yet.

hours-r.png

I was just there this morning. I had asked for the NJGF discount at the register as I didn't know about the policy change, and was told they weren't giving the $10 walk-on anymore, but the discounted $179 yearly membership for NJGF members still applies.

Man, been gone for a while and see this.

Personally I feel this has gone too far. It's their business and have the right to do what they want without answering to us.

It was great of them to offer the walk on discount. BA never did that for us.

• Like 1

Since we spoke when I ordered from them and everyone was giving me the horror stories, I know of 6-7 people that have ordered through them, and even quite a few FFL's through them with 0 issues. Not saying anyone was lying to me by any means, but haven't had any issues there with anything I've done yet. Maybe the problem you had has been corrected? Person fired? I dunno.. But in my past experience (over a year now) I've never had an issue with them.

The below is an attached picture from their website. The M-F hours have changed. They now close at 9 but no one has access to the site to change it yet.

hours-r.png

And you can't shot whatever ammo u want believe 300 win mag for rifle any hand gun ammo allowed

And you can't shot whatever ammo u want believe 300 win mag for rifle any hand gun ammo allowed

I'm totally confused about what you said..

Are you saying you can't bring your own ammo to BA? If that is what your saying, it's false. I bring mine almost every time I go.

I keep reading what you wrote and just.. just don't understand it..

Ok, got a resolution to this.

SS no longer feels being a vendor on the forum is in their best interest, and will not be offering any more discounts. They will however honor LE pricing of $179 for NJGF members.

Will update as required.

I'm totally confused about what you said..

Are you saying you can't bring your own ammo to BA? If that is what your saying, it's false. I bring mine almost every time I go.

I keep reading what you wrote and just.. just don't understand it..

You can shoot what ever kind of ammo, no.need for frangible, rifle caliber Upto 300 win mag is allowed for rifle, and any handgun caliber is allowed. Rentals you must use there ammo... Personal weapons shoot your own

You can shoot what ever kind of ammo, no.need for frangible, rifle caliber Upto 300 win mag is allowed for rifle, and any handgun caliber is allowed. Rentals you must use there ammo... Personal weapons shoot your own

They made me buy their frangible ammo for my 7.62x39 last year when I went there to try a new gun. Was $1.00 a shot with our NJGF discount. Brick Armory let me shoot whatever I wanted to, no limit there.

I got the discount on Tuesday also.

My opinion about Shore Shot has been declining for many months now. This kinda seals the deal.

A few employees there are great, but I have never liked how the owner or his kid treated me. i am not looking to be best friends, but I appreciate a business owner who seems interested in interacting with me. I stopped in on Friday morning to look at a Buck Mark and I stood at the rimfire counter for 10 minutes without any offer of assistance.

I was a once-a-week shooter. I let my membership lapse last year because of a job loss. The forum discount was a nice touch that I appreciated. I guess I now have a reason to check out the BA range. I know BA has had some bad blood with NJGF in the past, but the guys behind the counter have always treated me well when I stop in to cruise the used guns.

BTW, I am very much looking forward to the Tip's opening up down south. The Gormleys are good people.

Ironic how much trouble the NJ gun community seems to have with their shops, I always see people post negative stuff. Bob's little has always been fantastic to me, even when I just come in to ask questions. My brother in law had a bad experience with Ed's, and though I like Winters from Winter's gunsmithing, he yells at me when I mention I'm buying a gun for shooting. (He thinks I'm wasting my money, and should allocate all funds towards nice collectable vault queens, still a very helpful, cool guy though, knows his stuff too.)

As for Tips, you say they're opening up down south, where in South Jersey? If it's near me, I'll check them out.

If Shore Shot feels it is better off not being a sponsor, thats their decision. While I dont want to see the forum lose a sponsor, or see board members sour, I sincerely hope that this ends up working out for them. In a state where gun shops are few and far between, I hope they all do as well as possible.

Kaiser,

Last I heard, Tips if turning the current shop on Rt. 9 into hardware store only. A new gun shop, with indoor rifle/pistol and archery range, is going up on Rt. 539, just off of the GSP exit 58.

I see this place making a fortune during the annual Duck and Decoy show.

No word on opening date.

hours-r.png

It looks like the ebb and flow between Lakewood gunshops is pointing back in the direction of Brick Armory, the way it once did. If BA has cleaned up their act on orders, then more power to them. Their range was always top notch, although the supervision on the range (i.e. Range Officers) was often lacking.

Their range was always top notch, although the supervision on the range (i.e. Range Officers) was often lacking.

I went there a few weeks ago. I got my friend and his wife into shooting. They got memberships there and guested me in. The kid who was ROing left a lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy but he wasn't paying attention to anything going on. He was joking around with a few guys at the range and I had to tell him 5 times to stop sweeping up my brass. If he swept it up one more time I was going to go over to the brass drum, take handfuls and fill up my bag

It looks like the ebb and flow between Lakewood gunshops is pointing back in the direction of Brick Armory, the way it once did. If BA has cleaned up their act on orders, then more power to them. Their range was always top notch, although the supervision on the range (i.e. Range Officers) was often lacking.

Each time I've been there (other then during the Superbowl) the RO was on his game.

During the Superbowl a friend and I were the only ones there.. No RO at that point, but it was just myself and a friend, I didn't expect him to babysit us. He did come in and check what was going on from time to time but didn't circle like a Hawk..

Kaiser,

Last I heard, Tips if turning the current shop on Rt. 9 into hardware store only. A new gun shop, with indoor rifle/pistol and archery range, is going up on Rt. 539, just off of the GSP exit 58.

I see this place making a fortune during the annual Duck and Decoy show.

No word on opening date.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/ocean/developers-of-little-egg-harbor-township-indoor-shooting-range-hope/article_f0d70084-c231-11e0-ade9-001cc4c002e0.html

Well, can't say I'm surprised by this turn of events. Shore Shot has never really given much thought to how their actions effect their customers, given the slipshod manner in which they make policy changes. I was already planning to get a membership at Brick Armory instead of Shore Shot so I guess I made the right decision.

I can't really blame them for pulling out of here though. If you did a search on shore shot the info on this board would pop up on google and it could discourage customers for trying them, considering all the BS they've been pulling lately. I'm sure my post on how they were ripping people off on how much they overcharged on ammo didn't help. Not mention all the posts on overcrowding. Given it was the TRUTH, but for them it makes their business look bad. In that context it makes sense for them to pull out of here.

Admittedly a GOOD standup business would address the issues, not ignore them and blow off the board in a huff... but I've stopped expecting much out of SS. My feeling is this board helped them grow their business, and now they feel they no longer need it. Brick Armory did the same thing, and their clientel took a serious dip after we all bailed on them and recommended SS. I'm betting the same will hold true again just in the opposite direction.

I like the guys who work at BA better anyway, I just got annoyed over the run around I got on my sig order and SS was cheaper to join.