bulpup

At a loss, car quirk

I have no idea how this happened, although I know when it happened. I had the dash off to replace an air vent. I required the disconnecting of some of the electrical in the center console. Since then, my car's radio will not remember my stored radio stations after the car is shut off.

The radio works fine, if I turn it off then back on again it starts at the last station I was on, but if I turn the key off it is all gone, clock included.

any ideas where I should start looking? I have no idea on this one. and talk about annoying.....

Car stereos usually have two power connections, constant on that handles the memory when the car is off and switched power to actually run the unit when the car is switched on. Sounds like you lost contact to you constant on power connection. If I remember, the constant on wire is usually red/black. Trace the wire to ensure connected and check your fuses. If you post specifics on the car and stereo unit I'm sure someone can give better specific info.

Okay great, thanks. It really helps having a place to look.

Would I be correct in guessing that that interior light is on that same circuit? I am remembering now that my wife mentioned that that light blew out "brightly"

It's a '90 Geo Prizm