aguilar64

WASR 10 vs AK47

you would not really be buying an "ak47"

in NJ you can buy one of a few AK variants.. everyone has their favorite.. I personally prefer Saigas they are dead reliable.. chrome lined barrel.. Russian made.. etc..

IMHO WASR is more bottom of the barrel.. the couple that I handled had rough gritty actions..

I am sure others will come give their 2 cents..

but I have worked on MANY Saigas and have never had an issue..

you would not really be buying an "ak47"

in NJ you can buy one of a few AK variants.. everyone has their favorite.. I personally prefer Saigas they are dead reliable.. chrome lined barrel.. Russian made.. etc..

IMHO WASR is more bottom of the barrel.. the couple that I handled had rough gritty actions..

I am sure others will come give their 2 cents..

but I have worked on MANY Saigas and have never had an issue..

Mine runs like a champ, eats all ammo. Mr. Vladtepes likes the Saiga's, but they're garbage.

Mine runs like a champ, eats all ammo. Mr. Vladtepes likes the Saiga's, but they're garbage.

:sarcastichand:

google "wasr pile of junk" "wasr fails to feed" "wasr problems"

(notice that google will autocomplete that for you since it is such a common search)

wait 10 minutes for the 2.5 million results to load.. then proceed to read about the problems..

once your head is done spinning..

google "saiga problems"

the ONLY problems you will find are the following two

"people who do not understand what ammo the shotgun requires"

"people having "problems" finding them for sale a couple years back when there was a big demand for them.."

to be fair.. there are plenty of "good" wasrs out there.. I just do not prefer the platform as it tends to be very hit or miss..

from what ive seen, your taking a risk when you buy a WASR-10 that its either going to be a piece of crap or a great gun....but most likely some between. my take on it is the saigas are consistently good and you know what your getting.

dumb argument/10

• Like 1

I love my WASR, no problems with it at all.. Put about 3000 rounds of about 10 different brands of ammo through it and have yet to have a jam or misfire. The only problem i'v found is the mags having a ton of play and i wish the stock was a bit bigger. besides that its an all around great gun. With that said i think the saigas i probably the best you can get. I'v shot a ton of them and there just awesome. I decided to go with the WASR because it was $400 cheaper then the saiga i was looking at

• Like 1

Not sure why wasr's are considered so low end? Maybe I'm just being ignorent or am just missing something? Maybe i just got a good one, but i can't really see how people say they are such bad guns. To be honest the majority of people i'v talked to that said "wasr's are crap" are saiga owners who never even held a wasr before. Yes i agree 100% that they are not as solid and sound as a saiga, and yes i would prefer a saiga over a wasr, but a bad gun??? at least i don't think so. Not trying to bias at all, i would love to hear from fellow wasr owners that may have had problems with their rifles, cause like i said maybe I'm just missing something that make these guns "bottom of the barrel" I guess what it comes down to is if you can afford a saiga then i would buy one. they are russian made, cleaner looking, have a slightly better feel, and can hold a ton of accessories. But if you settle for a wasr don't think you your getting a bad gun, cause your not! IMO

Vlad, get real. Saiga is a wanna-be AK. Kinda like a Smith&Wesson Sigma and Glock. Or Maverick88 to a Mossberg 500. Or a NEF pardner pump to an 870. It's a copy (and a bad one) of an AK.

To the OP, get a WASR-10. You'll thank me later.

Not sure why wasr's are considered so low end? Maybe I'm just being ignorent or am just missing something? Maybe i just got a good one, but i can't really see how people say they are such bad guns. To be honest the majority of people i'v talked to that said "wasr's are crap" are saiga owners who never even held a wasr before. Yes i agree 100% that they are not as solid and sound as a saiga, and yes i would prefer a saiga over a wasr, but a bad gun??? at least i don't think so. Not trying to bias at all, i would love to hear from fellow wasr owners that may have had problems with their rifles, cause like i said maybe I'm just missing something that make these guns "bottom of the barrel" I guess what it comes down to is if you can afford a saiga then i would buy one. they are russian made, cleaner looking, have a slightly better feel, and can hold a ton of accessories. But if you settle for a wasr don't think you your getting a bad gun, cause your not! IMO

no.. that is just the thing about WASRs..they are hit or miss.. you MIGHT have a great one.. you MIGHT have a junk one with a gritty rough action.. canted sights.. bad mag fit.. etc... OR you could get a good one.. that is just the thing..

Vlad, get real. Saiga is a wanna-be AK. Kinda like a Smith&Wesson Sigma and Glock. Or Maverick88 to a Mossberg 500. Or a NEF pardner pump to an 870. It's a copy (and a bad one) of an AK.

To the OP, get a WASR-10. You'll thank me later.

saiga is made in in Izhmash factory is Russia.. no wanna be AK...

Are the WASR's new guns or refurbed?

I have two Saiga's, both function 100%. One new out of the box, the other has been converted. Never had a single issue with either. Btoh came from Paul (PK90). I will convert the stock gun soon, hopefully I don't screw it up and it still runs correctly when done. ;)

They are low end because they are...low end? They are bottom of the barrel AK's, yes some of them work great, while others...not so much. If I were you, I would take a look at some other options but that is just me. Plus I would highly suggesting holding a couple WASR's and checking them out at a shop or gun show before buying, that way you can see if anything is wrong with it. If you order it off the net, you can't see it before you buy and you're stuck with it.

People badmouth WASR's because they had a lot of problems in the past, and while CAI is getting better with them, they still aren't perfect. And yes, a lot of people badmouth them even though they have never shot one. But everyone on forums is an 'expert' of course so...you get my drift.

I've shot probably 4-5 WASR's in the past couple years and only one had an issue.

I have a WASR with thousands of rounds through it without a single jam or any unwanted magazine wobble. They are as rough as guts inside, but to me that is part of the charm. Lift the receiver cover and you will see machining marks and a mainspring that looks like it was made out of a coathanger, but I knew that when I bought it. If I want high end machining and tight tollerances I'll use an AR.

If you get a WASR, make sure you know what you intend to use it for and don't try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Cheers!

saiga is made in in Izhmash factory is Russia.. no wanna be AK...

So, because it's made in Russia makes it authentic? No. Other "authentic" AKs are made all over the world.

Dude, your in love with Saiga. I'm still waiting for you to post another picture of one of your tacticooled piece of junk Saiga's.

Technically Saigas are made out of the only factory(ies?) that Mr. Kalashnikov actually OK'ed. Kalashnikov also has been quoted saying that he regrets the AK ever being copied/mass produced by other countries to wage their wars, and that he doesn't want his name associated with that bloodshed.

So, are other AKs that are not Saigas authentic, sure? Are they legitimate, arguably not.

I personally don't have a horse in the race, and find it a bit amusing to see Ray get so fired up-- that or he's in super-troll-mode.

• Like 1

So, because it's made in Russia makes it authentic? No. Other "authentic" AKs are made all over the world.

Dude, your in love with Saiga. I'm still waiting for you to post another picture of one of your tacticooled piece of junk Saiga's.

unlike other junk AKs that you have owned all of my Saigas worked.. right out of the box.. what was that gbx9034 or whatever the hell it was that you bought.. the sights were so canted it could not even be sighted in.. listen why don't you stick with babbling about pump guns (something you actually have some clue about) and leave the rifle talk to the rest of us...

I talk about and recommend Saigas because they work.. just like you swear by pump guns..

I have said a million times over.. there are other AK variants out there.. I prefer the saiga for one simple reason.. I have had exceptional experience with them.. so I recommend them.. but I ALWAYS make people aware that there are other options out there..

as far as tacticool.. you got me beat by a mile.. you were the guy who posted the SXS with 800 rounds of 12 gauge strapped to it..

but seriously.. offer some useful info or stop trolling the thread..

• Like 1

Saigas and WASRs arent all that is out there...

nothing like showing up late to the party and restating what has already been said several times.. LOL

Saigas are a poor choice

WASRs are a better choice, but not near the best choice...

nothing like showing up late to the party and making useless general statements with absolutely no fact.. LOL

nice!

I swear people talk shit on Saigas because I rave about them.. the thing I don't get is the ridiculous "anti Saiga" sentiment when there is absolutely no supporting argument.. having had range time with MANY Saigas.. I have yet to come across one that didn't perform.. and perform well.. I beat the hell out of mine and it keeps on going.. just like an AK should.. the only argument could be the financial one.. if you wanted to just "buy an AK" and go out and shoot.. the Saiga is NOT for you.. and I agree with that.. but if you plan on customizing the gun.. I fail to see ANY downside to the Saiga..

I have said it a MILLION times.. there are PLENTY of NJ legal AK variants.. I am far from an expert.. I have read about a TON of wasr issues.. and the ones I handled I was far from impressed with.. that is my opinion.. based on my experience..

if you are going to say "get this gun" or "don't get that gun" at least explain why..

simply stating one is a "better choice" with that being the extent of it.. is silly.. and just about useless..

I've posted my 2 cents a thousand times

Saigas are too much time & money to get a good result. Bolt on handguard retainers and chopped off tangs for stock adaptors is not a good result.

WASR-10s are much better than what most people think. The current crop of WASR-10s are quite reliable. They wont win any beauty contests, but they work. They are also set up perfectly for someone whom wants a traditional AK with the 45 degree gas block, proper furniture/gas tube, slant brake/nut etc. You only hear about bad guns on the internet, and with tens of thousands of WASRS out there theres bound to be bad ones.

For someone who wants more quality than a WASR, you have gewehr works, waffen werks, the polish milled rifles by CAI, the older lancasters, SARs, arsenals, FEG, norinco etc.

All of them are more cost effective then a saiga, require less work, and less money to get the same result. You can buy an arsenal cheaper than you can build a saiga to the same level, plus it takes no time...

There, I brought facts. fire away :)

Bolt on handguard retainers and chopped off tangs for stock adaptors is not a good result.

the thing is.. you make comments based on preference and not reality..

first of all.. I have beat the shit out of my gun.. the retainer has not moved.. it is rock solid..

if for some reason this does not satisfy.. you really don't even have to change the handguard.. OR you can just use a Saiga specific one..

as far as the tang goes.. cutting the tang has NOTHING to do with converting a Saiga.. you can use standard AK furniture if that is your preference..

but since you brought it up.. you looked at how the ACE block is installed.. you would understand that thing is not going anywhere.. but like I said.. if it is not your cup of tea.. use standard AK furniture..

and I agreed with you.. a second ago.. if you intend to take the gun out of the box.. and not touch it.. Saiga is not the answer.. but if you are like me.. and you want your gun a certain way.. then a Saiga is a great choice.. it all comes down to what you want..

I don't mind that you do not personally want a Saiga.. I mean I have no stock in Russian small arms.. lol I just don't understand the reasoning..

the time I invested had a great payout.. in that I learned every inch of that gun..

the money? I would have invested it in ANY other AK platform since I put guns together how I want them.. with that in mind.. the Saiga was actually cheaper.. since the base gun was cheaper..

you don't have to agree.. just want you to understand..

WASR-10s are much better than what most people think. The current crop of WASR-10s are quite reliable. ................ You only hear about bad guns on the internet, and with tens of thousands of WASRS out there theres bound to be bad ones.

and how many bad Saigas do you hear about? I heard of a HANDFUL of 5.45s keyholing.. and that is about the extent of Saiga issues I have ever heard about in the years I have been involved with that weapon..

I would choose a saiga over wasr only because in my experience with wasrs years ago. I would find another model ak before a saiga as the conversion parts have gotten too expensive.

if you look around and are patient I'm sure you can find something else for about the same price or less than a converted saiga.

the thing is.. you make comments based on preference and not reality..

:icon_rolleyes:

You dont make comments based on your preference of the saiga?

lol ok. dont throw rocks from a glass house.

And what about what I talk about is less "real" than what you talk about?

/end pissing contest