aguilar64

WASR 10 vs AK47

:icon_rolleyes:

You dont make comments based on your preference of the saiga?

lol ok. dont throw rocks from a glass house.

And what about what I talk about is less "real" than what you talk about?

/end pissing contest

when you say things like "removing the tang is not good" what does that even mean? it has NO relevance to converting a Saiga.. it is something you could do to ANY AK if you want an ACE stock..

so when I say "why no saiga" and you say "cut tangs are bad"

it is like saying "why are ARs bad" and you say " "I really don't like Troy back up iron sights"

as if ALL AR15s have them.. it just makes no sense?

that is what I mean by opinion.. and you appear to be molding your opinion of Saigas based on my personal gun (as you commented on the ACE stock adapter with cut tang)

when I ask for a valid reason.. I kind of expect things like..

"when I used my friends Saiga it constantly failed to feed"

"I always hear about how Saigas have failures to fire"

as opposed to

"I don't like Saigas and think they are bad choices because you cut your tang"

Vlad, you have to admit that your love affair with Saiga's is kinda weird.

not so much.. the guns just run well.. and I love the platform as much as others like guns they are dedicated to..

it is just the impression that you get because it is discussed frequently and my answer is always the same..

Vlad, you have to admit that your love affair with Saiga's is kinda weird.

Cmon Vlad, just admit it already!

You know your lust for Saiga's is a bit much. Just because you're happy with that platform, doesn't mean you have to be one-sided about it. If Saiga's work for you, that's great, but don't post all over the AK section making it seem like Saiga's are the only 'dead reliable, accurate' AK out there.

It's like Corvette lovers saying that Corvette's are the best, reliable, fast sports car when there are hundreds of other sport cars out there.

Cmon Vlad, just admit it already!

You know your lust for Saiga's is a bit much. Just because you're happy with that platform, doesn't mean you have to be one-sided about it. If Saiga's work for you, that's great, but don't post all over the AK section making it seem like Saiga's are the only 'dead reliable, accurate' AK out there.

It's like Corvette lovers saying that Corvette's are the best, reliable, fast sports car when there are hundreds of other sport cars out there.

it is like asking a corvette owner what car will go fast and perform well and expecting him to tell you to get a WRX...

what I am doing. .and I have done.. is relaying my personal experience.. which has been extremely positive..

it is literally answering the question...

what AK is good?

I have had a ton of success with Saigas.. many of my friends have had the same success - true

some other AKs I have personally handled (while it has only been a few) have had issues that made me not impressed.. - true

some other AKs have really questionably consistency with quality - true

BUT there ARE other good AK platforms out there - true

and I leave it at that.. I am not going to tell them about a "polish milled AK" because I have no genuine personal experience to relay.. and I do not make things up..

the reason you have read my love for Saigas a million times over is because my answer to "what AK" is always the same..

I have seen some AKs that suck...

Saigas have never failed me or anyone I personally know..

but there are other good AKs out there (I am just not personally acquainted with them)

I am just really unsure as to why that is so hard to grasp..

the thing is.. you make comments based on preference and not reality..

first of all.. I have beat the shit out of my gun.. the retainer has not moved.. it is rock solid..

if for some reason this does not satisfy.. you really don't even have to change the handguard.. OR you can just use a Saiga specific one..

as far as the tang goes.. cutting the tang has NOTHING to do with converting a Saiga.. you can use standard AK furniture if that is your preference..

but since you brought it up.. you looked at how the ACE block is installed.. you would understand that thing is not going anywhere.. but like I said.. if it is not your cup of tea.. use standard AK furniture..

and I agreed with you.. a second ago.. if you intend to take the gun out of the box.. and not touch it.. Saiga is not the answer.. but if you are like me.. and you want your gun a certain way.. then a Saiga is a great choice.. it all comes down to what you want..

I don't mind that you do not personally want a Saiga.. I mean I have no stock in Russian small arms.. lol I just don't understand the reasoning..

the time I invested had a great payout.. in that I learned every inch of that gun..

the money? I would have invested it in ANY other AK platform since I put guns together how I want them.. with that in mind.. the Saiga was actually cheaper.. since the base gun was cheaper..

you don't have to agree.. just want you to understand..

and how many bad Saigas do you hear about? I heard of a HANDFUL of 5.45s keyholing.. and that is about the extent of Saiga issues I have ever heard about in the years I have been involved with that weapon..

WASR-10s had issues... about 10 years ago. But they fixed them and their CS is quite good. I'm 2 for 2 with them and the only issue I had was a bent dust cover that didn't effect how the rifle worked, just needed some brute force to re-assemble. CAI ended up sending me a replacement anyways, and it was good to go.

I don't get it, it's an AK... one was made by a drunk Russian babushka, the other made by a drunk Romanian one... both shoot the same bullets, with the same reliability, out of the same chrome lined barrel. One just requires more work to be like the other though...

I don't get it, it's an AK... one was made by a drunk Russian babushka, the other made by a drunk Romanian one... both shoot the same bullets, with the same reliability, out of the same chrome lined barrel. One just requires more work to be like the other though...

not all AKs are reliable.. (ask ray)

not all AKs have chrome lined barrels..

not all AKs have straight sights..

and so on..

not all AKs are reliable.. (ask rey)

not all AKs have chrome lined barrels..

not all AKs have straight sights..

and so on..

GP1975

wasn't reliable

wasn't crome lined

front sight was ridiculously crocked

• Like 1

...google "saiga problems"

the ONLY problems you will find are the following two

"people who do not understand what ammo the shotgun requires"

"people having "problems" finding them for sale a couple years back when there was a big demand for them.."...

Saigas have never failed me or anyone I personally know.....

Right here on our own boards:

First test fire...FTF... First 2 shots were good, then i manually cycled every shot with the bolt,ejecting rounds with no primer strikes, though you could hear the hammer dropping. any ideas how to fix?thanks guys

lol

Cool. Must've found a good deal someplace.

Classisarms has the saiga's for $299 for a while. I grabbed one the day I saw that price. I think they're $319 now.

Payed $25 for a sweet battlefield pickup stock set (Thanks Drez) and didn't use the bolt on retainer but instead used an extended tab and the factory forearm bolt hole in the reciever.

I bough and converted my saiga for a grand total of $405. Not including transfer fee's and shipping.

Find me a WASR for a much better price then that.

Apples and oranges.

Dont forget, time is money. If I get an AK parts kit for $180 and a reciever flat for $20, then spend 12 hours building the AK, sure it only cost you $200, but it cost you time as well.

And for $405 did you replace your gas block and front sight base as well? How about a rivet on retainer? Threaded muzzle with slant brake?

I know none of that matters functionally but if you are going to compare them financially then you must compare them fairly. For $405 you did not get the same product, regardless if it matters or not to you.

Correct, therfore your direct price comparison between the two is unfair. It would be like you having a geo metro, me having a civic. Then you say well the geo metro is better than the civic, because its cheaper and they both accomplish the same thing. Well sure they do accomplish the same thing just like a converted saiga & WASR do, but you get more for the $$$ with the civic and the WASR.

For some of us who do not have the time, tools and machinery and know how to convert a Saiga. The other options makes a lot more sense. I don't have a WASR but I know the ones from Henderson Defense work 100% and I love Arsenal made AK Variants.

I'm talking about for people who do not wish or don't have the means to convert a Saiga in general. Just because someone have the know how does not mean they have the tools or time to do it.

I work on my own guns to a certain extent. But to fully convert a Saiga I do not have the tools to do a prefessional looking job. I can't thread the muzzle myself or weld something if I need to. To do that I have to spend time and money to either drive or send the gun to someone who can. Sure I can cut the sheet metal here and there with a Dremel for a simple conversion, but the end result will not look like a prefessionally converted AK clone if I do it.

And besides, why bother doing it when you can get it done by someone else for cheaper?

An Arsenal is a converted saiga, done by pros. You cannot build the equal to an arsenal for the same price or less, so why waste your time for a product that wont be the same fit & finish? Just an example...

And besides, why bother doing it when you can get it done by someone else for cheaper?

An Arsenal is a converted saiga, done by pros. You cannot build the equal to an arsenal for the same price or less, so why waste your time for a product that wont be the same fit & finish? Just an example...

because some people like to work on their own stuff.. and as I have pointed out.. time and time again.. I never bought an "AK" with the intention of leaving it exactly as purchased.. so I could have bought a WASR for however much they are.. then spent money on the furniture I wanted.. the gas tube.. and all that.. OR I could just buy a Saiga and hand pick every product.. and end up with the exact gun I wanted.. it is not rocket science.. if you are an off the shelf shoot and forget it kind of guy then a Saiga is not for you.. but if you intend to customize the gun as many people do.. then it is a great choice..

as for the malfunctions.. his gun is NOT factory so it is moot.. the issue likely has something to do with the conversion..

Classisarms has the saiga's for $299 for a while. I grabbed one the day I saw that price. I think they're $319 now.

as of last week $349.99 at Classisarms for 7.62 which was $373 to me with S&H plus. This is my 3rd one Saiga buy since joining this NJGF for a grand total of four. I had a 308 before arriving here but didn't convert until I started hanging out here for a while, LOL. I'm glad I finally purchased something that is actually going up in value.
  • Like 1

I just recently bought a wasr10 and i really like it, all i really need to do is adjust the front sights and ill be fine.

Me and my wife shot 80 rounds through it at bullethole last week and i say it works pretty good.

My experience, dont bash me please lol

I just recently bought a wasr10 and i really like it, all i really need to do is adjust the front sights and ill be fine.

Me and my wife shot 80 rounds through it at bullethole last week and i say it works pretty good.

My experience, dont bash me please lol

pics!