Secret Squirrel

Best Pizza Place in NJ

Haven't had the "best" pizza in Jersey, but that's probably cause I'm spoiled being from Brooklyn and all. But I must say the pizza at Colombo's in Lincoln Park is pretty darn good.

Panatieri's in Flemington makes an original Brooklyn-style sicilian pizza that is probably the best thick crust pizza I have ever had before.

Hands down, the BEST...........Ralph's Pizzeria in Nutley, only a stones throw from Rutts Hutt.

They have been there for close to 50 years and their pie is mouth watering. The crust is thin and crunchy and the sauce is tangy and sweet; a very unique experience.

Now I'm starving. Oh and Benny tudino's has some of the hottest wings I have ever eaten.

Scratch DeLorenzo's off that list:

http://www.nj.com/en...n_street_i.html

They do have a location on 33 in Robbinsville, haven't tried that one though.

Wow, that was news to me. Sorry to see it go. I believe Sam (the son) runs the Robbinsville location, but I'm not certain - never been to that one.

For a DeLorenzo-like pie there is a small restaurant close to me that makes an excellent knock-off. The name of the place is Nutts and it is on Rt 29 just north of the Washington Crossing Bridge - the one reason we haven't been to DeLorenzo's for a while.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

There used to be the best pizzaria in Perth Amboy called Squarintino's or Scorentino's...not sure how to spell it. They ended up getting the boot and they opened up another pizzeria in the Sayreville or South Amboy area. I have not been to the new location, but the Perth Amboy location had a wood burning oven and everything...it was the best.

I remember them from when I used to live on the waterfront in Perth Amboy and remember eating their pizza a lot, yes it was good. I'll have to see where they moved to. Thanks for reminding me..

Besides Macks in Wildwood on the board walk, Vitos in Pennsgrove on Rt.130. My third choice is Andy's across from Pennsgrove Middle School. Everything else is either to doughy, or mass produced.

Now when I lived in Florida there was this awesome place called Nana's. Best thin crust in Lee county IMO.

When I first moved out to NJ from Brooklyn, I thought I was in pizza purgatory (or food purgatory). Fortunately, there is this place called Mr. Nino's in Union, NJ that is quite darn good. Saved me from eating subpar pizza at Domino's, Pizza Hut or Papa John's.

Antoninos in Blackwood.

Now if you want Buffalo Chicken Pizza: either Coppola's in laurel springs, or Passariello's in Voorhees, or Mario & Joes in Pine Hill (all 3 are different types, each great in their own way)

BTW....Mario & Joes: Best wings!!!!

" Top of the park" in Boonton," Neils " in wayne... Top of the park has the best Brooklyn pie hands down and the other food they serve is top notch,pun intended

Neils makes the best thin crust pie ive had in NJ and i eat a truck load of pizza

I know Joe Barone personally, he is a phenomenal chef. I recommend anyone near Morris county to go there and try his food, you will not be disappointed. FYI it's a BYOB restaurant.

I remember them from when I used to live on the waterfront in Perth Amboy and remember eating their pizza a lot, yes it was good. I'll have to see where they moved to. Thanks for reminding me..

http://www.sciortinos.net/

They are in South Amboy and the pizza is excellent. It tastes just as good as when they were in Perth Amboy.

I didn't realize that the Trenton location for DeLorenzo had closed... and that the one on 33 opened. The new location is far more convenient for me, so, I'll have to stop by some time in the very near future.

Vasuvios in milstone, he makes everything even the cheese from scratch. Been a while though may have changed by now, next is the pizza joint on 516 in oks bridge in the nysc plazza, ate there a lot growing up, no good pizza in jackson they all suck

Villa Rosa in Hawthorne, NJ (walking distance from my current house)

And Pizza Town, Rt 46 Elmwood Park (walking distance from my old house).

(I tend to congregate near butt-whoopin' pizza. When I was in college in Cleveland... I lived within walking distance of the only 2 good pizza places I knew of in that entire city. Mama Santa's and Captain Tony's.)