Secret Squirrel

Best Pizza Place in NJ

Martio's is that right by route 59 and the nanuet mall? If it is, they make good Pizza. That's the place!

Brooklyn's Brick Oven is good, but if you are in Hackensack, try Presto's. I'm in Hackensack a lot so I'll try it

Lido's does no take out or slices so eat in.

I'd have to agree with that. With all the pizza joints in Jackson you'd think there'd be something at least just good. Nope, have had them all and the only two I think are bearable are Enzo's and Emilio's.

Mariccios on 571 used to be good, I like the pizza joint in time river home depot plazza, crispt crusty, thin, the suave is perfect. And then there is darios in toms river where the old tjmaxx used to be...... Great specialty pies there margarita pizza is awesome. You should check both out

Brooklyn's Brick Oven Pizzeria in Hackensack.

I dont eat pizza any more for health reasons but just thinking about this place makes me want to change that...

http://www.yelp.com/...eria-hackensack

Are they still cash only? I took a customer there for lunch a few years back and got an unpleasant surprise when I tried to use my company Amex card. Had to grab a bunch of quarters out of the car to pay the bill.

I can't come up with a "best" as there are just too many different kinds of pizza. Some I like:

Famous Ray's in Verona - if you like a lot of cheese, this is for you

Starlight in West Orange - nice thin, crispy crust (haven't been there in many years, though)

Nonna's in Florham Park - pizza is good, pepperoni pinwheels are great, annoyingly busy at times

Brick House in Wharton - great brick-oven style pizza, good prices, a little off the beaten path behind Picatinny Arsenal

Cammarata's in Livingston - Thin crust, kind of sloppy, pepperoni cut in stips and piled on thick - I haven't had it in years

Reservior Tavern in Boonton - Good pie but I'm not sure how much influence the beer has in that equation

DiPaolo Bakery in Verona - They sell these little, personal pies that are just really tasty, Reheat and enjoy- as a bonus you can grab a sfogliatelle

Pizza 46 in Little Falls - One of the better ziti pies

I gotta stop this now. I'm getting too hungry

Not necessarily in this order, but:

1. Bruno's in Clifton for Sicilian;

2. DonnaGio's in Elmwood Park for round;

3. Frank's in Saddle Brook for round;

4. Little Mac's on Jenkinson's Boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach for huge, delicious slices or all varieties.

GSY

I can't come up with a "best" as there are just too many different kinds of pizza. Some I like:

Famous Ray's in Verona - if you like a lot of cheese, this is for you

Starlight in West Orange - nice thin, crispy crust (haven't been there in many years, though)

Nonna's in Florham Park - pizza is good, pepperoni pinwheels are great, annoyingly busy at times

Brick House in Wharton - great brick-oven style pizza, good prices, a little off the beaten path behind Picatinny Arsenal

Cammarata's in Livingston - Thin crust, kind of sloppy, pepperoni cut in stips and piled on thick - I haven't had it in years

Reservior Tavern in Boonton - Good pie but I'm not sure how much influence the beer has in that equation

DiPaolo Bakery in Verona - They sell these little, personal pies that are just really tasty, Reheat and enjoy- as a bonus you can grab a sfogliatelle

Pizza 46 in Little Falls - One of the better ziti pies

I gotta stop this now. I'm getting too hungry

Uhhhhh WHAT?! I guess it used to be better in the past, since you said you haven't been there in a while. Starlite is absolutely horrendous these days. Lol.

This might sound nuts, but there's phenomenal pizza at the driving range on Eagle Rock Ave. in Roseland. During the offseason, I used to always go hit golf balls, grab 2 slices, then go home. Made for a great afternoon.

Uhhhhh WHAT?! I guess it used to be better in the past, since you said you haven't been there in a while. Starlite is absolutely horrendous these days.

When I actually do the math, it's probably been between 15 and 20 years since I have eaten there. Used to get a pie there pretty regularly back then. Sorry to hear it has gone downhill.

I don't know since I haven't been there in a couple years. That sux about the biz lunch. Always a kick in the nads after having a good meal.

Are they still cash only? I took a customer there for lunch a few years back and got an unpleasant surprise when I tried to use my company Amex card. Had to grab a bunch of quarters out of the car to pay the bill.

Another vote for Vic's in Bradley Beach! Best thin crust around, unless you want to drive to meet Joe in Annadale for Millers!

Regular style crust joint right here in South Amboy is South Amboy Pizza! Crust is so tasty they make their sub rolls out of it!!