EX Carnival man

What not to say to a cop at a traffic stop

You have to do something stupid for me to stop you..you have to then be a MAJOR jackwagon for me to write you.... other than in Accidents, pretty much every ticket for a moving violation I;ve ever written, has been directly because the operator talked himself into it....generally by attempting to be "Witty" funny thing is that the biggest smartasses usually end up givin me LOTS of rope to hang them with.....last guy who tried to play games also had an expired DL, Expired Reg, No ins card on him, broken tail light, about 50lbs of Mardi Gras beads hanging from his Mirror (obstructed View), and a bunch of other nonsense..IIRC when it was over he walked away with a full book of Tickets..somehow, he wasnt as amused by his performance as I was.....

I don't see how he's making "all" cops look like asshats by posting an obviously humor intended video, online.

I know plenty of cops that do that in real life, they don't need the help of the internet. (and these are friends I'm talking about!)

i dont see how that makes us "all" look like asshats. If we "all" posted it then maybe,but since we didn't "all" post it, it doesn't.

I didn't find it that funny but i wasn't offended.

As a member of the site, he represents the firearms community. It's really not a hard connection to make :rolleyes:

You have to do something stupid for me to stop you..you have to then be a MAJOR jackwagon for me to write you.... other than in Accidents, pretty much every ticket for a moving violation I;ve ever written, has been directly because the operator talked himself into it....generally by attempting to be "Witty" funny thing is that the biggest smartasses usually end up givin me LOTS of rope to hang them with.....last guy who tried to play games also had an expired DL, Expired Reg, No ins card on him, broken tail light, about 50lbs of Mardi Gras beads hanging from his Mirror (obstructed View), and a bunch of other nonsense..IIRC when it was over he walked away with a full book of Tickets..somehow, he wasnt as amused by his performance as I was.....

I used to get an attitude when pulled over, but that got to be expensive (plus I was young and stupid then).

Now I realize that this has to be one of the more dangerous part of the job--so I keep my hands on the wheel, open palm; respond with either "Yes sir" or "No sir" and try to be respectful. I do not understand mature people taking an attitude--even if you fake it, it is going to cost you a lot less.

I like Chris Rock's old video on how not to get your a$$ kicked by the police (Sorry it is low-def):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-880897175401400927#

It more closely illustrated the crap that most officers do have to put up with on a daily basis.

I was waiting for the officer to say that he stopped him to tell him his brake light was out and that he had to get it fixed.

It more closely illustrated the crap that most officers do have to put up with on a daily basis.

I was waiting for the officer to say that he stopped him to tell him his brake light was out and that he had to get it fixed.

I was lurking on Arcom once and saw a byplay between one of the cops and one of the most vociferous cop-haters (Makes you guys look like pikers) who actually complained that the local PD knocked on his door to tell him his car door had been left open, and the interior light was on.

Being a wisea$$ when getting pulled over is never, ever a good idea. I used to have a night job, so I'd be coming home around 2am and at other times, I've had a bit of a lead foot. When coming home from the night job, the conversation was quick, most cops in my town knew of my workplace and that there's a night shift. Whatever the reason for the stop, my engine gets turned off, keys on the dashboard, when the officer approaches (they usually take a few minutes, run the plates, etc), my license, registration & proof of insurance is already in my hand - they're gonna ask for it anyway, no matter where this goes. both hands are on the steering wheel. The officer gets greeted with "Good day officer/trooper, how are you?" - I have been let go with just a warning or gotten the lowest ticket possible for not so great infractions, every time. It's good to be a gentleman...

As a member of the site, he represents the firearms community. It's really not a hard connection to make :rolleyes:

ehhh i think a reasonable person would see it as one person making a statement and not all of us ,especially based on the responses it got lol..

But hey who in the anti group is even slight reasonable!?!?!?