MarkWVU02

The Bullet Hole...again

Got my new AFG2 thanks to Old School! Forgot to get a rail section to attach it to my MOE handguards. Probably would've driven to First Line Tactical but they're closed on Sundays. I decided to give the Bullet Hole a try. Honestly, I don't really have much of an issue with this place. I understand people's views i just see it from a different perspective and have learned to just disregard things. Well I got there and explained to the gentleman behind the counter that I was looking for the polymer rail sections for a Magpul handguard. he said I need to talk to a gunsmith and went and got him. I told him what I was looking for and said I wanted a 7 or 9 slot section. He told me that's not how it worked. I explained I had an AFG and wanted to attach it to the handguards. He told me that's not how they're sold and I needed to now the length of my gas system. I said midlength but I just need a small section to attach the grip. He said that's not how it worked and walked into the range. I figured he was going to get something or try to show me what he was talking about so I waited. I pulled the Magpul website up on my iPhone so I could show him what I meant. After 5-10 minutes I asked the guy behind the counter if he was coming back and showed him the picture of what I meant. The gunsmith returned and I showed him the picture on Magpul's website, and a picture I pulled up off Google search that show the AFG attached to the MOE handguard. He looked at the pictures, walked over and grabbed an AR, and then proceeded to again tell me I needed to know the length of the gas system for him to be able to give me what I needed. He then walked over and grabbed some quad rails and showed me how a quad rail need to fit a gas system. Really? I didn't know that. I explained again that I already had a Magpul hanguard, it was midlength, and all I needed was a rail section. He said the rails come with the kit and showed me an ATI quad rail. At this point I was frustrated. I showed him the pictures again and explained that I just needed the rail piece that screwed into the problem. He held up the quad rail again and said "it comes in the package". I told him I didn't want a quad rail. He started to walk away a saying rudely "we don't have what you need than". Thanks buddy!

I can't understand how a "gunsmith" has no idea what Magpul products are. I think after explaining and showing pictures a "gunsmith" would understand what I'm talking about. He couldn't understand I didn't want a quad rail especially not the two pieces of sh*t he showed me. That's the last time I go there looking for anything.

I bought a piece of rail to stick on top of a revolver so I could mount a red dot. Guess he would have no clue what to sell me since there isn't a kit and there were no holes in the revolver either......................

I still have a small piece left, maybe 4" long if you need it. Plastic, not metal.

Yep, that's the typical customer experience at the Bullet Hole: surly, impatient and close-minded. They have my sincere thanks for providing a walk-on range and being a host and ally to a big activist for gun rights in NJ (Gun for Hire). I know it can't be easy running a retail gun operation in a state that actively hates the gun industry but still the attitude from store staff is hard to swallow.

• Like 1

Who are you calling a mall ninja?

He meant that a mall ninja (like me or him) would know what you wanted. They (not being mall ninja's) don't know what the eff you wanted. They suck, you don't. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Like 2

I bought a piece of rail to stick on top of a revolver so I could mount a red dot. Guess he would have no clue what to sell me since there isn't a kit and there were no holes in the revolver either......................

I still have a small piece left, maybe 4" long if you need it. Plastic, not metal.

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to swing by First Line Tactical on my way home (I work in Jersey City). They had them last time I was there.