Bully

At least he responded...

Sent Lautenberg and Menendez an email thru the NRA site urging them to support HR-822. Lautenberg didn't even give the courtesy of a reply. I guess when you've been in office that long AND you have as much money as that family does, the little people don't matter. Not that I even remotely believe that Menendez will be anywhere near my side on this matter, at least he had one of his "bots" send out a response. That matters in my book. Response follows:

Dear Mr. Morris:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you about this important issue.

As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to own and use firearms responsibly for recreational purposes or protection of one's home and family. At the same time, I vigorously support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and gangs who wish to use them against society. In order to ensure the safety of our communities, we must prevent criminals from purchasing firearms.

The National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act would provide a national standard with which non-residents of a State may carry concealed firearms in that State. On this, as with any other issue, there are many different views. While there is no similar legislation to that of H.R. 822 in the Senate at this time, please be assured that I will keep your views in mind if such legislation is introduced.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I invite you to visit my website (http://menendez.senate.gov) to learn more about how I am standing up for New Jersey families in the United States Senate.

C

" keep criminals from purchasing firearms" lol. I am sure they are waiting for their FID and permits just like us.

Lol I can see it now... A couple of blood members finish a drug transaction and the one says " these f**king cops are taking for ever with my FID! They say it's because my reference letters haven't got dare yet"

• Like 1

Lol I can see it now... A couple of blood members finish a drug transaction and the one says " these f**king cops are taking for ever with my FID! They say it's because my reference letters haven't got dare yet"

Damn I would have capped his a** but my permits are sittin in a pile waiting to be signed.

I would frame it and put it on the mantle if I were you.

This is the first time you ever had a polictician tell you to go fugg yourself?

Yup. Until I purchased a firearm, I never was remotely interested in politics. Now that I have been paying a modicum of attention, I'm apalled at myself for what I have allowed to happen. Pulling a Rumplestiltskin is a bad feeling.

I would like to get more involved, however it's a daunting thing. I mean, I look at some of the threads on here and y'all know a bunch! Where to start?

C

You should have told him you were a registered Democrat, in the United States illegaly, and would like to speak with him. He'd probably invite you to his house to discuss how to make our country better.

• Like 1

You should have told him you were a registered Democrat, in the United States illegaly, and would like to speak with him. He'd probably invite you to his house to discuss how to make our country better.

Exactly the reason I wouldn't have done that.

C

You have a way of making me laugh, I love you.

I got a similar response from Senator Lautenberg. In my email to him I stated that I applaud his concern over states rights (which he cited as a reason to oppose the bill) but pointed out that 2A trumps 10A. But I am happy just knowing that he is keeping my views in mind as he goes about the people's business. I know he's got my back ;-)

Thank you for contacting me about concealed weapons. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, the “National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act” (H.R. 822) would allow individuals who have permits to carry concealed firearms in their home states to have their concealed carry permits recognized in other states that also allow concealed firearms to be carried. This legislation has been introduced in the House of Representatives and is currently pending before the House Judiciary Committee. Similar legislation has not been introduced in the Senate.

Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind should this or similar legislation be considered in the Senate. Thank you again for contacting me.

FRL: mts

Sincerely,

signature.jpg

as long as you have a permit to carry in other states...

Funny thing is.. if they pass this.. NJ will relax their standards to cash in on the permit fees if the HAVE to allow it.

I don't think so. I am no legal scholar, but the way I read the last sentence Sec 926D(a) it does not apply to residents of the state that obtain permits in other states:

Sec. 926D. Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms

`(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)), a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State, other than the State of residence of the person, that--

• `(1) has a statute that allows residents of the State to obtain licenses or permits to carry concealed firearms; or

• `(2) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purposes.

So, perversely, people living in PA could CCW in NJ, but not residents of NJ!

I don't think so. I am no legal scholar, but the way I read the last sentence Sec 926D(a) it does not apply to residents of the state that obtain permits in other states:

• `(1) has a statute that allows residents of the State to obtain licenses or permits to carry concealed firearms; or

• `(2) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purposes.

So, perversely, people living in PA could CCW in NJ, but not residents of NJ!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

C

Writing to this Senator regarding this issue (not that I'd discourage anyone from writing their reps) is like asking to be stabbed in the back in a way.... Just saying...,
Unfornatuly true but if people don't say or do anything, nothing will get done ever. Like the song: Skip to 14:40 for the movement... :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKF7aQthcQ&feature=related

• Like 1

as long as you have a permit to carry in other states...

Funny thing is.. if they pass this.. NJ will relax their standards to cash in on the permit fees if the HAVE to allow it.

No NJ will become Chicago if this is passed!

Unfornatuly true but if people don't say or do anything, nothing will get done ever. Like the song: Skip to 14:40 for the movement... :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKF7aQthcQ&feature=related

Unfortunately when it comes to gun laws in NJ nothing gets done if you say something!

Lautenberg replied to me as well.. Surprisingly not as dismissive as Menendez.

Thank you for contacting me about concealed weapons. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, the “National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act” (H.R. 822) would allow individuals who have permits to carry concealed firearms in their home states to have their concealed carry permits recognized in other states that also allow concealed firearms to be carried. The House of Representatives passed this bill in November 2011. It is currently awaiting action before the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member.

Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind should this or similar legislation be considered in the Senate. Thank you again for contacting me.

FRL: mts

Sincerely,

signature.jpg

Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Your comments are very important to me, and I wanted to confirm with you that I have received your message. All communications I receive are registered and sorted by my office, and I will try to respond to you as quickly as possible.

If you have contacted me about an individual issue that you are having with a federal or state agency that requires immediate assistance please contact my Newark, NJ office directly at 973-645-3030.

Sincerely,

Senator Robert Menendez

Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Your comments are very important to me, and I wanted to confirm with you that I have received your message. All communications I receive are registered and sorted by my office, and I will try to respond to you as quickly as possible.

If you have contacted me about an individual issue that you are having with a federal or state agency that requires immediate assistance please contact my Newark, NJ office directly at 973-645-3030.

Sincerely,

Senator Robert Menendez

I think we have all received that forum letter many times..