keithco88

March 18th IDPA @ SCFGPA

I'll be there! Somerset is a great place to try your first match. Make sure to be there early for the new shooters briefing. Make sure to let the Safety Officer running your squad know that you're a new shooter. Also, take it slow. S L O W. Sllloooowwww. You'll have an awesome time.

Perhaps the mods could move this to the Competitive / Match forum.

I'm pretty pumped for this weekend. Do any of you guys usually shoot together? I'll be riding in solo with maybe a spectator or two who are in the process of getting their FIDs and are considering IDPA as well who want to learn.

Anybody mind if I join up with a group for the day? I'll bring coffee!

hey what's the actual address I'm driving to? The confirmation email says one thing (first below) and the somersetidpa.com website says another (second below).

224 Milltown Road

Branchburg Park, NJ 08807

445 Milltown Road

Bridgewater, NJ 08807

Keithco88 & checker50 come up and introduce yourselves. By way of an identifier I was going to say that I am the bearded old guy shooting the revolver - but Jim Hinton (another bearded older revolver shooter) showed-up last month so now I have to add: I'm the fat, old guy with a beard, shooting the revolver. See you there.

Sorry you missed it Dave.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Nice meeting/seeing you guys

Keithco, nice shooting, regardless of noobness.

I was able to fill a spot after initially being sold out on.

Nice to be shooting there again, but there's more work to be done!

I had a great time and will definitely be doing it again. Once the PPQ gets on whatever USPSA list it needs to be on I'll probably try that out too.

No need to wait to get your feet wet. You can shoot the PPQ in Limited 10 minor. Yes, it puts you at a disadvantage against major shooters, but it gives you the experience and, for your own satisfaction, just compare how you score with the production class shooters. You shot really well yesterday, so I encourage you to try out USPSA sooner, rather than later. While they appear very much the same, IDPA and USPSA are two very different, but equally enjoyable, games.

We have another one of those weird weekends coming up, where the first Saturday of the month and the second Sunday of the month occur on the same weekend, which puts Shongum and Central Jersey back-to-back on the same weekend.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Fun match as always. I'm proud to say that I had zero points down on all three non-threats I took out :D .

Anyway, hope to see everyone again next month. (Pre-reg link is already open btw)

Yeah - Some pretty difficult shots there. I had fun with that somersault one.

did Tom send out the scores already? I haven't gotten anything yet

If you didn't put your email on the form, he didn't email it to you. If you want it, just PM me your email address and I'll forward it.

anyone have video of the match?

I was surprised when I got the email that what it seems like... all the stages typically are up close, with no far shots?

All this means is that I will have to make more USPSA stages with 25 yard shots to balance it out. =P

Now question, when do you have to use the tactical fishing vest in IDPA? Once classified or when? I can shoot one more IDPA before putting up or shutting up about registering.

anyone have video of the match?

I was surprised when I got the email that what it seems like... all the stages typically are up close, with no far shots?

All this means is that I will have to make more USPSA stages with 25 yard shots to balance it out. =P

Now question, when do you have to use the tactical fishing vest in IDPA? Once classified or when? I can shoot one more IDPA before putting up or shutting up about registering.

They're being leery about vids. I didn't use my camera - Didn't charge it so I was saving the battery and the memory card for shooting the nano.

Stage 1 was through a doorway, 3 targets, 1 no-shoot in front, advance through door, forward, turn right 3 more targets through a gap, keep going further right, 3 more targets and a NS around the corner.

Stage 2 was limited vickers, turn, draw and 2 shots each at 3 targets, furthest one being about 20-22 yards, then run forward to low cover (Barrel), reload, and 2 more shots at each target.

Stage 3 was limited vickers again (standards course), 2 shots at 3 targets from 20 yards, run forward/right - 3 shots from behind low cover, run forward/left, 3 shots from behind a barrel (shoot from below the top of the barrel, not over the top)

Stage 4 was relatively short range, but you had to continue moving while shooting. Simulating a guy pulling a "neo" - doing a cartwheel while trying to avoid fire. 3 no shoots in front so you had to be creative with how you were engaging.

You do NOT need a cover garment until you are classified.