Sign in to follow this  
MarkWVU02

Recommend me a holster

Blade Tech. Red Dot Shooting stocks a number of Blade Techs and has free shipping over $50.

I just ordered a Blade Tech for this class for my 92A1, but unfortunately it was out of stock and needed to be ordered (yay for being a lefty). Being that the class is less than 4 weeks away, if you decide to go Bladetech from Red Dot Shooting, I'd suggest calling them to verify stock. They told me it would be 4-8 weeks, but I'm hoping it will be closer to the 4. They did ask if I wanted the mag pouches sent early though, and got them a few days later, which was nice.

Good luck, and see you at the class.

Blade-Tech DOH Holster.

Be aware that if you intend to shoot IDPA, the DOH is not allowed. The DOH component is removable, in which case it would be legal for IDPA. I would only get the DOH if you intend to shoot USPSA exclusively. Otherwise, for IDPA or both disciplines, just get the standard holster with either the Tek-Lok or Stingray belt mount.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Be aware that if you intend to shoot IDPA, the DOH is not allowed. The DOH component is removable, in which case it would be legal for IDPA. I would only get the DOH if you intend to shoot USPSA exclusively. Otherwise, for IDPA or both disciplines, just get the standard holster with either the Tek-Lok or Stingray belt mount.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

This one?

http://www.blade-tech.com/Black-Ice-Holster-pr-1210.html

Got it. I posted the link after someone said not to get the DOH holster. If it can be removed than I might as well go with the DOH. Thanks again guys.

Oh, you're right, sorry about that. Forgot to do that reading thing again.

Mark:

This one:

http://www.blade-tec...ed-pr-1022.html

Or this one:

http://www.blade-tec...er-pr-1023.html

As Vlad and others pointed out the DOH component can be removed to make the holster IDPA legal. My point was that if you are going to shoot both disciplines, it is a PITA to keep switching back and forth, plus you are drawing from two different locations. You will build muscle memory faster and be more consistent if you draw from the same spot in both disciplines - thus, no need for the DOH. If you only intend to shoot USPSA, then by all means get the DOH. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PS: Not sure about the ICE holsters - they appear to be molded so that the gun can be tilted forward on the draw. I don't think that's a problem, but they also appear to be cut very low in the front, which may be a problem.

There is a reason nearly every competitor I know uses a bladetech. Buy the DOH, it will convert to the IDPA legal Stingray by just removing one part.

What Vlad said.

Bladetech is the way to go.